40th 07/09/78: I Thought It Was You

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jYQ1appPBQ

COMMENT: Legs and Co recreate the power cuts of the early 70's. Dreadful lighting and obstructive scenery ruins any chance this routine had.

CHAMPAGNE: Just No!

OTHER LIKES:
The outfits might have been worthy of further inspection had we been allowed to see them.

SPOTTED:
No chance surely.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 07/09/78: I Thought It Was You

Suefan
COMMENT: Following last weeks eye challenger the lighting director continues in his quest to drum up more business for his optician brother -in-law.

CHAMPAGNE: No champers but Lulu's approaching towards the camera has a definite fizz.

SPOTTED: This routine is a darn sight more stimulating than I had previously considered it.

Re: 40th 07/09/78: I Thought It Was You

Doc
Suefan wrote
SPOTTED: This routine is a darn sight more stimulating than I had previously considered it.
The lighting occasionally offers a taste of what could have been.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 07/09/78: I Thought It Was You

COMMENT: A Michael Hurll dream scene: I thought it was you , but I wasn't sure

CHAMPAGNE:  Coke zero

OTHER LIKES:  Honestly none

SPOTTED:  Remarkable perfect storm;  Musician, choreographer, lighting engineer and cameramen all have the same off day

Re: 40th 07/09/78: I Thought It Was You

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: "I Thought It Was You"…. but it may have been somebody else as it’s so dark it’s difficult to tell.

CHAMPAGNE: Keeping it in the cellar.

OTHER LIKES:  The wind machine.

SPOTTED: You can see it better on a Dailymotion vid that’s in a higher resolution, but @ 0:38 on Doc’s clip, there’s a couple of blokes wandering around on another set in the background oblivious to what’s going on.

Re: 40th 07/09/78: I Thought It Was You

Doc
I think they are stage hands getting it ready for the next act. If you look closely near the start of the routine you can see what is possibly the previous act leaving the stage. I don't have this show to look back at the previous acts, but Dee D Jackson was the last on that was in the studio assuming the filming order was the same as the running order.

Last act?

Boys in white.
Good to see Lloyd back!