40th 02/03/78: Fantasy

http://oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=828

SUMMARY: A nice upbeat routine that's doesn't quite hit the real highs. I don't need all of Noel's ingredients for a fantasy though!

CHAMPAGNE: Not this time.

SPOTTED:
1. Something that looks out of place behind Gill's feet when she's on the frame.

2. Silver sashes going inwards on the frame, but going outwards on the floor.
Sue and Patti have ones going top left to bottom right, the others have the reverse.

Re: 40th 02/03/78: Fantasy

AC/PD
SUMMARY: Overt overlays overboard! Still OK though.

CHAMPAGNE: Sunset Sue.

SPOTTED: 'ELO, 'ELO, 'ELO! Where will that set be brought down from?

Re: 40th 02/03/78: Fantasy

SUMMARY:  Fantasy, hmm, hardly my idea of a Dream routine !

CHAMPAGNE: Maybe a glass of Pomagne, but not a drop of Champagne was to be had.

SPOTTED: Mr Contentious here again.  Do i detect Sue momentarily getting her feet in a pickle during her solo at 1.48 mins on Doc's link. I think im being a bit nit-picking (and probably unjustified), but her slight shuffle does look a bit messy.

Re: 40th 02/03/78: Fantasy

Doc
Looks OK to my amateur eyes. One or two of the leg movements that are made during the routine look quite awkward to perform and no doubt require very good balance.

Re: 40th 02/03/78: Fantasy

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Great song from EW&F, that’s matched with a great dance routine, but the concept is lost in post production editing

CHAMPAGE: Throwing shapes on the scaffold

SPOTTED: Patti rejects the popular permed look

Re: 40th 02/03/78: Fantasy

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Fantasy becomes reality as Legs dance to this classic disco track.

CHAMPAGNE:  Goes to Rosie for looking gorgeous throughout.

SPOTTED:  The light filter on the semi-circular back screen changes from Rosie violet to Sue gold for her solo. It's a pity they didn't change the colour to represent the other girls too. Perhaps it was a case of we've only got two filters, so you three better get up on the scaffolding.

Re: 40th 02/03/78: Fantasy

SUMMARY:  A pleasant vista but a little less imaginative than some of my fantasies, sorry Flick

CHAMPAGNE: Poses struck and bubbly Sue solo

SPOTTED: RBM's fantasy flew off the top flight.  Camera lingers a little too long at 1:35 and we see Dancers in relaxation mode

Re: 40th 02/03/78: Fantasy

Gorgeous Daze
SUMMARY: Somewhat short of full potential but still the best return of the scaffold since Liverpool Lou.

CHAMPAGNE: Raised for the sight of the sleek-haired green goddess.

SPOTTED: Why the need for Lulu's empty spot above Gill? Bars would suffice for stability.

Re: 40th 02/03/78: Fantasy

PattiforPM wrote
SPOTTED: RBM's fantasy flew off the top flight.  Camera lingers a little too long at 1:35 and we see Dancers in relaxation mode
Good spot there, Patti a bit too eager to relax!

Re: 40th 02/03/78: Fantasy

SUMMARY: Scaffolding and dance don't mix, even when the bars are bespoke, and this off-the-shelf construct isn't worthy of the girls.

CHAMPAGNE: Gold medal Sue for her tricky little solo.

SPOTTED:  Nothing to add.

Re: 40th 02/03/78: Fantasy

SUMMARY: A decent routine to a great disco track, but spoiled a little by all the overlays.

CHAMPAGNE: Sue's solo.

SPOTTED: Nothing this time.