40th 01/09/77: Silver Lady

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj9ktffkstQ

SUMMARY: Quite possibly one of Flick's best bits of choreography!

CHAMPAGNE: The whole lot, it's one of my all time favourites.

SPOTTED:  I think we all saw Gill struggling with her outfit.

NEW NO.1
Elvis Presley - Way Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gXE31kppZQ

It probably won't ever be considered one of his classics, but it was still a fitting tribute to the man.

Legs and Co got an extra work out this week dancing to the No.1, although Gill and Pauline are hidden for most of the routine. But as we get Sue centre screen the whole time I don't think anyone is complaining. Certainly not the two guys in white shirts at the front who's reaction is probably similar to how most of the OFTD members would have reacted had they been in the same position.

 I think Sue applauding as soon as the song ended is a champagne moment in itself, however the guy in the white shirt is so transfixed that it takes him several seconds to follow her lead (lucky boy!).

Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 01/09/77: Silver Lady

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Gold star for these silver ladies

CHAMPAGNE: A sip every time there's a sexy hip wiggle - this drinking game does require more than one bottle

SPOTTED: Pauline and Gill's skirts get tangled together @ 0:24

Re: 40th 01/09/77: Silver Lady

SUMMARY: The song and routine are really very good. But i do find it a bit of a shame they didn't restart it and do it again. Gill's performance is obviously distracted by the 21 seconds from when she first thumbled with the back of her neck fastening to actually fixing the problem. The last minute of the routine she is all over the place compared to the other three.

CHAMPAGNE: The outfits alone are worth the Champagne.

SPOTTED: The look Gill gives Sue during the `refastening`. A look as if to say "yep if it has to happen to anyone, it will happen to me" !

NEW NO.1  Yeah the guy in shirt is a lucky lad indeed. No wonder he spends the whole of it with a huge grin on his face, i think id do the same.

Re: 40th 01/09/77: Silver Lady

SUMMARY: A routine perfect for light entertainment.

CHAMPAGNE: The hip shaking.

SPOTTED: I thought Gill was just having an off week, but it was because she had to fix her top.
SPOTTED II: No Rosie or Lulu

New No.1: The song isn't that bad, however, I don't like this version of the routine. Version 1 was the best.
Don't worry I'm still here!

Re: 40th 01/09/77: Silver Lady

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Silver is apparently the finest conducter of electricity known, and this sizzling performance proves the point.

CHAMPAGNE: Those thrusting midriffs do catch the eye!

SPOTTED: Gill is wearing a sovereign ring on her right hand.

NEW No.1: It's not bad but apparently was doing nothing until The King played the killer card. A cynic might say a number one by default, still, it's miles better than Angelo which made it to the top legitimately.

Re: 40th 01/09/77: Silver Lady

Doc wrote
CHAMPAGNE: The whole lot, it's one of my all time favourites.
This 'butter wouldn't melt' moment from Pauline seems to stand out
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 01/09/77: Silver Lady

SUMMARY: A fantastic performance from our four Silver Ladies in those lovely outfits, i have to say i really do like the song too.

CHAMPAGNE: Those outfits and Gill, she may have been having a bad day but still manages to stay composed and look beautiful, a true professional even after only 10 months as a TOTP's dancer.

SPOTTED: Nothing that hasn't been mentioned already.

New No.1: I've always liked this one, and after he passed away it was a knocking bet that it would reach number one.

Re: 40th 01/09/77: Silver Lady

SUMMARY: Nobody had ever looked this adorable in Indiana before!

CHAMPAGNE:¬† Every second.  It is one of my two all time favs.

SPOTTED:  Four was the ideal number in this instance.

Re: 40th 01/09/77: Silver Lady

Doc
Agreed x 3
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 01/09/77: Silver Lady

SUMMARY:  I'm suffering happily and incurably from Silver Netting Pelvic Vertigo

CHAMPAGNE:  That Back Street Walker section

SPOTTED:  Too dizzy to notice

NEW NO.1;  Middling regal effort

Re: 40th 01/09/77: Silver Lady

Doc
PattiForPM wrote
SUMMARY:  I'm suffering happily and incurably from Sliver Netting Pelvic Vertigo
That's not you in the crowd for Way Down is it as he seems to be suffering happily and incurably?
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 01/09/77: Silver Lady

PattiforPM
Sadly not Doc but I certainly wish it was

Re: 40th 01/09/77: Silver Lady

Doc
Of course it isn't you'd be staring at Patti not Sue.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 01/09/77: Silver Lady

PattiforPM
In your last pic I keep thinking his line of sight is a little Hammondwards though...

Re: 40th 01/09/77: Silver Lady

Suefan
PattiForPM wrote
In your last pic I keep thinking his line of sight is a little Hammondwards though...
A clear case of Strabismus!
Suefan