1978 CM - Top 6 video now available.

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

PattiforPM
Faves:            2  +  12

Runners Up:   17  +  19

Third Placers:  22  +  27

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

I better finish off the scoring spreadsheet!
There's some in the first 12 that I will certainly be voting for. 1978 has some really high quality moments.
Three have received two votes, two of which are the currently leading.

(After some thought I've decided to keep the 'Ted Rogers' scoring system used for 1977).
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

Doc
I think I've worked out my top 6, I'm glad I didn't have to pick just one though!
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

Who's That Hurll
When is the closing date for entries?

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

Doc
Probably a couple of weeks. I'll put a date up soon.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

Who's That Hurll wrote
When is the closing date for entries?
It'll be 1800 Sun 10 November.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

AC/PD
Doc wrote
Who's That Hurll wrote
When is the closing date for entries?
It'll be 1800 Sun 10 November.
Just missed it by 217 years and 12 days.

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

Doc
OK 18:00 or 6pm to you. Plus it was a Monday in 1800.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

Okay for my first choices i will go for Number 5, Lulu & Pauline spooking one another in The Ghost Of Love and Number 17 Rosie transforming into the Amazon girl in the quite excellent Supernature.

For my second choices i will select Number 30, the jacket removal segment in Too Much Heaven and for Number 31 Gill & Floid's 'Bring Me Sunshine' style walk through in Summer Nights.

For my third places i will opt for Number 9, Lulu's facial antics in Lets All Chant and for Number 2, Patti's slow grind in All Right Now.

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

For my second choices i will select Number 30, the jacket removal segment in Too Much Heaven
A nice moment that just missed out on my top 6. I love Lulu's eagerness to remove her top, good girl!

RYAN wrote
Okay for my first choices i will go for Number 5, Lulu & Pauline spooking one another in The Ghost Of Love
A fine Lulu moment!

We currently have a clear leader.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

Top two:
3.  Sue plays hockey
8.  Closing in on Lulu

Two Runner-Ups
12.  Leopard leotards
19.  Sue with that forbidden fruit

Third places
17.  Rosie's transformation
29.  Sue's novel take on the pick-up

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

The Rubberband Man
My votes :-

Faves:

9. Let's All Chant: Lulu concentrating and not realising she's on camera then playing to it at about 2:05.
8. Night Fever: about 1:35 to 1:45 when the camera goes close up on Lulu and then pans back to reveal the whole troupe.

Runners Up:

5. The Ghost Of Love: Lulu and Pauline spooking each other and Lulu doing a double take about 1:00 in.
1. Wishing On A Star: Lulu, Pauline and Rosie appearing from nowhere about 0:45

Third Placers:

7. Night Fever  After about 15secs when the ladies appear for the second time.
23. You Make Me Feel: Lulu, Rosie and Gill leaning back to the beat of the drum.

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

Doc
The contenders are starting to emerge!
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

The Rubberband Man wrote
 9. Let's All Chant: Lulu concentrating and not realising she's on camera then playing to it at about 2:05.
Lulu not realising shes on camera. Not very often you here that phrase ! Of all our dancers she more than any other loved the camera and the whole playing up to it thing. Id suggest the `concentrating look` and how to deploy it was just another weapon of her armory.

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

Everything'sRosie
It's a real chore, but I'm going to have to watch them all again.

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

Everything'sRosie
 Tops
 9)  Lulu in Let's All Chant
11) Rosie in YTOTIW

 Runners-Up
 8) Lulu in Night Fever
12) Rosie in Dancing In The City

 Thirds
18) Rosie/Gill in Supernature
19) Sue in Supernature

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

Doc
I think I'm going to vote for all of the current top 4, now in which order!
One of my candidates doesn't have a vote yet, which surprises me!
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

Doc
6 votes so far.

Voted: Supa, P4PM, Ryan, SF, TRBM, ER

Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

Who's That Hurll
First picks  17.  From Professor Hetherington to Jungle Jane and 28. Sue getting Racey with Richard.

Second picks: A Lulu close-up double - 9. Let's All Chant and 8. Night Fever.

Third picks :  Zapping in at 5. The Ghost of Love and striding in at 22. Kiss You All Over.

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

Favourites
7 - Night Fever re-appear
12 - Doc's avatar in Dancing in the City
Runners Up
10 - Patti solo in More Than A Woman
17 - Rosie's Supernature
Third Places
21 - Kiss You All Over head spin by Rosie
27 - Patti's Grease bit that was chopped off by UK Gold