1976 Champagne Moments - BONUS VOTE ADDED!

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Elimination round. Closing date 31st Oct

Doc wrote
Ryan, when you get the time can you set up a poll of the 10 above allowing two votes per person.
The top 3 will go through to a 6 year playoff vote.
What on this thread here ? Do i just simply number each nominated moment 1 to 10 in the poll ? Shall i make it a blind poll in which the winning moments are revealed at the end ? What voting time frame will each poll require ?

If you want my advice Doc, and probably you dont, id get all the year nominations out of the way first before moving on to these actual top ten of the year polls. That way the thing stays a bit tidier and folk will find it easier to focus more.

Once you are through with the nominated top tens for 76 to 81, then id turn my attention to the Nabble polls, maybe in December & January. All in new clean threads. Why not make each poll commence on a Monday evening and conclude on a Friday evening with the anticipation build up to the revealed winners, rather like the recent successful Ruby Flipper polls.

Anyhow, its your party Doc and i will follow your requirements.

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Elimination round. Closing date 31st Oct

Doc
I expect to get a top 10 from the later years and should have used the same method for 76.

The Poll:
Probably better on a new thread as some may not look here again.
A list of 1 to 10 as per the you tube video (and the pictures a few posts up) with a quick description to avoid accidental voting for the wrong one.
Possibly a week long.
Two votes per person so they have to drop a favourite.
Don't mind if it's blind or not.

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Elimination round. Closing date 31st Oct

Sorry but the emphasis is rather put on me to make the poll work if i have to launch the thread. What id prefer is for you to start a new thread, and in the first post you make your intro, use your pictures, your video and to ask for folk to vote using the Nabble Poll which i will post in the `second post` below your intro.

That way the thread is yours, with my input to a minimum with me only making the actual poll in the second post. I suggest you let me know when you intend to do this as i need to follow-up with my Nabble poll post soon after.

I would make the poll a blind one. I will use the numbers 1 to 10 only, folk will have to refer to your descriptions in the first post. I will make the poll last for 7 days. I will also pin it, as it would soon slide down if i didn't.

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Elimination round. Closing date 31st Oct

Doc
After some thought I agree with what you say about it being my my topic, so I've decided not to use a poll after all and will instead do something similar to the 77 vote.

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Elimination round. Closing date 31st Oct

Doc
It's now time to vote for the best Champagne Moment of 1976!

What you need to do:
You need to pick your favourite routine of the year and one runner up moment (2 in all).
(The favourite will score more than the runner up)

The 10 routines can be seen in this video https://youtu.be/Wxyb0oYMevQ
Pictures of each one can now be found in the first post of this thread.

(Note: The numbers of the moments have changed since the nomination phase)

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Elimination round. Closing date 31st Oct

PattiForPM
Fave           3. Rock n Me threesome

Runner Up   6. Breathless Sue

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Elimination round. Closing date 31st Oct

Doc
Guess what's top at the moment!

How long have we got to get these votes in Doc?

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Elimination round. Closing date 31st Oct

Favourite  6.  Breathless Sue
Runner up 8.  Sue close-up 1
Third place 10.  Sue close-up 2
Fourth spot  2.  Sue in the surf

Not that I'm hopelessly devoted.

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Elimination round. Closing date 31st Oct

Legsfan
My favourite is 5 - Gill's puff
My runner-up is 7 - Portsmouth piggy-back

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Elimination round. Closing date 31st Oct

Everything'sRosie
My final decision:
Winner
1 Rosie in Jaws
Runner up
5 Gill in Spinning Rock Boogie

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Elimination round. Closing date 31st Oct

No rush at the moment, probably at least 2 weeks. I'll stick a date up soon. It'll roughly be when I start the 1978 vote. I'll say at least 22/11 maybe later.

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Elimination round. Closing date 31st Oct

AC/PD
      Favourite : 9  Gill's close-up - December '63
2nd Favourite : 7 Gill gives Pauline a piggyback - Portsmouth

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Time to pick the best, VOTE NOW!

My Favourite routine must go to No: 10, December 63, Sue close up.

The Runner up will go to No: 3, Patti with Sue & Lulu in side to side view.

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Time to pick the best, VOTE NOW!

Doc
Interesting start, 3 are level at the top!

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Time to pick the best, VOTE NOW!

Here goes then. Taking into account what we are actually being asked to vote for, a champagne moment, i had better not then go confusing that with personnel favourite moments or iconic moments. With that in mind my first choice is a bit of a no-brainer as far as im concerned. Not only the dancers but also the cameraman plays a bit of a blinder at the culmination of the high octane `Maid In Heaven`, in which he captures Sue all puffed out, abs going ten to the dozen. Im sure if the camera panned down the line the other five girls would be in the process of high exhalation. So its Number 6 for my first choice.

For runner-up, i will go with Gill in 'December 63'. I always thought she was amply built for hip wiggling and shaking that thang ! So its the Pink Christmas Fairy Gill, Number 9.

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Time to pick the best, VOTE NOW!

Doc
7 voters so far:
P4PM, SF, LF, ER, ACPD, S4E, Ryan

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Time to pick the best, VOTE NOW!

Doc
I'm going for 9 then 10.

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Time to pick the best, VOTE NOW!

Doc
We currently have two tied for first place.

Re: 1976 Champagne Moments - Time to pick the best, VOTE NOW!

The Rubberband Man
Favourite: 4. Rock In Me - Lulu disappears in the fog (solo)
Runner Up: 3. Patti with Sue and Lulu in lovely side view at about 45secs into Rock n Me with the I Ain't Superstitious snippet