1980 CM, NOW OPEN. TOP 6 VIDEO NOW AVAILABLE

1980 CM, NOW OPEN. TOP 6 VIDEO NOW AVAILABLE

1980 Champagne Moments Poll.

What you need to do is pick from the 30 moments nominated:

Two Favourites
Two Runners Up
Two Third places

That's 6 in all. The positions all score differently in the poll.

Closes Sun 28th January (evening)

Re: 1980 coming soon

1. Green Onions: Rosie escorting Simes off.

2. Green Onions – Pauline’s Brucie pose.

3. Spirits Having Flown: Sue's multiple spin solo about 1:30.

4. Jazz Carnival: The Kid feeding Rosie a carrot at the start.

5. Jazz Carnival: Sue trying to attack the Kid at the beginning.

6. Jazz Carnival: Gill 'strangling' Rosie.

7. Jazz Carnival:  Sue grabbing Gill's tail at 1.59.

8. Jazz Carnival: Lulu's unsteady giraffe totters around before falling and almost doing the splits.

9. So Lonely: Lulu's mad staring eyes, at the beginning.

10. Together We Are Beautiful: Pauline's Solo

11. Spirit of Radio: The opening sequence where Gill serves Patti a cup of tea in bed and then they both bop along to the song on the transistor.

12. Don't Push It Don't Force It – Lulu, at the start, with that leg kick, that makes her dress ride up too high

13. Don't Push It Don't Force It: Sue beckoning with her hand to the camera.

Re: 1980 coming soon

14. Call Me: The moment Sue does a leap from one side to the other side at 1:25

15. Call Me - The ending to the routine when we see Gill & Patti doing their attempt at a Nutty Boys `Madness` walk whilst stepping over the other girls who are laying prone on the floor.

16. The Groove: It has to be the Lulu crawl on the sofa, particularly the ending of it when she moves her leg to the floor.

17. Lets Go Round Again: The closing walk right to left of our screen.

18. You Gave Me Love – Lulu’s “I was thinking” pose

19. Funkin' For Jamaica: Sue covering herself up about 0:30 then smiling.

20. Use It Up and Wear It Out: Gill shakes at the beginning of the routine.

21. Bankrobber: Lulu holds up the note at around 1.23.

22. Bankrobber - Sue takes a bite out of her gun before tossing it away.

23. It's Still Rock and Roll: Starting about 0:40 with the white wall tyres lyric, through Rosie overdoing the knicker flash, ending with Patti's forward flip.

24. It's Still Rock n Roll To Me: the leapfrog sequence @1.28

25. It's Only Love: Rosie at 1.20 ("I tell myself that it's not real)

26. Casanova: Sue and Rosie wagging their fingers to camera at 1:42.

27. D.I.S.C.O.: Pauline silently abandoning a clearly amused D.L.T. with a wave and a skip towards the rest.

28. Same Old Scene: Forming a train and leaning backwards and forwards then raising their arm.

29. Starting Over (V1): Gill at 1.23 (waving the arms)

30.  (Just Like) Starting Over (18/12/1980) - at the end, where the girls point to the sky and turn to look at the Christmas tree.

31. Please Don't Go: Gill's wonderful closing close-ups

32. Don't Push It - Pauline's fantastic pose at about 55secs

33. Casanova: Lulu's riding lesson

Re: 1980 coming soon

Doc
I think this ones likely to be close. Some good moments but I think the votes will be fairly well spread out.

Re: 1980 coming soon

PattiforPM
OK in I plunge:

Faves:              3 + 12

Runners Up:      16 + 23

Third Placers:    8 + 22

 PS.  Doc I admit to being a bit disappointed not to see Lulu "riding the armchair" in here.  Was it disqualified for some reason?

Re: 1980 coming soon

SuPaLu
Favourites - 12 & 3
Runners Up - 28 & 23
Third Place - 4 & 18

Re: 1980 CM, NOW OPEN.

My two favourite moments:
3.  Spinning Sue
16.  Crawling Lulu
Two runners -up:
13.  Leaping Sue
17.  Walking sextet
Third placers:
6.   Homicidal Gill
22.  Hungry Sue

Re: 1980 coming soon

There's Lulu on the sofa, but I don't remember any other chair related moments.

Re: 1980 coming soon

AC/PD
Doc wrote
There's Lulu on the sofa, but I don't remember any other chair related moments.
Casanova, with a wink and a whip.

Re: 1980 coming soon

Nice to see no.3 doing well. Extraordinarily no one actually nominated it. I added it when I sorted the list and thought how have we all missed that one!

Re: 1980 coming soon

AC/PD
I think you nominated it back in November!

Re: 1980 coming soon

Yes im astounded i missed that one in my nominations. It must just have slipped through the net, as its a moment i rate highly and will almost certainly be in my top four.

Re: 1980 coming soon

I did it when I sorted the list after most people had given their choice.

Re: 1980 coming soon

AC/PD
You marked it down as a selection back in November during the nomination process.

Re: 1980 coming soon

Doc
That's what I said.

Re: 1980 coming soon

PattiforPM
I nominated it too

Re: 1980 coming soon

Mikey
Two Favourites 12 & 20
Two Runners Up 8 & 15
Two Third places 19 & 22

Re: 1980 coming soon

I think I've missed off some of your 1980 list!

Re: 1980 coming soon

PattiforPM
I think so too Doc because Lulu and her whip were in the same post