40th 06/09/79: If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body

40th 06/09/79: If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7jbPo6gBFA

COMMENT: Ever felt jealous of an overlarge teddy bear?

CHAMPAGNE: I think the spurned guys must have been on sour grapes.

OTHER LIKES:
Patti still smiling when it's all going wrong.

SPOTTED:
In the opening sequence Gill either forgot to smile or was not happy with her partner.

Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 06/09/79: If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body

I class this as one of those routines the girls really hated doing, stuck-on smiles a plenty. Once the routine was in the can as it were, i imagine them to be launching the blessed Teddy Bears across the studio. Though i doubt if Patti would have the strength to after her exertions.

Re: 40th 06/09/79: If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body

I class this as one of those routines the girls really hated doing, stuck-on smiles a plenty.
They probably found it unbearable......

You only need one 'ism' in your life, and that's Luluism

Re: 40th 06/09/79: If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body

COMMENT: A natural Flick backlash to all the crap punters the Legs ladies have had to deal with

CHAMPAGNE: Those lovely plunging white dresses deserve a glass

OTHER LIKES:  The nice turquoise fountain in the background

SPOTTED: Ursus Horribilis Hammondibus misbehaving and who can blame Patti for not wanting to put her hand in his nether region?

Re: 40th 06/09/79: If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body

AC/PD
COMMENT: The envy of Paddington and Goldilocks' three friends, a sedate routine with almost fully compliant dance partners. Those without paws look absolutely dazzling.

CHAMPAGNE: Going down the line plus an extra quaff for Patti whose partner may have been on the champagne.

OTHER LIKES:  Ball-gowns and  hair up.

SPOTTED: Bracelets worn only on the right-hand wrists of each Leg.

Re: 40th 06/09/79: If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: A dance sequence that was no picnic for the bears, despite Flick going for the soft option

CHAMPAGNE: The line up

OTHER LIKES: The white dresses
                        Lulu acting up the “If I swore you were an angel, would you treat me like the devil tonight?” line
                        Patti’s overly snuggly bear (aka Dave Lea Teddy) going for a badly timed fumble

SPOTTED: The couple ignoring Legs & Co have also ignored the bottle of bubbly on their table (or is it Pomagne?)
You only need one 'ism' in your life, and that's Luluism

Re: 40th 06/09/79: If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body

COMMENT: Those outsized partners are more Merrythought than Steiff, but then most Shropshire lads can be a handful.

CHAMPAGNE: Not for these cuddly juvenile giants, but Sue will be serving jars of Manuka honey at the close of proceedings!

Re: 40th 06/09/79: If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body

COMMENT: The girls give it their best shot despite being lumbered with dodgy partners with the dodgiest chat up line going.

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie's smile at her 'partner' going down the line.

OTHER LIKES: The white evening gowns.

SPOTTED: Gill can be seen turning on the smile on more than one occasion.