40th 06/04/78: Never Let Her Slip Away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuOPjnhdkbk

SUMMARY: Very pleasant.

CHAMPAGNE: Cork still in.

SPOTTED:  The telegraph pole rather gets in the way later on.

NEW NO.1
So different it had to get to the top.

Brian and Michael - Matchstalk Men and Matchstalk Cats and Dogs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7DCQiiUEb0

Review::
TRBM
ER
RYAN
P4PM
AC/PD
GILURO

Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 06/04/78: Never Let Her Slip Away

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: MOR dance for an MOR song

CHAMPAGNE: Gill’s solo

SPOTTED: Two birds on the telegraph pole…. they may be crows trying to make a long distance caw

#1: Every time I hear this I always think, "He painted kids on the corner of the street that were having a snog" from the Barron Knights version.

Re: 40th 06/04/78: Never Let Her Slip Away

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: It's pleasant enough, but not one my finger instinctively reaches out to the replay button for. Those dresses give it a Pans feel.

CHAMPAGNE:  Gill's solo for me too.

SPOTTED: Lulu, Patti and Rosie are a tad neglected in this one. The screen goes misty at the edges towards the end. Don't know why.

NEW No.1: It's okay, but nothing special.

Re: 40th 06/04/78: Never Let Her Slip Away

SUMMARY:  An easy going routine to an easy going song. Not one i play to often i must admit.

CHAMPAGNE: No real stand-out moments for me in this. Im certainly not one of the `give Gill the champagne for her solo bit'. I thought she had an easy day of it here, a simple solo and sitting on her backside whilst the others finished off the routine.

SPOTTED:  The wet-look floor. `Never Let Her Slip Over` !

Re: 40th 06/04/78: Never Let Her Slip Away

SUMMARY: Like a nice coffee into which someone has poured a little too much sugar (but it's still drinkable)

CHAMPAGNE: The six coffee beans

SPOTTED:  It looks pale brownish but not unattractive

NEW NO.1  Like tap water, good if you're really really thirsty but at any other time you'd want something else

Re: 40th 06/04/78: Never Let Her Slip Away

AC/PD
SUMMARY: Where's Lesley Judd? A Summery tone in need of a patch of grass on which to dance and sit.

CHAMPAGNE: Still in the picnic hamper.

SPOTTED:  The Westerly movement of those clouds.

NEW NO.1 : Sponsored by Hovis.

Re: 40th 06/04/78: Never Let Her Slip Away

SUMMARY: A simple enough but enjoyable routine to a likable song, not sure about those dresses though, was that the fashion back then? I can't help thinking they remind me of 20th century European peasants!

CHAMPAGNE: Nothing outstanding, Gill's solo is quite nice though

SPOTTED: Nothing this time.

New No.1: I have to say i actually like it.