40th 03/11/77: I Believe You

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHDE7OuXx9Q

SUMMARY: Legs and Co can even make wipe clean table cloths look good.

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu's 'follow me' look just over 30 seconds in. I would have chosen the the walk by at the end had they not chosen to blur the picture about 2 seconds too early, damn you director.

SPOTTED:
Just over 50 seconds in when Rosie and Lulu finish dancing together, there's not enough time for them to get into position and they both miss the start of the next move despite running. It's more obvious with Rosie who had to go further.

Whoever glued the gold paper on the arches didn't have much luck getting it to stick judging by the bubbles.

NEW NO.1
Abba - The Name Of The Game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ90ZqH0PWI

Abba at the height of their success.

Re: 40th 03/11/77: I Believe You

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: A chance to get close up to Legs & Co in crystal clear clarity

CHAMPAGNE: As pictured above, Lulu’s flirtatious over the shoulder look as she walks over to her solo spot

SPOTTED: Non-paired earrings

Re: 40th 03/11/77: I Believe You

SUMMARY: Lovelies in Lemon & Lime.

CHAMPAGNE: I Believe You Doc. Its just gotta be that Lulu smile.

SPOTTED: The shoddy camera fade at the end of the routine deprives us viewers of getting a clear shot of the departing Rosie.

Re: 40th 03/11/77: I Believe You

SPOTTED: The shoddy camera fade at the end of the routine deprives us viewers of getting a clear shot of the departing Rosie.
and I'm still disgusted about it.

Re: 40th 03/11/77: I Believe You

SUMMARY: Some fine close ups despite the premature fade in this poised performance.
CHAMPAGNE: All sparkling if not quite the premier cru primarily as those wraps look like they could have come from the tables in canteen!
SPOTTED: Gill's unique placement of her two arm bracelets.

Re: 40th 03/11/77: I Believe You

SUMMARY:  Costume budget that week;  BYO   Cumulative effect; Close to a Million Bucks

CHAMPAGNE:  Patti's eyelid flutter at the end (I know there are lots of other highlights too though!)

SPOTTED: Nothing, but I tried, Believe Me

New #1:  Classy Classic Abba

Re: 40th 03/11/77: I Believe You

Everything'sRosie

SUMMARY:  A little bland, but the magic starts to work on repeat viewings. The over garments are horrid though, should have been discarded.

CHAMPAGNE: When the girls come to the front of the stage for the line: "Blind faith makes me follow you".

SPOTTED: The camera goes to fade just as we were about to get a farewell smile from Rosie. Boo.

NEW NO.1: Classy Abba track, though not one of my personal favourites the Swedish foursome were very much in their pomp back in 77.

Re: 40th 03/11/77: I Believe You

Of course its not just Rosie fans who feel short changed by the closing departures of the girls in this routine. Fans of Sue also feel a little miffed as she is soon whisked off at the end, leaving Patti, Pauline, Gill & Lulu in positions 2 to 5 to vacate proceedings with ample time to show of those smouldering good looks.

RYAN