40th 09/06/77: Show You The Way To Go

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFue-pnVvHw

SUMMARY: Appropriate for the weather outside now (sunny)

CHAMPAGNE: Not this time

SPOTTED: That palm keeps ruining screengrabs!
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 09/06/77: Show You The Way To Go

Legsfan
SUMARRY: This week Legs are on location in the Caribbean.

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie and Gill's handshake smiles.

SPOTTED: Nothing.
Don't worry I'm still here!

Re: 40th 09/06/77: Show You The Way To Go

The Rubberband Man
SUMARRY: Possibly a good routine, but you can't see the dance for the [palm] trees.

CHAMPAGNE: The coming together as one handshakes.

SPOTTED: Someone's skirt (possibly Sue's) falls apart towards the end and it's left in tatters on the floor.

Re: 40th 09/06/77: Show You The Way To Go

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Note to floor-men: Next time put the palm trees at the BACK of the stage!

CHAMPAGNE: I'm another for the Gill and Rosie handshake.

SPOTTED: Sue and Lulu vainly try to find each other's hands, but in the end settle for placing a palm each on Rosie's derriere.

Re: 40th 09/06/77: Show You The Way To Go

SUMMARY:They say blue and green should never be seen. But in this instance that rule is wavered.

CHAMPAGNE: I quite like the bit early on in the piece were Patti & Lulu do that clicking fingers dance infront of each other.

SPOTTED:As TRBM rightly notes, its Sues costume that deteriorates towards the end. If you look closely you see what i can assume is some sort of fixing clasp come flying off (see pic below). Then on the next scene a blue part of Sues costume is lying prone on the ground.

It would have been interesting if the jettisoned piece had come off earlier whether they would have had to re-shoot again, as it may have become a tripping hazard right in the middle of the dance area.

Re: 40th 09/06/77: Show You The Way To Go

SUMMARY: Hard to describe really as visibility is obstructed by palm trees and overdubs.

CHAMPAGNE: Nothing this time.

SPOTTED: Nothing that isn't already mentioned.

Re: 40th 09/06/77: Show You The Way To Go

SUMMARY: Dusk of the Triffids

CHAMPAGNE: Show me you ID... and No, your Horticultural Club Membership is not acceptable

SPOTTED: Those Camera motors must have been red-lining it trying to find a good view

Re: 40th 09/06/77: Show You The Way To Go

Mikey
SUMMARY: Reception called, they asked if they could have their plants back.

CHAMPAGNE: The day to night effect is quite good, if a bit irrelevant.

SPOTTED: Tony bragging about seeing the Osmonds, wow you're so cool Tony.

Re: 40th 09/06/77: Show You The Way To Go

Dancer
SUMMARY: Seemed a rushed job but good.

CHAMPAGNE: Outfits were very good but I am still erring if this was a rushed job or maybe I am obsessing about rushed jobs atm.

SPOTTED: Island Girl fixtures coming out again.

Re: 40th 09/06/77: Show You The Way To Go

SUMMARY: The way to have gone would have been to have dispensed with those plants, both floral and faunal !

CHAMPAGNE: Not in those outfits.

Re: 40th 09/06/77: Show You The Way To Go

Dancer wrote
Fancy a quicky!
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 09/06/77: Show You The Way To Go

Dancer
Goodness me Doc - with you it would have to be (in the words of Jesse Green) - Nice and Slow. :-)