36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments. (They're all shut!)

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
No problem, I expect it'll be several weeks before those years go to the elimination rounds. I think we've got just about everything from 76. (Plus doing the screencaps takes ages).
I might also look at doing a compilation video for 76 eventually, which is one reason for trying to cut down the moments.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Mikey
Already a lot for 1978, heres a few more, sorry no Smurfs.

Grease - Patti climbs up the pot and puts cream on her nose
Lay Your Love on Me - Sue picks up Richard
Supernature - Sue eats an apple

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
Lol! Pauline's singing and Rosie's flute playing could definitely qualify.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
I've had to disqualify Patti's solo in Chanson D'Amour as its 37 seconds long. Boos and Hisses no doubt coming from Canada now. Maybe favourite solos could be another topic.

Sue and Lulu's shuffling scrapes through at 16 seconds!

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

My Champagne selections for 1979. Again there are loads i could have chose.
One Nation Under A Groove - Patti performing those four close-up pelvic trusts to camera just after the half-way stage.

Born To Be Alive - The headstand and crawling of the stage by Sue. The little head turn to the right just topped of this splendid little segment perfectly.

Strut Your Funky Stuff - The camera magnet that was Lulu was simply on fire in this. Im selecting the last few seconds of the routine when she pulls a face at said camera.

Sunday Girl - The Patti key dangling shot was another of those iconic scenes and worthy of a glass of Champers.

Them Heavy People - The 7 second section around half way where Patti gets sandwiched between Lulu & Rosie and Patti's subsequent high kick and head rolling look to camera.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Them Heavy People
So many good moments throughout this routine that many don't stand out like they would in other dances.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc wrote
I've had to disqualify Patti's solo in Chanson D'Amour as its 37 seconds long. Boos and Hisses no doubt coming from Canada now
 We can't spare Trudeau yet as he's trying to renegotiate NAFTA with he who shall not be named but it's next on Canada's list of serious grievances Doc.

 Oh and thanks for nominating that Patti section of ONUAG Ryan.  I wanted to do this as well but thought people might think I was a bit too one-tracked

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
I managed not to nominate Rosie in the 76 eliminators, although I can't promise the same for other years.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
There does appear to be a lack of Pauline moments. AC/PD I'm looking in your direction. She's a lovely lady who deserves to be included. It's probably difficult in the early years as she just didn't seem to get the limelight that much but there has to be some more in the later years.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

AC/PD
Pauline's champagne was slow to ferment, not helped by the grapes being positioned in a recessed shady area for the first year  Will peruse the '76 shelf but might end up popping a few corks from five other brands in the process.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

PattiforPM
Clearly Pauline completed an ideal duration secondary fermentation and then the whole Troupe underwent remuage

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

A bit late for 76, but there's still plenty of time for 77 to 81.

Pauline may have been a bit unlucky because in Do You Feel Like We Do, she is clearly running off to do a solo at the end of the routine, which might well have got her a champagne moment if the footage existed.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

AC/PD
One for the Future

1980 : D.I.S.C.O. - 'Audience member' Pauline silently abandoning a clearly amused D.L.T. with a wave and a skip towards the rest of the Legs on the dance floor.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

My five selections for 1980.
Lets Go Round Again - A long time favourite scene of mine, but i really like the closing walk right to left of our screen with the girls giving us those long lingering looks as if to say `Come join us boys`. This section is also topped of nicely by the nodding appreciation approval from Peter Powell. Well worth a watch.

Dont Push It Dont Force It - A very short moment, almost as short as the dress involved, but the commencement of this routine verges on subtle brilliance. The high kick followed by the dress straightening moment is just another example of Lulu getting our attention without really having to try. Just magic !

Call Me - The ending to the routine when we see Gill & Patti doing their attempt at a Nutty Boys `Madness` walk whilst stepping over the other girls who are laying prone on the floor.

The Groove  - It has to be the Lulu crawl on the sofa, particularly the ending of it when she moves her leg to the floor. Might go and give that another watch right now actually.

Same Old Scene - Not the best visuals due to the useless camera graphics, but i really like a short sexy moment in this. Towards the end they form a train holding on to the girl infronts hips. With Sue heading the train she gives us a face of erotic arousal and and the camera then pans down the line to show the others gently rocking back and forth.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Old Grey Whistler
I have one more suggestion if that is okay.

1981 - Stray Cat Strut -  Cool cat Patti dispatches Sue from the bin. Sue then intentionally trips over on the stage.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
I've shortened Got To Give It Up to the first 7 seconds up to and including the 1st spin.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
1977 will close for suggestions Sunday night, 1976 is Closed.
1978-1981 remain open, closing dates will be advised later.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc i will be submitting my five 1981 nominations this evening and turn my attention to the 1976 elimination thread choices tomorrow evening.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Here's 1980 and very tough it was; seemed to be a lot of classic Lulu but I only chose one of them, such was the competition:

1.   Please Don't Go  - Wuthering Gill's wonderful closing close-ups

2.  Spirits Having Flown - Devastating Category 6 Hurricane Sue

3.  Don't Push It - Pauline's fantastic "RemoteControl" pose at about 55secs

4.  Casanova - Lulu's compelling riding lesson

5.  Still Rock N Roll - Sue and Rosie and the White Wall Tires action at about 40secs

  ..so many left on the cutting room floor