40th 06/01/77: Don't Give Up On Us

Doc
06/01/77

Legs and Co danced to:
David Soul - Don't Give Up On Us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv6f4XPe04U

SUMMARY: A fine dance and one I always enjoy watching.
NEXT WEEKS NO.1: I was a big fan of Starskey and Hutch, so I was always going to like it.
CHAMPAGNE: Realising before it was reshown a few years back that I could remember clearly watching it despite the 35 year gap. (Many others I remembered after seeing them again, but not before).
SPOTTED:
1) About 1:30 Pauline's hair gets in her eyes (a rare occurance) and you can see her flicking her head to return it to it's normal perfection.
2) Some woeful editing at the end, David Soul should have appeared 4 or 5 seconds earlier.

Comments for the following please
SUMMARY: One line comment.
NEXT WEEKS NO.1 As it's this song we'll do it a week early!
CHAMPAGNE: Favorite moment from the routine.
SPOTTED: See anything unusual in the routine?

Re: 40th 06/01/77: Don't Give Up On Us

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: An elegant and graceful interpretation with the addition of the lace up at the front dresses – all good.

NEXT WEEKS NO.1 1977 was not a good year for No.1’s, this song overstays its time at the top spot (and I always preferred Paul Michael Glaser).

CHAMPAGNE: Gill’s early rise, turn and smile at the start of the routine.

SPOTTED: Very high stiletto heals.

Re: 40th 06/01/77: Don't Give Up On Us

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Rhapsody in blue

NEXT WEEK'S No. 1: Soppy considering Soul was the Saturday night action guy of the time, but it's okay.

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie's long look into the camera.

SPOTTED: Patti's wedding ring.

Re: 40th 06/01/77: Don't Give Up On Us

SUMMARY: A pleasing dance routine, things look good for 77 !

NEXT WEEKS NO.1 It was one of those records that back then you knew would be number 1 as soon as you first heard it.

CHAMPAGNE: No real stand-out moments, and the first 97% of it was pretty much faultless. But that ending

SPOTTED: Gill `opens` this routine laying on her back with her head tilted back so shes looking at the camera. In 8 months time she will `end` a routine in exactly the same way. (both routines introduced by Kid Jensen i might add).

Re: 40th 06/01/77: Don't Give Up On Us

Gorgeous Daze
SUMMARY: Graceful in melancholy blue.

NEXT WEEK'S NO.1: Decent ballad and a good yardstick to compare with (just over) 30 years ago when the thespian pin up at No.1 was Nick Berry with Every Loser Wins. 7/10

CHAMPAGNE: Gill's solo round the reclining circle. Patti's close-up commencing the second verse. The dresses.

SPOTTED: At the closing circle of adoration they all go down on elbows apart from Lulu who lies flat.

Re: 40th 06/01/77: Don't Give Up On Us

SUMMARY:  A Sea of Tranquility

NEXT WEEKS NO.1:  Not a bad tune for a TV Cop

CHAMPAGNE:  The acres of lithe limb and grace of motion on show

SPOTTED: Some woeful editing at the end, David Soul should have appeared 4 or 5 seconds later

Re: 40th 06/01/77: Don't Give Up On Us

Gorgeous Daze wrote
SPOTTED: At the closing circle of adoration they all go down on elbows apart from Lulu who lies flat.
Yes, I noticed that. I 'm guessing it was to allow the camera an unobstructed view of the floor to allow David to be overlayed.

Re: 40th 06/01/77: Don't Give Up On Us

Legsfan
Sorry about the late participation. I will definately do it tonight

You're earlier than most!

Re: 40th 06/01/77: Don't Give Up On Us

Legsfan
SUMMARY: A very lovely routine.
NEXT WEEKS NO.1: Sounds like something Legs would dance to in the early days.
CHAMPAGNE: Gill at the beginning.
SPOTTED: All I could see has been spotted already.

Re: 40th 06/01/77: Don't Give Up On Us

Mikey
SUMMARY: Nice start to Legs first full year, which is mostly not Yewtreed, Yowsa!
NEXT WEEKS NO.1 David certainly has a kind of retro sound all of his own especially the follow up, but like the routine i prefer the later two just a bit more
CHAMPAGNE: Gills run at the start in those heel, brave lady
SPOTTED: Yeah the picture at the end should have been done much earlier (or not at all like the general consensus seems to be)

Re: 40th 06/01/77: Don't Give Up On Us

SUMMARY: Very elegant, a great start to the new year.

NEXT WEEKS NO 1: Slushy stuff, but still a good record.

CHAMPAGNE: The beauty of Rosie.

SPOTTED: At 2.19 there's a guy wearing a suit standing beside, and holding, the lighting stand, with someone else behind him.

Re: 40th 06/01/77: Don't Give Up On Us

CoffeeThing
SUMMARY: I love the tune so that boosts the routine for me as well. I do enjoy the ballet orientated dances.
CHAMPAIGNE: Great era, great music, beautiful girls.
SPOTTED: Sue usually has this sultry look on her face when she dances ballet style. I think it has earned her a rather comical nickname elsewhere in the net. It raises my heart rate!

Re: 40th 06/01/77: Don't Give Up On Us

PattiForPM
CoffeeThing wrote
 Sue usually has this sultry look on her face when she dances ballet style. I think it has earned her a rather comical nickname elsewhere in the net
 Maybe I'm being dense CT but I'm not following you here.  Can you say any more? (unless it's rude and from the Dark Net of course!)

Re: 40th 06/01/77: Don't Give Up On Us

She was very good at the sultry look, I like it.

Re: 40th 06/01/77: Don't Give Up On Us

PattiForPM wrote
CoffeeThing wrote
 Sue usually has this sultry look on her face when she dances ballet style. I think it has earned her a rather comical nickname elsewhere in the net
 Maybe I'm being dense CT but I'm not following you here.  Can you say any more? (unless it's rude and from the Dark Net of course!)
No it's far from rude but it is rather cheeky, though they adore her as much as we all do from the sound of it. I happened upon it ages ago and have just had to search to even find it. Not sure I would want to link it here though I'm sure Sue has already seen it, as I assumed had most here.

Re: 40th 06/01/77: Don't Give Up On Us

Dancer
SUMMARY: Lovely routine and the blue fixtures complementing the song.
NEXT WEEKS NO.1: He certainly recorded some slushy stuff.
CHAMPAGNE: Sue's lovely dance/pirouette around the girls as the song speeds up.
SPOTTED: Nothing really.  Just a lovely routine.

Re: 40th 06/01/77: Don't Give Up On Us

SUMMARY: I don't watch this very often but it is not bad at all.
NEXT WEEKS NO 1: It's okay but I wouldn't rush out to buy it.
CHAMPAGNE:  'I nearly lost my head last night'  where Sue ups the tempo.
WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SPOTTED: David Soul gazing adoringly at Legs & Co.