40th 05/05/77: Hotel California

Doc

http://www.oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=486

New No.1
Deniece Williams - Free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhbwoE1E1AA

SUMMARY: No wonder guests are tempted in with that hostess!

NEW NO.1:
Disliked it for knocking Abba off the top. Don't mind it now.

WANTED 4 cunningly disguised banditos.
As an optional section does anyone want to guess their Mexican name?

For those that are confused by the disguise they are:
Lulu, Gill
Sue, Pauline

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie's entrance.

SPOTTED:
The return of Patti's dead animal from New Kid In Town.

Re: 40th 05/05/77: Hotel California

The Rubberband Man
NEW NO.1: It’s got soul. Charts in May 1977 are full of classic hits.

SUMMARY: Four amigos vie for the attention of a femme fatale with a Spanish style dance.

CHAMPAGNE: The way the tough hombres nonchalantly exchange sinister and menacing looks to each other.

SPOTTED: Camera on the left hand side gets itself into shot midway through.

Bandito names - We have, Luigi and Gilberto, Paulo and Suegrad.

Re: 40th 05/05/77: Hotel California

SUMMARY: A good argument for not needing a Wall (sorry Boss!)

 WANTED 4;   They'd be El Cuto, La Benghazina, Saywhenina de Belleza and Pelo Rubio Aplastado

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie's eyecatchin' fox-draggin' walk at 2:50ish

SPOTTED: Green sky often seen pre-tornado in them parts!

NEW NO.1:  A really good virtuoso song

Re: 40th 05/05/77: Hotel California

Doc
PattiForPM wrote
WANTED 4;   They'd be El Cuto, La Benghazina, Saywhenina de Belleza and Pelo Rubio Aplastado
Lol!

Re: 40th 05/05/77: Hotel California

Doc
Another one for El Cuto:
Su parte inferior no se ve grasa en los pantalones

Another two, I let you guess who
Hermosa dama de las colonias

Baila como un ángel

Re: 40th 05/05/77: Hotel California

NEW NO.1 - One of the weaker numbers ones of the year, but still worth a listen every now and again.

SUMMARY - No wonder the floor tiling didn't get completed with so many distractions to look at.

SPOTTED - Strange old door that. It opens without the handle turning and shuts all by itself.

CHAMPAGNE - Rosie on that chair with the wind machine set to gentle breeze.

Re: 40th 05/05/77: Hotel California

Everything'sRosie
NEW NO 1: Disliked it at the time but grew to like it when it appeared on the repeats.

SUMMARY: She's got alot of pretty pretty boys, she calls friends. Well, I can't disagree with that.

CHAMPAGNE: Sue's latino nonchalance to camera.

SPOTTED: Rosie has to suppress a smile at 1.20.

Sorry, can't improve on the bandito names already offered. El Cutio being my favourite.

Re: 40th 05/05/77: Hotel California

New No.1: I'd forgot all about that one until i played the link on here.

SUMMARY: 'Then she lit up a candle, and she showed me the way'. Yeah, i wish!

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie's elegance in that long ivory dress.

SPOTTED:  The four girls still look hot even dressed as banditos!

Re: 40th 05/05/77: Hotel California

CoffeeThing

Champagne: Lulu and Sue's looks right at the start as the camera panned down the line. A classic tune as well.

Spotted: How tiny was Lulu!

No 1: Instantly transported back to the hot summer days of the mid-1970s. What a fantastic track. It tears up my emotions and spits me out to a backdrop of Starsky & Hutch, Liverpool winning the European Cup and balmy evenings with the windows wide open and Seaside Specialmon the telly. Nice.
This week, I are be mostly hanging in there

Re: 40th 05/05/77: Hotel California

The Rubberband Man
CoffeeThing wrote
Spotted: How tiny was Lulu!
.... and how thin she is as well

Re: 40th 05/05/77: Hotel California

The Rubberband Man wrote
CoffeeThing wrote
Spotted: How tiny was Lulu!
.... and how thin she is as well
Oh how we all hanker for the figures we had back in 1977 ! Not sure id use the words tiny or thin, im thinking more along the lines of `spectacularly slim`.

It's easy to forget that 3 of them were probably only a year out of school and still growing. I think I might have been thinner than Lulu back then (albeit 5 years younger).

Re: 40th 05/05/77: Hotel California

Everything'sRosie
Me too, I was pitifully thin back then. I was weighed on Bournemouth pier on my 14th birthday and weighed only Six and a half stone. I've more than doubled my weight since then!

Re: 40th 05/05/77: Hotel California

Mikey
NEW NO 1: You're listing to Smooth FM......only kidding its nice

SUMMARY: Aggghhh one of our banditos is missing. Looks like they filmed one of Docs dreams.

CHAMPAGNE: Quite unusual stop/start flow to this piece, but Rosies 'stood in the doorway' moment is probably the highlight

SPOTTED: Ah the old tilting camera is back, i was trying to work out the thing to the right of the stage, another stage maybe?

Re: 40th 05/05/77: Hotel California

Legsfan
NEW NO. 1: Not my cup of tea.

SUMMARY: Who would ever want to leave the Hotel California with these fine ladies!

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie's entrance.

SPOTTED: When large hooped earrings were classy.
Devoted to Pan's People & Legs & Co.