36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments. (They're all shut!)

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
PattiForPM wrote
5.  Still Rock N Roll - Sue and Rosie and the White Wall Tires action at about 40secs
You'll be delighted to know that we can go right up to Patti's close up following her acrobatics as it all just sneaks in under 15 seconds!
I'm trying to think of the correct name for that piece of acrobatics, it's not a cartwheel as that's sideways. I think a combination of them is tumbling.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

PattiforPM
Hey thanks Doc

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
I'd already suggested Rosie's extravagant knicker flashing, so I've combined the two. It's a rather fine 15 seconds.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

My five moments for 1981. Again some of these are worthy of champagne and some are moments that i always look out for and enjoy.
Ai No Corida - Slam dunk suggestion if i ever saw one. Sue sliding backwards on her back. Im sure you know the moment in question !

I Aint Gonna Stand For It - The ending to the routine in which we see Patti perform the lithesome back arch and raise her left leg in the air. Dare i suggest it was another horses for courses move and she was certainly best equipped to undertaker that manoeuvre.

Jones Versus Jones -  Pauline's walk to nowhere after being rejected by Sue at around 1.50 mins of the routine.This `over the top` acting just makes me laugh and i consider it worthy of small glass of bubbly.

You'll Never Know - After around 45 seconds we see Rosie & Sue walk back through the seaweed. But its the actual walk, hands on the other girls small of the back and those swinging hips. That kind of walk never disappoints does it.

Slowhand - The first two seconds. What a way to start a routine with Sue looking down on me in such a sexy manner.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Slowhand - The first two seconds. What a way to start a routine with Sue looking down on me in such a sexy manner.
Dreams don't start much better than that!

I think there are 4 new ones there.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Ai No Corida - Slam dunk suggestion if i ever saw one. Sue sliding backwards on her back. Im sure you know the moment in question !
That one may well win something!

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Ive really enjoyed working out my five offerings for each year. I decided before i did 1976 that i wouldn't read anybody elses or indeed your suggestions Doc. I didn't want my thought process distracted if you know what i mean. I will now have a read of the others and look with interest how many of my selections match up with other folks.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

My 1981 champagne suggestions are

1. Sue's grab towards the camera in Hold On Tight at 2.56

2. Anita's bit in Wordy Rappinghood at 2.41

3. Gill's "You don't really wanna stop, uh-uh" bit in Don't Stop The Music.

4. Rosie, Lulu and Sue's bit in I Ain't Gonna Stand For It at 1.39

5. Gill's crawl in I Ain't Gonna Stand For It at 2.11

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
Looks like 81 is going to get the most suggestions.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Legsfan
That doesn't surprise me because (in my opinion) 1981 was the best year for Legs!

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Legsfan wrote
That doesn't surprise me because (in my opinion) 1981 was the best year for Legs!
Though collectively as an average, the overall Legs & Co comments score ratings show quite clearly that 1979 is by far the best year with 1981 coming in third.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

PattiforPM
Ok somewhat sadly, but triumphantly too, here is their final year 1981

1.  Don't Stop the Music - Patti's sneaky pout and thrust (a personal favourite) at about 1:50

2.  Ai No Corrida - Yes Sue's heavenly backstroke

3.  Rainy Night in Georgia - Anita sits appealingly on a wet suitcase at about 1:15 (where's Uber when you need it?)

4.  Hold on Tight - The applauded breathless spreadeagled collapse at the end of a truly vigorous dance

5.  Hands Up - Whatever 15sec segment of Lulu's "Angel Face, I Love Your Smile" solo Doc will allow me!

   Some fine moments but I say Go '79ers

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

PattiforPM
Doc, I know the early summary posts by year in this Thread are probably just rough reminders but FYI you have one of my Supernature faves in 1979 instead of 1978

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Old Grey Whistler
One more nomination.

1977 - Sir Duke (V1) -  The Rosie / Lulu combination at about 1.46 (depending on which clip you are watching)

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
You must have a long intro on yours.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
1977's now closed to further suggestions.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Hello Doc, I wasn't aware that the 1977 nominations would be closed before 1976 had been voted on. Please can you add Sue and Lulu's tete-a-tete to the list (including turning to the camera for the 'Ra da da da da' bit). My apologies for any inconvenience caused. Feel free to use this screencap, to save time.

P.S. I must say I'm surprised Lulu's Ram Jam fist pump wasn't nominated (although Ryan did mention it). I thought there would be a mass of Luluites promoting it's cause.

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
1978 will close 15th November, no late entries!

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Who's That Hurll wrote
P.S. I must say I'm surprised Lulu's Ram Jam fist pump wasn't nominated (although Ryan did mention it). I thought there would be a mass of Luluites promoting it's cause.
Ryan did nominate Lulu's fist bump from "Black Betty". Why is it not on the list now Doc?

Re: 36 years since we got the bird! 5 years of champagne moments.

Doc
Incompetence!