40th 09/03/78: I Can't Stand The Rain

http://oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=1309

SUMMARY: An enjoyable routine with some rather wet feet at the end.

CHAMPAGNE: Viewing the new range of transparent rainwear!

SPOTTED:
Keeping the umbrellas spinning consistent proved to be a problem in a number of places, the two that stood out for me were:
About 0:45 Sue's umbrella stops spinning, her hand keeps make the spinning movement but is not on the handle.

About 1:50 Lulu stops spinning her umbrella just as she come into shot and then quickly restarts.

NEW NO.1
I still remember seeing this for the first time on TOTP, at the end my Uncle exclaimed 'what a load of old crap that was' and I thought it was rather odd! Needless to say first impressions are not always right and I really like it these days.

Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyAJ3xi9xRY

Review:
TRBM
ER
RYAN
P4PM
AC/PD
GILURO
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 09/03/78: I Can't Stand The Rain

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Floods of praise for a great routine, where the girls put on a brolly good show.

CHAMPAGNE: Pauline making a splash.

SPOTTED: Pauline keeps the brim of her sou'wester down.

#1: Sublime and beautiful.

Re: 40th 09/03/78: I Can't Stand The Rain

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY:  A Red Weather Warning for heavy rain. The singer professes a dislike for stormy weather but these game lasses rather show a fondness for it.

CHAMPAGNE: Water is the order of the day.

SPOTTED: Cumulus clouds, which actually produce little or no precipitation.

New No.1: I thought it a little shrill the first time I heard it, and then my ears became attuned and my 40 year love affair with Kate's music began.

Re: 40th 09/03/78: I Can't Stand The Rain

SUMMARY: A rainy night in Shepherd's Bush, i believe it's rainin' all over the world.

CHAMPAGNE: No real stand-out moments for me.

SPOTTED: Its been mentioned already, but it has to be Pauline's distinctive way of wearing her rain hat. Certainly no chance of her getting her eyes wet.

Re: 40th 09/03/78: I Can't Stand The Rain

SUMMARY:  Joyful splashing with inadequate coverage

CHAMPAGNE: Diluted a little but still tasty

SPOTTED:   Glasses fogged up sorry

NEW NO.1:  Our first listen but by no means her best

Re: 40th 09/03/78: I Can't Stand The Rain

AC/PD
SUMMARY: All-weather costumes. They CAN stand it - prepared for the rain, yet ready for the sun to emerge.

CHAMPAGNE: Middle-eight close-ups of the six. The undampened Pauline's lean back (and front) at 1:50

SPOTTED: Light-strobing effects catching the brollies. The thoroughly convincing rain-effect.

NO.1: Pretty unique.

Re: 40th 09/03/78: I Can't Stand The Rain

SUMMARY: Our lovely ladies certainly make a splash in this routine, next time we see four of our girls in this pool they're wearing even less!

CHAMPAGNE: Transparent Macs with so little underneath!

SPOTTED: Nothing this time.

New No.1 Nothing much to say other than it being an absolute classic that's stood the test of time.