Quantcast

40th 07/04/77: Love Hit Me.

Doc

If possible answer in the sports commentator style!

SUMMARY: These young ladies have rewritten the rule book and then had it shredded, oh yes that is nice to see.

CHAMPAGNE: The lads gave 110% in great all round performance but I'm keeping the bubbly on ice.

SPOTTED: I have to throw in the towel this time!

Re: 40th 07/04/77: Love Hit Me.

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Gooooood eveninnnggggggg Ladiessssss-and-Gen-telllll-men….. it’s about time… and Legs & Co top the Hit Parade boxing to Maxine Nightingale’s new tune.

CHAMPAGNE: That’s Lulu on the ropes, and the crowd's going wild.

SPOTTED: I don’t think that bop on the head from Gill to Pauline is in the Queensberry Rules, know what I mean ‘Arry?

Re: 40th 07/04/77: Love Hit Me.

Doc
The Rubberband Man wrote
SUMMARY: Gooooood eveninnnggggggg Ladiessssss-and-Gen-telllll-men….. it’s about time… and Legs & Co top the Hit Parade boxing to Maxine Nightingale’s new tune.
Let's get ready to rumble!

Re: 40th 07/04/77: Love Hit Me.

Doc wrote
CHAMPAGNE: The lads gave 110% in great all round performance but I'm keeping the bubbly on ice.
Thinking about it I do like Pauline's tired out moment in the corner.

Re: 40th 07/04/77: Love Hit Me.

SUMMARY: Legs & Co roll with the punches.

CHAMPAGNE: Gill towelling off the puffed out Pauline.

SPOTTED: Thinking back, this was the routine i first wondered if Lulu was a left-hander. She delivers all her knockout blows to Pauline, Sue, Rosie & Patti in a southpaw style. The choreography for that section didn't restrict Lulu to using her left only, so she did so instinctively. Of course it was later confirmed by Sue that Lulu was indeed Legs & Co's only left handed member.

Re: 40th 07/04/77: Love Hit Me.

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Let's go down to ringside and your MC Jimmy Lennon Jnr: It's showtime at Shepherd's Bush for this unique multi-fighter Queen of the Ring contest...

CHAMPAGNE: Superb footwork from this sixteen year old sensation, Hetherington. She could make it as a dancer.

SPOTTED: It might be worth the officials checking the ring. Looks poorly sprung to me. We don't want anyone getting hurt etc etc.

Re: 40th 07/04/77: Love Hit Me.

SUMMARY: Six lovely ladies taking part in TOTPs first boxing cage match of all time unless there was a previous one

CHAMPAGNE: Champion Ms Cartwright was narrowly beaten by Ms Clarke in an International contest involving all Britons

SPOTTED: Bottom line was that keen fans might notice that Rosie nearly ran out of room for her nametag

Re: 40th 07/04/77: Love Hit Me.

Mikey
SUMMARY: Plenty of fancy footwork on offer in this 1 round knockout of a routine.

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu's found a new use for the ropes, oh and also the 5 vs Gill, referee!

SPOTTED: Different coloured footwear, but i'm sure that's been mentioned elsewhere

Re: 40th 07/04/77: Love Hit Me.

SUMMARY: A fun and feisty routine, and a knockout performance, our six lovelies really show us what their made of.

CHAMPAGNE: Gill killer punch at Lulu, a bit too close for comfort, any nearer and it would have connected

SPOTTED: Nothing this time.

Re: 40th 07/04/77: Love Hit Me.

SPOTTED: Thinking back, this was the routine i first wondered if Lulu was a left-hander. She delivers all her knockout blows to Pauline, Sue, Rosie & Patti in a southpaw style. The choreography for that section didn't restrict Lulu to using her left only, so she did so instinctively. Of course it was later confirmed by Sue that Lulu was indeed Legs & Co's only left handed member.
And yet in the Hopelessly Devoted To You routine Lulu appears to be filling in her Diary with her right hand, this must have been done so that it looks correct with the other girls who were all obviously right handed.

Re: 40th 07/04/77: Love Hit Me.

Yes GilLuRo that was to conform with the appropriate choreography required for that scene, as it would not have worked with her holding her pencil the her preferred hand.

Re: 40th 07/04/77: Love Hit Me.

PattiForPM
Ahh, the good old days of assimilation not diversity

Re: 40th 07/04/77: Love Hit Me.

Doc
PattiForPM wrote
Ahh, the good old days of assimilation not diversity
Visualizing a very large cube now.
Diversity is irrelevant, self determination is irrelevant!