36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments. (They're all shut!)

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

I will offer five champagne moments from each year starting with these five from 1976. In no particular order. I will do 1977 tomorrow evening.
The light hearted Gill puffing out her cheeks and moping her brow moment in `Spinning Rock Boogie`.

Sue's quite splendid solo finish to end `The Theme From Jaws`.

The segment around halfway  in `December 63` when we see Gill in full hip wiggling mode.

Sue blowing and a puffing at the climax to `Maid In Heaven`.

Patti having a conversation with a man in a Gorilla costume during `Jungle Rock`.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
I'll add them to list above in a bit. 4 of the events are now on their 2nd mention, so may prove to be popular.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

I think my favourite for 76 is likely to come from that 5.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Roadrunner - stood up dancing at the end
Suspicion - Lulu and Rosie on the lamp post
I believe you - walking through the arches at the end
Chanson D'amour - Pattis chair routine.
The Shuffle (1st one) - Lulu/Sue's back and forth solo's

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

The Rubberband Man
Some more from 1980 :-

Green Onions – Pauline’s Brucie pose
Don't Push It Don't Force It – Lulu, at the start, with that leg kick, that makes her dress ride up too high
You Gave Me Love – Lulu’s “I was thinking” pose

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Legsfan
1979:
YMCA - The big reveal at the end!

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

My five Champagne selections for 1977. Maybe champagne is to stronger word, these are just moments that standout for me during this year. It does appear to be very Lulu top heavy though. Not sure why that is. I just think the girl had that happy knack of being able to capture a moment without really trying to much, a sheer natural if you will.
New Kid In Town. Lulu plays the part so well and im highlighting the end of her solo spot and the bit where she leans against the door frame with a look of innocent vulnerability on her face.

Sir Duke April  A bit naughty this one, but the bending over in unison was surprisingly risque for TOTPs around that time and i think worthy of a glass of bubbly.

Black Betty  Okay, its no secret i consider it a useless routine but it does capture one of the most iconic visions of Legs & Co. The outstretched fist and Lulu putting on her hard face. I suppose all six of the dancers were performing this move, yet the cameraman with the say so from Flick picked out un-threatening Lulu, yet her unsuitability to the role somehow worked.

Egyptian Reggae  The look of sheer amazement on Pauline's face as Rosie charms the snake on a string.

Sir Duke Xmas  It has to be Lulu's leery face put down to the Santa Floid.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
4 already up on the list and I did consider the other but decided to leave it to a Lulu fan.
With the Sir Duke one I actually like the walk away after they've bent over as well, possibly more in fact. The combination is short enough to count as one.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Sir Duke Xmas  It has to be Lulu's leery face put down to the Santa Floid.
I've expanded this to include the whole kissing sequence as it's still only 8 seconds long. I think this one could be a contender!

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Everything'sRosie
     "Asked a girl what she wanted to be"  Stars On 45

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

My five champagne moments for 1978 (though i could name so many more).
Supernature - The five seconds in which Rosie transformed from wacky chemist to sexy Amazon girl. But lets be honest, most of the routine is crammed pack full of champers moments.

The Ghost Of Love - The segment in which Lulu & Pauline exchange the finger flicks culminating in Lulu's double take look to camera.

Summer Nights - Gill & Floid's walk through to camera and that hand behind the head strutting walk they do.

Too Much Heaven - Not everyones cup of tea this routine, but its a long time favourite of mine. I will select the moment they remove their tunic's and sling them over their shoulders to reveal a selection of differing brassieres !

Lovely Day - Okay, it does last for 30 seconds so it may not be allowed, but Rosie's solo section at the end is quite magical. Those legs, WOW !

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

I'm way behind here but my five 1976 moments are not revolutionary:

1.  Patti with Sue and Lulu in lovely side view at about 45secs into Rock n Me with the I Ain't Superstitious snippet

2. Undeniably Sue with heaving Abs in Maid in Heaven

3. I struggled between the Sue and Gill segments of December 1963 but ultimately gave the nod to Gill's cavorting half-time show

4. Sue's solo in Jaws Theme

5. The end of  the dressing gowns and doors when we return to the lovely Tony and Jimmy

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

..on to 1977..wow now I am realising how tough this is...missing out loads of great sequences..

1.  Suspicion the Patti, Sue and Gill section iincluding the wink and the hair-turn just after 2:00

2.  Chanson D'Amour Patti's magical Chair Dance

3.   Got to Give It Up V1  The first 15secs when you realize how those hips are gonna look moving in those Moody Blue dresses

4.  Roadrunner  "OK let's go down Route 128" Yup all that lovely standing action

5.  Hotel California Rosie enters the Lobby

Darn it all you made me miss out the Carpet Cleopatra and the Ow moment but at least someone else already mentioned them

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

OK 1978 and things not getting any easier at all....sorry this one got a bit hot under the collar

1.  All Right Now  "Slow, don't go so fast"  about 1:30 Patti's slow grind with Pauline and Lulu leaning way way back.  It's just plain dangerous!

2.  Night Fever  After about 15secs when the ladies appear for the second time and you realise it's not just a dream

3.  Dancing in the City  Second chorus line up at about 1:30 with all that shimmying and tongue sucking followed by that Rosie look

4.  Come on Dance All right I admit it, the Patti "take down" at about 37.1seconds

5.  Supernature  Just over the 1min mark (that's just over 20 cavegirl seconds) with the Gill and Rosie chest fight followed by Patti, Sue and Lulu high kick

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

PattiforPM
1979!?  Only 5 highlights!? Are you kidding me?

1.  Cool Meditation  - the end Toes

2.   Tragedy  Patti's perfect face early on or Sue's perfect chair V at about 1min.  Do NOT make me choose

3.  Sunday Girl  Patti and the Key to my soul.   My favourite moment in all Legs History

4.  Lost in Music  Perfect Pauline and how she treats those bars at about 1:20

5.  Strut Your Funky Stuff  Lulu and pure joy just over a minute in

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Lovely Day - Okay, it does last for 30 seconds so it may not be allowed, but Rosie's solo section at the end is quite magical. Those legs, WOW !
It's a vey fine bit of Rosie action but as much as I hate to discount anything by that beautiful lady, it is far too long.
I'm trying to keep them under 15 seconds, I've given a bit of leeway to Gill's bit in Dec 63, which is 20 seconds long, because the last 10 seconds are an overlay. Plus it is a very fine moment!

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

PattiForPM wrote
3.  Dancing in the City  Second chorus line up at about 1:30 with all that shimmying and tongue sucking followed by that Rosie look
I had the last bit in there, if you add the line up as well it comes in at 17 seconds so I'll let that in as well. You could ignore Pauline to get it to 15 but I think someone from North London might object.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

PattiForPM wrote
2.   Tragedy  Patti's perfect face early on or Sue's perfect chair V at about 1min.  Do NOT make me choose
I probably will eventually!

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
1976 is now CLOSED to further suggestions and there is now a separate topic for this year.
Suggestions for 1977 to 1981 are still welcome.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc wrote
1976 is now CLOSED to further suggestions and there is now a separate topic for this year.
Id like to finish of my choices for 79 through to 81, which i will do over the next three days before i move on to the elimination round.