23. Possibly Crazy Elephant - Gimme Gimme Good Lovin' 1969

23. Possibly Crazy Elephant - Gimme Gimme Good Lovin' 1969

Possibly Crazy Elephant - Gimme Gimme Good Lovin' 1969

Available Evidence
A picture of Thunderclap Newman from June/July 1969 performing with a similar background exists

Re: 23. Unknown Routine 1969

Doc
Evidence trail:
Thunderclap

Re: 23. Unknown Routine 1969

Re: 23. Unknown Routine 1969

Mikey
Interesting only 4 dancers appeared here. Wasn't Ruth absent this year, well some of it anyway?

Re: 23. Unknown Routine 1969

Mikey
Joe Dolan on 7-8-69, similar background but not quite as close as the Thunderclap Newman one

Re: 23. Unknown Routine 1969

Suefan
I don't think Pans were on the 7 August 1969 show.  The pics may be of "Gimme Gimme Good Lovin" with Andi's top now firmly in place.

Re: 23. Unknown Routine 1969

Doc
The available evidence seems to point in that direction!

Re: 23. Unknown Routine 1969

Willoway
Based on the Colby/Ramble interview the Frankie Howerd show filming began around 20th June, for which Ruth was absent and Penny present. So this pic is in line with Ruth not being in the group  around this time, but Penny not making it onto TOTP.

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/F-is-for-Flick-tp4062391p4131801.html

Edit

Actually rereading the article, the above photos indicate three things
1) Ruth was absent early July as a result of her choreography work
2) This was probably the most likely show Penny would have been on TOTP if she had appeared, but she's not there
3) The two male dancers are not on this performance, even though a couple of weeks previously James Ramble said they regularly appeared on the show, which undermines his statement.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: 23. Unknown Routine 1969

Mikey
Heres a similar looking set (using triangles) for Alan Price, possibly from 26-6-69 (i cant find any another listed for around that time). 1969 seems like a particularly difficult year to find much for, although there is another one in the book with a mirrored background. Perhaps Penny was not on TOTP and they only used her for the Frankie Howerd bits?

Something i've only just realised these seem to be one of their standard costumes (as seen in Bucket T and others) but with the centre piece finally removed.

Re: 23. Unknown Routine 1969

Willoway
Mikey wrote
 Perhaps Penny was not on TOTP and they only used her for the Frankie Howerd bits?
Certainly looks that way, based on Vin's list there's only a couple of likely dates in mid-69, so looks like they didn't have Penny on TOTP (a shame for Penny).

I think Adrian Le Peltier And Gary Downie sometimes were separate from Pan's People itself, but can't see them lurking in any crowd shots on TOTP.

...is she really going out with him?