40th 06/10/77: From Here To Eternity

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RbfFEJXs9M

SUMMARY: Fans of Gill, Patti and Rosie only get silhouettes this week.

CHAMPAGNE: Those silhouettes are surprisingly sexy!

SPOTTED:  I spotted Legs and Co unlike a former member of this forum.

NEW NO.1
David Soul - Silver Lady
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pGN-YYiqXI

After the cracking performance to this by Legs and Co I couldn't fail to like it. Probably his best single.

Strange but true!
The playout track on the show was Leo Sayer - Thunder In My Heart, a song that would eventually go to No.1 in 2006 in a remixed form!
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 06/10/77: From Here To Eternity

SUMMARY: Legs & Co in avant-garde mode.

CHAMPAGNE: The bit just past half way were the sexy silhouettes are lined up and slowly start to shake their erm, shakers.

SPOTTED:  I do differ with our host as Patti does just sneak into shot in the flesh. Though its no such luck with Rosie & Gill.

Re: 40th 06/10/77: From Here To Eternity

SPOTTED:  I do differ with our host as Patti does just sneak into shot in the flesh. Though its no such luck with Rosie & Gill.
I must have been suffering from PBP syndrome.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 06/10/77: From Here To Eternity

PattiforPM
Well I never;  I missed that Patti moment completely first time round.  Just as well we're having a second look at these Dances I say

Re: 40th 06/10/77: From Here To Eternity

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: The visuals catch up with Giorgio Moroder's futuristic sounds.

CHAMPAGNE: That stunning Lulu silhouette just before everything comes to life.

SPOTTED: Tidybeard's Barnet is rather fluffy.

NEW NO.1: Silver Lady is a fine record. But didn't it take its time getting to the top!

Re: 40th 06/10/77: From Here To Eternity

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: An electronic music and choreographic spectacular.

CHAMPAGNE: The opening shot.

SPOTTED: Noel still hoping for a freebie from Hardy Amies by trying to promote the fashion label again

Re: 40th 06/10/77: From Here To Eternity

SUMMARY: Film Noir not made for this fan

CHAMPAGNE: Not a bad vintage but I can't see the bubbles

SPOTTED:  From his closing comments Tidybeard could see the ladies much better than we can

NEW NO.1:  Not a Hutch fan but probably his strongest musical effort and will always recall four lovely dancers

Re: 40th 06/10/77: From Here To Eternity

Doc
PattiForPM wrote
SPOTTED:  From his closing comments Tidybeard could see the ladies much better than we can
I get the feeling he was being sarcastic.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 06/10/77: From Here To Eternity

SUMMARY: Legs at the disco on a Saturday night.

CHAMPAGNE: The brief appearances by Sue and Lulu.

SPOTTED: No Pauline

New No.1: I didn't at first, but I now quite like this song.
Don't worry I'm still here!

Re: 40th 06/10/77: From Here To Eternity

SUMMARY: Legs & Co show how cheerleading should be done.

CHAMPAGNE: The silhouettes are rather sexy!

SPOTTED: Nothing this time.

NEW NO.1: My favourite David Soul record, and what a routine five weeks earlier!