40th 08/02/79: Chiquitita

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlVnyO_8E70

COMMENT: A much more sedate affair to follow last weeks success.

CHAMPAGNE: Not this time.

OTHER LIKES:
Not many this time, but I'm glad they didn't tie their hair back that often.

SPOTTED:
No
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 08/02/79: Chiquitita

COMMENT:  My favourite dancers perform to my least favourite Abba track.

CHAMPAGNE: Patti's `Come and have a go if you think your hard enough` stare back to camera very early on in the piece.

OTHER LIKES: I quite like the tied back hair, though i agree i wouldn't like it all the time. I thought Gill with her hair look quite magnificent.

DISLIKE: Not a great deal of Sue in this one.

SPOTTED:  Has there ever been a Legs & Co routine in which none of them properly smiled. I think a couple of them thought about smiling, but im guessing quickly remembered Flick's instruction of "no smiling in this one ladies".

Re: 40th 08/02/79: Chiquitita

Dancer
COMMENT:  Should never have been allowed to dance to this song at all.  It would have been No.1 if we had seen the video.  Lovely routine

CHAMPAGNE: All of it really.

OTHER LIKES: The outfits and peacock feathers down their cleveage.  Certainly looked very chic.  Not sure if they were meant to dance to this.

DISLIKE: No smiling but that obviously went with the lyrics as it is a sad song.

SPOTTED:  Nothing at all.  Still lovely to watch.

Re: 40th 08/02/79: Chiquitita

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: Highly technical choreography from Flick. Sultry looks from the girls. Es fantástico

CHAMPAGNE: Beautiful Gill, right at the very start.

OTHER LIKES: Gill, Rosie and Patti’s pulled back hair.... in the style now known as a Croydon Facelift

SPOTTED: All good

Re: 40th 08/02/79: Chiquitita

AC/PD
COMMENT: The parade of the 'little ones' in and out of the close knit Spanish arches with the occasional preen (symbolised by the peacock feathers)for good company

CHAMPAGNE: A chink of flutes for TRM's choice.

OTHER LIKES: The flavour.
Successful negotiation of steps and timing results in the avoidance of what might have been understandable collisions.
No castanets!

DISLIKES: Sue being by far the shadiest Senorita here.
The abrupt ending.

SPOTTED: The rapidity with which daylight falls in that part of the world.

Re: 40th 08/02/79: Chiquitita

COMMENT: Severe Senoritas in a Folly

CHAMPAGNE: The Unapproachableness of them all

OTHER LIKES:  The plunging backs, left legs and Lulu's hair refusing to submit to the severity

SPOTTED:  Nada de nota

Re: 40th 08/02/79: Chiquitita

Doc
SPOTTED:
Patii's sad that all that waxing did nothing for her hairy chest problem.
(or is it a caption competition?)

Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 08/02/79: Chiquitita

When i look at Patti's hairy chest, it reminds me of a face of a Yorkshire Terrier we once had way back when.

Re: 40th 08/02/79: Chiquitita

<quote author="Doc">
SPOTTED:
Patii's sad that all that waxing did nothing for her hairy chest problem.
(or is it a caption competition?)

I'd never be that ungallant Doc !

Re: 40th 08/02/79: Chiquitita

Glad there's some class and integrity on Planet OFTDs

Re: 40th 08/02/79: Chiquitita

Doc
PattiforPM wrote
Glad there's some class and integrity on Planet OFTDs
I’m still scared by the Yorkshire terrier. I hadn’t noticed that before.
Still living in 1979