40th 01/12/77: Getting Ready For Love

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZcsC-UB5VQ

SUMMARY: The tables they danced on were huge. They must have cost a bit! Another low score from the not easy to please OFTDs taskmasters.

CHAMPAGNE: Nice throughout but nothing that really stands out.

SPOTTED:
The good old Post Office telephone available in any colour as long as it was black or cream. If you were rich you might have been able to afford a 'trimphone'.

NEW NO.1
Wings - Mull of Kintyre

Here's a nice picture of the location as you probably don't want to hear the song again.

Re: 40th 01/12/77: Getting Ready For Love

SUMMARY: The third of nine Legs & Co routines in which we see them remove clothing during a routine.

CHAMPAGNE: No stand-out moments, but they would have made Buzby happy with a phone call !

SPOTTED: Weak garment chuck from Pauline. It landed on Rosie's chair about 2 feet away.

NEW NO.1 Bored of it after about a week.

Re: 40th 01/12/77: Getting Ready For Love

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Dance sequence based entirely on the first line of Diana's song.

CHAMPAGNE: Happy Lulu singalongs

SPOTTED: Rosie pushing the phone across the table at the beginning of the routine in an audacious kind of way - the handset nearly falls off.

Re: 40th 01/12/77: Getting Ready For Love

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Waiting by the telephone hoping it will ring, hey kids, that's sooo 70s.

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie looking utterly scrumptious at the beginning.

SPOTTED: Nothing I can see. Went well.

NEW No.1: Dull dull dull. Always hated it. The song, not the place, that is.

Re: 40th 01/12/77: Getting Ready For Love

AC/PD
SUMMARY: Christmas Tape dance skit by the Swap Shop telephone operators (I never did get through)

CHAMPAGNE: Getting up from the chairs to the tables when 'Getting Ready...'
                     Wouldn't mind taking a sip from ER's glass either.

SPOTTED: The shadowy figure bottom left, moving about at the start of the 2nd chorus in the split-screen shot.
                Also in the same shot, the crew member inexplicably moving away from proceedings.

NEW No.1: Well, it's certainly melodic.

Re: 40th 01/12/77: Getting Ready For Love

SUMMARY: Interesting interpretation of a really ordinary song

CHAMPAGNE: I have to agree with the growing Rosie smoulder admiration brigade

SPOTTED:  No telephones were kicked in the making of this performance

NEW NO.1: How can you not like bagpipes for God's sake?

Re: 40th 01/12/77: Getting Ready For Love

Good to see the chairs were fixed to the floor. Note Gill, (no stranger to clumsiness) boot her chair quite hard at 0.49mins on Doc's link and makes it wobble at the top.

Re: 40th 01/12/77: Getting Ready For Love

Old Grey Whistler
SUMMARY: If only, call centre's were like this...

CHAMPAGNE: Nothing specific but I enjoyed the desktop dancing.

SPOTTED: Rosie's discarded garment hanging off the front of the stage. The others on the front row fared better.

NEW NO 1: I'm going to buck the trend cos I like it.

Re: 40th 01/12/77: Getting Ready For Love

Suefan
Old Grey Whistler wrote
NEW NO 1: I'm going to buck the trend cos I like it.
So do I, and the drive to reach it from Oban is very entertaining although perhaps not so much today!

Re: 40th 01/12/77: Getting Ready For Love

Doc
It's distance from just about anywhere has rather put me off going.