40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

Doc

http://www.oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=739

SUMMARY: Wiped by the BBC, but survives thanks to a PVL version and a near complete version on a dancers tape.

CHAMPAGNE: Pauline's hip swaying at the beginning and the end.

SPOTTED: I'm sure we all spotted Rosie's near disasterous banana skin moment!
Whilst the camera doesn't let you see it the beginning appears to be identical to the end.

Re: 40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

SUMMARY: Legs & Co do Stars & Stairs.

CHAMPAGNE: No corks a poppin for me in this.

SPOTTED: Re-The Rosie moment. I wonder how close the incident came to the director saying "Cut, well go again".

Lets face it its very noticeable now we have the technology to play it at will, but i suppose they just decided to let it stay and hope no one spotted it on the Thursday screening back then.

Re: 40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Nice tune, nice set and nice dancing.

CHAMPAGNE: The camera panning down the line to Miss Enthusiastic at the end, bopping and singing along.

SPOTTED: Rosie will be sending us a postcard….. (of how much she enjoyed her trip)

Re: 40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

SUMMARY: Strutting in the Heavens

CHAMPAGNE: I too think the Pauline bookends are best

SPOTTED:  Intense Legs & Co thermals cause havoc among the Stars

Re: 40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

Dancer
SUMMARY: Good routine.  Preferred the Bee Gees version but Candi did have a good attempt.

CHAMPAGNE: The routine was easily identifiable if the sound was mute.

SPOTTED:  One minor error but they were human.

Re: 40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

Doc
Dancer wrote
SPOTTED:  One minor error but they were human.
Hopefully they still are!

Be great if you visited the Legs & Co comments section to leave your considered comments and score ratings Dancer on some of these routines that you have yet to evaluate in that section like this one. Im pleased also to see that you are now able to watch more routines.

Re: 40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

Dancer
I have a lot on DVD but rarely get to view them Ryan.  I have utilised your comments section previously.  It is a case of dipping in when time is of the essence.

Re: 40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

Okay thanks. I must say though, i'd doubt you would have Legs & Co dancing to `Nights On Broadway` on any older DVD, as it really only came into the public domain 3 or 4 years ago.

Re: 40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

SUMMARY: Half a literal routine. They have the night, but not the broadway.

CHAMPAGNE: Pauline's hip bits.

SPOTTED: Well done Rosie for carrying on like nothing had happened.
                Are Legs supposed to look like clouds?

Re: 40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: A gold star routine to a fine track.

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie carrying on regardless of her slip. I bet hardly anyone noticed in 1977!

SPOTTED: Patti manages to get her dangly bits wrapped around her.

Re: 40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

PattiForPM
I have spent a happy 15mins watching Patti's dangly bits ER and I couldn't see them misbehaving much more than anyone else's really, although they are certainly freestyle - can you direct me to a specific moment by any chance?

Haha. You've got me thinking I'm seeing things now P4PM. I was referring to those strap extensions on the dresses, and on one energetic twirl the divine Patti manages to get the things wrapped around her body, though conceding to Newtonian motion physics they soon go back the opposite way. About the minute mark. 54 secs, just looked again.

Re: 40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

PattiForPM
Ah I see the swinging strands performing their simple harmonic motion now ER thanks

Re: 40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

SUMMARY: Not so much a summary on my part but more a surmise.  I wonder if FC had drawn her inspiration for the choice of set, not from Midtown Manhattan in the Big Apple but from Canal Street in the Big Easy, the Crescent City?

Re: 40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

SUMMARY: Full of promise but doesn't quite deliver.

CHAMPAGNE: Similar to what ER has said. The floor was obviously slippery on her podium so Rosie deserves a lot of praise for carrying on as though nothing had happened.

SPOTTED: Nothing really. Strangely I think I preferred this dance before the full routine became available. The ending seems a bit tame.

Re: 40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

SUMMARY: Legs & Co perform to another great disco track written by the Bee Gees, and one we're lucky to be able to view.

CHAMPAGNE: The part where Rosie is dancing while looking directly into the camera, great stuff!

SPOTTED: Just after Rosie steadies herself after her minor tumble, she quickly seems to touch the top of her dress as if to make sure everything is still in place, if it wasn't i guess that would have definitely been a re take!

Re: 40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

Doc
GiLuRo wrote
Whilst it does look like that I think she was just moving her arms to where they should have been. If you look at the others they all have their arms in a similar position.

Re: 40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

PattiForPM
How interesting; I've always thought, as GiLuRo did, that this was a bust-preserving move, but having reluctantly watched a few more times I actually think you might be right Doc and these dresses do not really look vulnerable to a downward slide either

Re: 40th 04/08/77: Nights On Broadway

Doc wrote
GiLuRo wrote
SPOTTED: Just after Rosie steadies herself after her minor tumble, she quickly seems to touch the top of her dress as if to make sure everything is still in place, if it wasn't i guess that would have definitely been a re take!
Whilst it does look like that I think she was just moving her arms to where they should have been. If you look at the others they all have their arms in a similar position.
I agree with Doc. It's coincidental as it's the next move and everyone does it, although I appreciate Rosie may have instinctively wanted to check all was in the right place after what had happened.