40th 03/08/78: Don't Stop Now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGthiTJuFn4

COMMENT: The director certainly used his whole armoury here to liven Gene up. Not many warrant Legs and Co in possibly their sexiest ever outfits.

CHAMPAGNE: The Night Fever outfits getting a 2nd use!

OTHER LIKES:
DLT crediting Legs before Gene. The man had his priorities right!

SPOTTED:
Completely distracted by 5 beautiful ladies, so if there was anything I didn't see it.

EXTRA:
This is a rather unusual TOTP set, can anyone give a reason for it, was it used elsewhere in the show for something more relevant. I can only think the director thought that Gene was so dull he had to throw everything he could at him.

(Only one spotted each allowed for the first 3 days.)

Review (Exp 7 Dec)
TRBM
AC/PD
P4PM
ER

Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 03/08/78: Don't Stop Now

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: An all expense spared performance where the song’s titled “Don’t Stop Now”, but everybody secretly hopes Gene will stop now

CHAMPAGNE: Not worth the trip to the off licence

OTHER LIKES: Saturday Night Fever recycled costumes and the big screen with the close up shots of the girls

SPOTTED: An awkward start to this routine as the camera cuts to everyone standing still, and then there’s a bit of a disorganised shuffle towards Gene before the first big “Wooo”.

Re: 40th 03/08/78: Don't Stop Now

AC/PD
COMMENT: Dry run for the October launch of Larry Grayson's Generation Game with contestant Gene from Somewhere taking part in the 'Sing Like Travolta' round.

CHAMPAGNE: Mr Farrow deserves to buy himself a bottle for being so incredibly lucky in once again being accompanied by Legs & Co. on TOTP.

OTHER LIKES: The additional distraction of the big screen.

SPOTTED: The '50's themed set was used for Darts on the very same show.

Re: 40th 03/08/78: Don't Stop Now

Doc
AC/PD wrote
SPOTTED: The '50's themed set was used for Darts on the very same show.
It's more suited to Dart's style of music. It's not that obvious because it was a lot darker.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 03/08/78: Don't Stop Now

COMMENT: A monumental mismatch between an insipid, visually sparkless Singer and the Hottest Dance Troupe in History in their breathtaking finery

CHAMPAGNE:  Yes but only five glasses and a mug

OTHER LIKES:  No dry ice and no telescopic views this time

SPOTTED:   Is that a massive Crucifix around his neck?  Or is it a Star and is he fixated with this aspiration cos there are stars on the floor too

Re: 40th 03/08/78: Don't Stop Now

Doc
Top comment and very true.
As for the spotted I'm away from the computer for a week so can't check yet. Unless someone else wants to?
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 03/08/78: Don't Stop Now

Everything'sRosie
COMMENT: Handle those roses carefully there's a prick in the bunch.

CHAMPAGNE: Near the beginning when a couple of moves are borrowed from the Night Fever routine.

OTHER LIKES: The big screen is useful for close-ups.

SPOTTED: Thin pickings, Farrow is the consummate entertainer and everything he does is immaculate.
Queens of My Soul