40th 06/07/78: Boogie Oogie Oogie

The only decent version on You Tube has been muted, so here's one from dailymotion instead
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14qd3s

COMMENT: A dance that rated well but one that doesn't stand out for me.

CHAMPAGNE: Not this time.

OTHER LIKES:
Pauline's outfit and Lulu's

SPOTTED:
Rosie, if you look very carefully!
A ground mounted spotlight at the end.

Review: (Exp 4 Dec)
RYAN
SF
P4PM
TRBM
ER
AC/PD
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 06/07/78: Boogie Oogie Oogie

COMMENT: The C&A summer range as modeled by Legs & Co.

CHAMPAGNE: The Sue 1080 spin about a minute into the piece is very eye catching.

OTHER LIKES: Lulu's costumes. I always had a thing for women dressing in nothing but over sized shirts with bare legs.

SPOTTED: Rosie seems to have drawn the short straw and gets rather lost in the shadows at the back.

Re: 40th 06/07/78: Boogie Oogie Oogie

Here is one most definitely not to be muted !

COMMENT:  The routine with the pink pants, both long and hot!

CHAMPAGNE:  Well there is no doubt about it, the appeal of this routine grows for me with each successive watch.  Back in 2013 I rated this as an 8.5 but today it would be a 9.5; only the single camera angle holding back that last half point.  Each dancer deserves one's attention with a variety of different dance moves, the whole routine held together at its core by the super spinning from Sue in those pink pantaloons.

Re: 40th 06/07/78: Boogie Oogie Oogie

AC/PD
Suefan wrote
Here is one most definitely not to be muted !

COMMENT:  The routine with the pink pants, both long and hot!
I prefer the short one(s) !

Re: 40th 06/07/78: Boogie Oogie Oogie

Suefan
AC/PD wrote
Suefan wrote
Here is one most definitely not to be muted !

COMMENT:  The routine with the pink pants, both long and hot!
I prefer the short one(s) !
The hot are the short one(s), but then so are the long !

Re: 40th 06/07/78: Boogie Oogie Oogie

COMMENT: Enjoyable but Non-democratic dance at the disco

CHAMPAGNE: For me it's the slinky highly-split sparkly dress-wearer (yup this non-democracy has a female dictator)

OTHER LIKES:   Sue's balance, Lulu's shirt and Pauline's shorts

SPOTTED: Maybe Gill is behind the screen (just trying to cheer up Doc and his dark sweetheart in her Miss Daisy outfit )

Re: 40th 06/07/78: Boogie Oogie Oogie

Doc
PattiforPM wrote
SPOTTED: Maybe Gill is behind the screen (just trying to cheer up Doc and his dark sweetheart in her Miss Daisy outfit )
A bit more light on Miss Daisy would have cheered me up.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 06/07/78: Boogie Oogie Oogie

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: Legs & Co boogie till they just can’t boogie no more (Gill is the exception to the rule)

CHAMPAGNE:
 Lulu’s “Boy oh boy have I got news for you” moment

OTHER LIKES: Pauline’s boob tube and socks

SPOTTED: The lighting crew getting their moment in the spotlight, by standing next to a spotlight when the camera pulls back.

Re: 40th 06/07/78: Boogie Oogie Oogie

Everything'sRosie
COMMENT: I judged this a bit harshly before, but now (the dance) has grown on me. The record was always amazing though, and after Night Fever this, for me, is the greatest disco track ever.

CHAMPAGNE:  That slinky, clingy cocktail dress adorned by our Miss Hammond is gorgeous, and at the fantasy Sotheby's auction of L&C memorabilia the opening bid will be mine.

OTHER LIKES:  I think disco girl Pauline owns the dance.

SPOTTED:  Dressed for a garden party rather than the night club, Rosie seems to even have eschewed heels in favour of wedges. Though it's hard to tell with her at the back of the stage. This dance needed close-ups!

Re: 40th 06/07/78: Boogie Oogie Oogie

AC/PD
COMMENT: Call up Legs & Co.Tell them to drop everything and come as they are.

CHAMPAGNE: Still being drank by Gill, out on the grass.

OTHER LIKES: The costume variations.
                                    Pauline's got a wiggle on.

IMAGINES: Sue doing the Shake 'n' Vac in that outfit.

SPOTTED: The camera withdrawal ending, similar to that which closes An Everlasting Love.

Re: 40th 06/07/78: Boogie Oogie Oogie

Doc
AC/PD wrote
COMMENT: Call up Legs & Co.Tell them to drop everything and come as they are.
I somehow can't see Sue wearing something like that out of the studio and Pauline would have got a bit chilly if that was her regular day wear!

As for Shake 'n Vac, I see what you mean:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q8inM0gKVo

Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 06/07/78: Boogie Oogie Oogie

Everything'sRosie
...and I've got this image now of Patti doing the housework in a cocktail dress.

 (turns head sideways, a la Jon Thomson in The Fast Show, to imaginary camera..."nice")
Queens of My Soul