1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

1978 Champagne Moment Poll.

What you need to do is pick from the 31 moments nominated:

Two Favourites
Two Runners Up
Two Third places

That's 6 in all. The positions all score differently in the poll.

Closes 1800 Sun 10 November.

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

1. Wishing On A Star: Lulu, Pauline and Rosie appearing from nowhere about 0:45

2. All Right Now: about 1:30 Patti's slow grind with Pauline and Lulu leaning way way back.

3. All Right Now: Sue's mini solo about 1:40

4. Rumour Has It: Sue and Rosie playing the Miss Mop character at the end.

5. The Ghost Of Love: Lulu and Pauline spooking each other and Lulu doing a double take about 1:00 in.

6. Everybody Dance: Patti's mini solo about 0:45.

7. Night Fever  After about 15secs when the ladies appear for the second time.

8. Night Fever: about 1:35 to 1:45 when the camera goes close up on Lulu and then pans back to reveal the whole troupe.

9. Let's All Chant: Lulu concentrating and not realising she's on camera then playing to it at about 2:05.

10. More Than A Woman: Patti's solo about 1:19.

11. You're The One That I Want: Rosie's too shy then meditate my direction moment.

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

12. Dancing In The City: Going down the line with Rosie at the end of the queue then the close up of her a second or so later.

13. The Man With The Child In His Eyes: Sue Mini sitting solo then close up.

14. Boogie Oogie Oogie - listening to headphones with one hand and pushing away with the other

15. Come On Dance  - The Patti "take down" then Sue struggling to take her tracksuit bottoms off

16. Come Back And Finish What You Started - Pauline's extreme close-ups when she's the right way up on the trapeze about 1:25..

17. Supernature: Rosie's transformation into an amazon girl.

18. Supernature¬† Just over 1min  with the Gill and Rosie chest fight followed by Patti, Sue and Lulu high kick

19. Supernature - Sue eats an apple

20. Three Times A Lady  - the trio separating from each other on the piano note which accompanies "And now". About 00:30.

21. Kiss You All Over: The first 15 seconds and ends with Sue biting her lip.

22. Kiss You All Over - the concluding slow walk.

23. You Make Me Feel: Lulu, Rosie and Gill leaning back to the beat of the drum.

24. You Make Me Feel : Panning along the side of the stage, profiling legs.

25. You Make Me Feel: Floid dancing down the line with three pairs of two on either side.

26. Grease: Patti wags her finger at the camera.

27. Grease - Patti climbs up the pot and puts cream on her nose

28. Lay Your Love on Me - Sue picks up Richard

29. Le Freak: Sue's mini solo

30. Too Much Heaven: Synchronised top removal.

31. Summer Nights - Gill & Floid's walk through to camera and that hand behind the head strutting walk they do.

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

Doc
I'm beginning to think that 1978 has some of the best Champagne Moments ever, I'm going to struggle to split several of them they are so good!

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

Everything'sRosie
Good grief, it doesn't get any easier. Some fantastic moments there.

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

PattiForPM
Any chance we could have a whole wall montage as a champion instead of a single winner Doc?

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

Doc
The whole current list of suggestions are now available for perusal. The original list is still open for suggestions until Wednesday.

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

Doc
3 new additions!

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

Doc
Following a flurry of late activity on the 1978 suggestions there will be a number of new ones added before the start of the voting.

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

Doc
The contenders are now all in place.

What you now need to do is pick:

Two Favourites
Two Runners Up
Two Third places

That's 6 in all. The positions all score differently in the poll.

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

Doc
Just realised I've forgotten numbers.

OK, they are there now.

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

Old Grey Whistler
I wonder what the odds are on Ryan picking No.25.

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

Doc
Not so good!

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

Doc
Well I've whittled it down to 9 already, now which 3 do I feel guilty about dumping?

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

Everything'sRosie
I've whittled them down to a lean 17

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

Old Grey Whistler wrote
I wonder what the odds are on Ryan picking No.25.

"Well I can't say I agree with the winner of 1978's Champagne moment..."

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

Re: 1978 CM - Coming soon!

Old Grey Whistler wrote
I wonder what the odds are on Ryan picking No.25.
A billion-to-one chance. Who on earth nominated that

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

Must say this is very difficult, still thinking about it. But I must say great moment all round.

Re: 1978 CM - VOTING NOW OPEN!

SuPaLu
My two favs are numbers 8 & 17.
Runners up are 22 & 12.