36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments. (1979 Closes 30/11)

36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments. (1979 Closes 30/11)

Well 36 years passed on Sunday since Legs and Co performed their last proper routine on TOTP.
To commemorate this sad event can you pick a champagne moment from each of the 5 years (Oct 76 to Oct 81), not your favourite dance, instead a moment that stands out above all others n each year.
It's quite a difficult ask and will need a lot of thought, so no rush.

Before you choose your 5 try and suggest moments that may qualify and then pick from the compiled list.
(Someone may have spotted something you've forgotten).

(If enough get involved we could even have a vote for each year).

Edit: I'll try and keep a list of all the suggestions below this post.
(The moment should be short, preferably no more than 15 seconds).

1976 is now CLOSED to further suggestions.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

1976 suggestions: (Now CLOSED)
1. Gill sounding really nervous when being introduced.
2. Theme From Jaws: Rosie's scared solo at about 1:40
7. Maid In Heaven: Sue out of breath at the end.
13. December 63: Gill's hip wiggling about 1:35 to 1:50.
12. December 63: Sue close up 0:45 to 0:51
14. December 63: Sue close up 2:45 to 3:00

6. Spinning rock boogie - The light hearted Gill puffing out her cheeks and moping her brow moment
3. Jaws - Sue's ending solo (length: 15 seconds)
5. Rock In Me - Lulu disappears in the fog (solo)
8. Portsmouth - Gill/Pauline piggy back
9. Jungle Rock - Lulu and the show off dancing bear
10. Jungle Rock: Patti having a conversation with a man in a Gorilla costume

4. Patti with Sue and Lulu in lovely side view at about 45secs into Rock n Me with the I Ain't Superstitious snippet
11. The end of  the dressing gowns and doors when we return to the lovely Tony and Jimmy

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

1977 suggestions: NOW CLOSED
1 Car Wash: Sue and Gill sticking their tongues out at the start.
2 Suspicion: Rosie takes off her hat and shakes her hair then flashes her legs. About 1:00.
3 Suspicion - Lulu and Rosie on the lamp post. About 2:00
4 Suspicion: Suspicion the Patti, Sue and Gill section iincluding the wink and the hair-turn just after 2:15
5 New Kid In Town: About 1:50 at the end of Lulu's solo she spins and rests against a door frame.
6 New Kid In Town: Lulu looking sad then eventually running off at the end (length 15 secs).
7 Boogie Nights: The first time the camera cuts to Sue.
8 Chanson d'Amour: Gill's wistful look then kiss to the camera. About 0:30.
9 Chanson d'Amour: Sue looking lost then kiss to the camera. About 1:00.
10 Love Hit Me - Pauline slumped in the corner while Gill waves the towel over her
11 Lonely Boy: about 2:00 in with Rosie looking at Sue.
12 Sir Duke: The bending over then walking away moment.
13 Sir Duke (V1) -  The Rosie / Lulu combination at about 1.46

14 Red Light: Billy Ocean's look towards Rosie.
15 The Shuffle (1st one) - Lulu/Sue's back and forth solo's (16 seconds)
16 Hotel California Rosie enters the Lobby
17 Got to Give It Up V1  The first 7 seconds up to and includng the 1st spin.
18 Roadrunner - stood up dancing at the end
19 Way Down (backing): Sue applauding at the end.
20 Calling Occupants: Patti's high kicks.
21 I believe you - walking through the arches at the end
22 Dance Dance Dance: Going into formation for 'Rumba and Tango, Latin Hustle too'.
23 Egyptian Reggae: Unrolling the carpet.
24 Egyptian Reggae: Pauline watching Rosie charm the snake.
25 Love's Unkind: Lulu's crush on my best friend moment.
26 Sir Duke Xmas: Santa Floid kissing the girls ending with Lulu sticking her tongue out at him 1:28 to 1:37

