1981 members individual `averages`

THANKS AS EVER FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS TAKEN PART AND CONTRIBUTED COMMENTS AND SCORE RATINGS. See next post for further info.

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

As in other years, ive produced a list of members yearly Legs & Co averages, this time for 1981. To be eligible for inclusion on this list members need to have score rated all the 44 routines that were on offer. If you want to catch up but are unsure what you have still to comment on, then check this list situated at the top of the 1981 comments thread.

I will move this thread to the 1981 comments section after a while. I will also attend to an all time Legs individual averages list in due course.
Let me know of any cock-ups or score omissions i may have made.

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

Legsfan
Thank's Ryan

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

Wow, I think I've never seen my name at the bottom of such a list before. But 7.68 still isn't too bad an average.

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

8.73, that equals my highest average for a year (1980). As 1980 was better than 1981 I doubt mine will be that high this year. Have you ever been to the west country Legsfan?

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

PattiForPM
****** seems too many letters for Sue

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

Doc wrote
Have you ever been to the west country Legsfan?
Yes I have been to Cornwall a couple of times. Why do you ask?

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

Doc
No reason, just a reference to something (not you). I'm sure Ryan will understand.

Oh okay I just got a bit confused there like I had missed something

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

Doc wrote
I'm sure Ryan will understand.
That's good to know indeed.

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

Whats really ruined 1981's chances of eclipsing 1980 in terms of a better overall average has been the month of October, in which the three on offer have been derisory to say the least. Apart from October its been quite enjoyable with a good mix of routines and the backing dances have just about been okay.

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

VintageVideos wrote
Doc wrote
I'm sure Ryan will understand.
That's good to know indeed.
It certainly is.

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

Legsfan wrote
Oh okay I just got a bit confused there like I had missed something
Don't worry LF I think Doc is referring to a recently absent high-marking OFTDs member from that part of the World

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

Hopefully permanently absent.

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

Legsfan
I get it now. I was actually thinking the same thing, but I can assure you now that I'm top of the chart I'm not going to and I'm not anything like that person.

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

Maybe we should get back on topic now.

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

Whats really ruined 1981's chances of eclipsing 1980 in terms of a better overall average has been the month of October, in which the three on offer have been derisory to say the least. Apart from October its been quite enjoyable with a good mix of routines and the backing dances have just about been okay.
Without going back and checking my impression is of a fairly mixed year, but I suspect that is down to the songs/music the girls were asked to dance to and not their dancing ability.  They were just getting better and better, whereas the sounds were just getting worse and worse!

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

I dont think nobody is questioning their dancing ability and without doubt they were released from TOTPs way before their time, hey i even started a whole thread on that subject back in March of this year.
http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/They-went-to-early-tp4115266.html

As for the music they were asked to perform to in 81, yeah i agree it wasn't up to much. But i suppose it was possible to pick holes in the music quality in all the years. Even in 79, Legs best year i can think of some real duff songs.

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

PattiForPM
A quick count of the challenge facing our heroines shows 1981 offering them 24 backing dances (sometimes hidden deep in the audience), at least 8 medleys, 2 Barry Manilow songs (love him or leave him), Chi Mai, the Birdie Song (twice), Fred Wedlock, 8 repeats and 1 brief tantalizing clip cut two ways.  Overall I think it's amazing that they wrung so much quality out of this year as to entertain us almost as well as they did in the classic year of Disco

Re: 1981 members individual `averages`

AC/PD
PattiForPM wrote
... and 1 brief tantalizing clip cut two ways.
The 'green dress' Stars on 45 temptation, P4PM?
123