Re: Top of The Pops Sets 1970 - 1973 (forthcoming)

Mikey
It would be interesting if you could post the alternative shot with Marmalade in the background to compare, i dont recall that one.

Here is a slightly enlarged version with Marmalade on the circles set.

Re: Top of The Pops Sets 1970 - 1973 (forthcoming)

PansLegs
I can't find the alternative Pans People shots right now... but here's another shot from the same edition (same audience). If you can figure out who the group is that may pinpoint the episode.

Re: Top of The Pops Sets 1970 - 1973 (forthcoming)

VintageVideos
I'm 90 % sure that this is the group Caravan, so the picture should be from 20/08/1970.

Re: Top of The Pops Sets 1970 - 1973 (forthcoming)

PansLegs
VintageVideos wrote
I'm 90 % sure that this is the group Caravan, so the picture should be from 20/08/1970.
Sounds good to me

Re: Top of The Pops Sets 1970 - 1973 (forthcoming)

Super picture, and a good ID by Vin. The girl in the blue dress between the guitarists looks the same as the one behind Andrea in the Pans pic, so i guess they (the cage dancers) were told to stay in the same position during the recording. I'm having a harder time working out where the Tony pic relates, perhaps the moon could be to the right of where the other 2 were taken.

Popscene have added in Presenter pics on some of the available shows, and some of these are new to me.

Re: Top of The Pops Sets 1970 - 1973 (forthcoming)

Spot on VV it is Caravan, a fab band.
1234