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

1978 suggestions. NOW CLOSED
Wishing On A Star: Lulu, Pauline and Rosie appearing from nowhere about 0:45
All Right Now  "Slow, don't go so fast"  about 1:30 Patti's slow grind with Pauline and Lulu leaning way way back.
All Right Now: Sue's mini solo about 1:40
Rumour Has It: Sue and Rosie playing the Miss Mop character at the end.
The Ghost Of Love: Lulu and Pauline spooking each other and Lulu doing a double take about 1:00 in.
Everybody Dance: Patti's mini solo about 0:45.
Night Fever  After about 15secs when the ladies appear for the second time and you realise it's not just a dream
Night Fever: about 1:35 to 1:45 when the camera goes close up on Lulu.
Let's All Chant: Lulu not realising she's on camera then playing to it at about 2:05.
More Than A Woman: Patti's solo about 1:19.
You're The One That I Want: Rosie's too shy then meditate my direction moment.
Dancing In The City: Going down the line with Rosie at the end of the queue then the close up of her a second or so later about 1:30-1:45.
The Man With The Child In His Eyes: Sue Mini sitting solo then close up.
# Boogie Oogie Oogie - listening to headphones with one hand and pushing away with the other
Come on Dance All right I admit it, the Patti "take down" at about 37.1seconds
Come On Dance  - Sue struggling to take her tracksuit bottoms off.
Come Back And Finish What You Started - Pauline's extreme close-ups when she's the right way up on the trapeze about 1:25..
Supernature: Rosie's transformation into an amazon girl.
Supernature  Just over the 1min mark (that's just over 20 cavegirl seconds) with the Gill and Rosie chest fight followed by Patti, Sue and Lulu high kick  Now includes Sue's arm dance!
Supernature - Sue eats an apple
Three Times A Lady (Version 1) - the trio separating from each other on the piano note which accompanies "And now". About 00:30.
Kiss You All Over: Sue biting her lip.
Kiss You All Over - the concluding slow and deliberate walk from them all.
# You Make Me Feel - Lulu, Rosie and Gill leaning back to the beat of the drum ;
#  You Make Me Feel -panning along the side of the stage, profiling (let's face it) those lovely legs ;
#  You Make Me Feel: Floid dancing down the line with three pairs of two on either side.
Grease - Patti ducking back behind the pot with a teasing finger-wagging warning
Grease - Patti climbs up the pot and puts cream on her nose
Lay Your Love on Me - Sue picks up Richard
Le Freak: Sue's mini solo.
Too Much Heaven: Synchronised top removal.
Summer Nights - Gill & Floid's walk through to camera and that hand behind the head strutting walk they do.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

1979 suggestions: CLOSING 30/11
Heart of Glass: Close up of Moody Rosie about 1:10.
Tragedy; Shooting Rosie.
I Want Your Love: Group writhing session about 1:40.
Sunday Girl: Patti's Key.
Hot Stuff: Sue and Lulu go from leaning forward to leaning back shimmying all the time at about 1:10.
Bad Girls: Bad girl Lulu at about 2:05.
Born To Be Alive: About 1:20 Lulu standing around looking innocent then bursting into dance.
After The Love Has Gone: Patti lying on the decking looking extremely hot at about 1:35-1:45.

Born To Be Alive -  Sue does a headstand, falls over and crawls off stage
Some Girls - Rosie mouthing the words to the song.
YMCA - The big reveal at the end!
Cool Meditation  - the end Toes
Tragedy  Patti's perfect face early on
Tragedy:  Sue's perfect chair V at about 1min.
Supernature  Just over the 1min mark (that's just over 20 cavegirl seconds) with the Gill and Rosie chest fight followed by Patti, Sue and Lulu high kick
Cool Meditation  - the end Toes
Lost in Music  Perfect Pauline and how she treats those bars at about 1:20
Strut Your Funky Stuff  Lulu and pure joy just over a minute in
One Nation Under A Groove - Patti performing those four close-up pelvic trusts to camera just after the half-way stage. About 1:45.
Strut Your Funky Stuff - The camera magnet that was Lulu was simply on fire in this. Im selecting the last few seconds of the routine when she pulls a face at said camera.
Them Heavy People - The 7 second section around half way where Patti gets sandwiched between Lulu & Rosie and Patti's subsequent high kick and head rolling look to camera. About 1:30.

Say When - Patti counts to 10 on one hand
Rise - Rosie kneels by the statue
Morning dance - Sues solo
If i said you had a beautful body - Lulus cute look to camera at about 2.20

Lulu mouthing Hot Stuff in Hot Stuff
Lulu being a punk by sticking her tonge out at the start of Silly Thing
The Sue / Lulu handshake in Ain’t No Stoppin’ Us Now

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

1980 suggestions: OPEN
Green Onions: Rosie escorting Simes off.
Jazz Carnival: Gill 'strangling' Rosie.
Funkin' For Jamaica: Sue covering herself up about 0:30.
It's Still Rock and Roll: Starting about 0:40 with the white wall tyres lyric, through Rosie overdoing the knicker flash, ending with Patti's forward flip.

Jazz Carnival - Lulu's unsteady giraffe totters around before falling and almost doing the splits.
Bankrobber - Sue takes a bite out of her gun before tossing it away.
Green Onions – Pauline’s Brucie pose
Don't Push It Don't Force It – Lulu, at the start, with that leg kick, that makes her dress ride up too high
You Gave Me Love – Lulu’s “I was thinking” pose
D.I.S.C.O. - 'Audience member' Pauline silently abandoning a clearly amused D.L.T. with a wave and a skip towards the rest of the Legs on the dance floor.

Lets Go Round Again - A long time favourite scene of mine, but i really like the closing walk right to left of our screen with the girls giving us those long lingering looks as if to say `Come join us boys`. This section is also topped of nicely by the nodding appreciation approval from Peter Powell. Well worth a watch.

Call Me - The ending to the routine when we see Gill & Patti doing their attempt at a Nutty Boys `Madness` walk whilst stepping over the other girls who are laying prone on the floor.

The Groove  - It has to be the Lulu crawl on the sofa, particularly the ending of it when she moves her leg to the floor. Might go and give that another watch right now actually.

Same Old Scene - Not the best visuals due to the useless camera graphics, but i really like a short sexy moment in this. Towards the end they form a train holding on to the girl infronts hips. With Sue heading the train she gives us a face of erotic arousal and and the camera then pans down the line to show the others gently rocking back and forth.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

1981 suggestions: OPEN
I Ain't Gonna Stand For This: Gill looking up at Patti and going 'Oh' when she completes the move at about 1:30.
Bermuda Triangle: The eyes closed bit about 0:40.
Ai No Corrida: Rosie's shimmy.
Ai No Corrida: Sue sliding down the slope.
One Day In Your Life V1: The first close up of Rosie.
Hooked On Classics: Doing the robot.
You'll Never Know: Sue dancing through the kelp at about 2:00

Hands Up - Anita's distress at firing her gun.
Enigma, Aint No Stopping – The welcome and quick applause for Anita's debut
Starsound, Stars on 45 - Lulu’s Candy Girl moment (Peter Powell show)
Starsound, Stars on 45 - Rosie’s Through the window  (Peter Powell show)
Starsound, Stars on 45 - Rosie's 'asked a girl what she wanted to be' moment.  (Peter Powell show)
Starsound, Stars on 45 - DLT joins in
Startrax, Startrax Club Disco - Lulu’s Tragedy re-enactment
Startrax, Startrax Club Disco - Gill's dance with her partner
Lobo, Caribbean Disco Show - The girls dancing while holding the huge “Tally me banana” banana above their heads
Ottawan, Hands Up - Lulu’s Angel Face solo

Stray Cat Strut -  Cool cat Patti dispatches Sue from the bin. Sue then intentionally trips over on the stage.

I Aint Gonna Stand For It - The ending to the routine in which we see Patti perform the lithesome back arch and raise her left leg in the air. Dare i suggest it was another horses for courses move and she was certainly best equipped to undertaker that manoeuvre.

Jones Versus Jones -  Pauline's walk to nowhere after being rejected by Sue at around 1.50 mins of the routine.This `over the top` acting just makes me laugh and i consider it worthy of small glass of bubbly.

You'll Never Know - After around 45 seconds we see Rosie & Sue walk back through the seaweed. But its the actual walk, hands on the other girls small of the back and those swinging hips. That kind of walk never disappoints does it.

Slowhand - The first two seconds. What a way to start a routine with Sue looking down on me in such a sexy manner

Sue's grab towards the camera in Hold On Tight at 2.56

Anita's bit in Wordy Rappinghood at 2.41

Gill's "You don't really wanna stop, uh-uh" bit in Don't Stop The Music.

Rosie, Lulu and Sue's bit in I Ain't Gonna Stand For It at 1.39

Gill's crawl in I Ain't Gonna Stand For It at 2.11

Don't Stop the Music - Patti's sneaky pout and thrust (a personal favourite) at about 1:50
Rainy Night in Georgia - Anita sits appealingly on a wet suitcase at about 1:15 (where's Uber when you need it?)
Hold on Tight - The applauded breathless spreadeagled collapse at the end of a truly vigorous dance
Hands Up - Whatever 15sec segment of Lulu's "Angel Face, I Love Your Smile" solo Doc will allow me!

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Everything'sRosie
What an ask!

Literally hundreds to choose from. All seven girls had that indefinable magic to turn a good routine into a great one. It's what made them so special (and adorable).

Nevertheless I shall rise to the challenge, but it might take some time.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Yes this is a mighty ask indeed Doc and id also like to ponder a bit before submitting my six yearly moments. I do however like the idea of say getting a group of these moments and having another round of Nabble polls for each year and a final poll to produce the overall champers moment. But like you say, we need half or dozen or so throughout each year to do that. But we may come to that sometime down the road.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
As we are running out of things to talk about time isn't really a problem. Rather than work out a list of 5, it would work better if to start with everyone could suggest moments that come to mind, then everyone can pick from the compiled lists. That way someone may point out something that had slipped your mind.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Everything'sRosie wrote
Literally hundreds to choose from. All seven girls had that indefinable magic to turn a good routine into a great one. It's what made them so special (and adorable).
A great routine doesn't always have a true stand out moment and a poor routine occasionally does. That's why it's not choosing your favourite routine. You should be able to narrow the list down quite quickly, because if you don't remember anything obvious there probably wasn't one.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
So far I'm finding it easier to spot potential moments in the earlier years.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Mikey
No idea yet, I'm sure some Patti pouts would be in my list .

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
Put your ideas up and I'll add them to list.

Right I've listed a number of great moments above and I'm now struggling. What others can you come up with or do you agree with any I've put up.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Mikey
1976 (no particular order)

Spinning rock boogie - Gill dodges the bullet
Jaws - Sue's ending solo
Rock In Me - Lulu disappears in the fog
Portsmouth - Gill/Pauline piggy back
Jungle Rock - Lulu and the show off dancing bear

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Old Grey Whistler
A few suggestions that have come to mind.

1977 - Love Hit Me - Pauline slumped in the corner while Gill waves the towel over her
1978 - Come On Dance Dance - Sue struggling to take her tracksuit bottoms off.
1979 - Born To Be Alive -  Sue does a headstand, falls over and crawls off stage.
1979 - Some Girls - Rosie mouthing the words to the song.
1980 - Jazz Carnival - Lulu's unsteady giraffe totters around before falling and almost doing the splits.
1980 - Bankrobber - Sue takes a bite out of her gun before tossing it away.
1981 - Hands Up - Anita's distress at firing her gun.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

PattiForPM
Good idea this Doc but I'm now deep in thought.....

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

PattiForPM wrote
Good idea this Doc but I'm now deep in thought.....
You're going to go for the key!