40th 09/08/79: Morning Dance

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpRGlD3WSNo

COMMENT: So that's their names!

CHAMPAGNE: I must have drunk it, it's all a bit fuzzy.

OTHER LIKES:

SPOTTED:  Patti winning the flexibility stakes at the start (pictured)
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 09/08/79: Morning Dance

COMMENT: Good, but very surprising this is in the Legs top 100 (No74).

CHAMPAGNE: The Sue solo, which the boys in VT used in the Xmas day `Some Girls` compilation, though speeded up more.

OTHER LIKES: Sue's double spin at the end of her solo.

Re: 40th 09/08/79: Morning Dance

COMMENT: Sweet, effortless and smile-inducing grace

CHAMPAGNE:  More like a refreshing Mimosa

OTHER LIKES:  Sue, so light on her feet.  Rosie and Pauline, the Birds of Paradise dance.  Oh darn it they are all good

SPOTTED:  My mind has gone blank but I'm happy

Re: 40th 09/08/79: Morning Dance

Doc
I’m surprised you didn’t comment on how flexible Patti was. I think she just about achieved the full 180 degrees with that high kick.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 09/08/79: Morning Dance

mojo2007
As ever Patti makes the kick look effortless , amazing dancer

Re: 40th 09/08/79: Morning Dance

PattiforPM
My bad Doc, I thought maybe I was coming across as biased

Re: 40th 09/08/79: Morning Dance

COMMENT: Its all in the Pink!

CHAMPAGNE: Pink, of course!

Re: 40th 09/08/79: Morning Dance

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: The girls’ names on their tops is a great idea, which is either to let the viewers know who they are, or a ploy to stop the girls swapping their kit and messing up the colour co-ordinator’s colour scheme.

CHAMPAGNE: A breakfast pink grapefruit juice for the solo from the girl in pink

SPOTTED: Gill grabbing Sue by the waist as they back out from their dance – not very often is there any physical contact between the dancers.
You only need one 'ism' in your life, and that's Luluism

Re: 40th 09/08/79: Morning Dance

AC/PD
COMMENT: Rise, shine and shake out the sleep with Marimba waves and slinky flows.

CHAMPAGNE: Mind's made up - with orange juice. The speed of Sue's solo isn't that far off from the cranked clip see in the Some Girls compilation.

OTHER LIKES:  Pauline's hip-wiggle
                        Patti's endearingly infectious cheerfulness.

SPOTTED: The keyed in whiteout.

Re: 40th 09/08/79: Morning Dance

COMMENT: Lovely performance, it's not just all white, it's great!

CHAMPAGNE: Sue's solo.

OTHER LIKES: Rosie and Pauline's little dance together.

SPOTTED: It would have been a nice touch if the dancers could have left the stage and re entered at a different point by walking behind the white screens, instead each dancer re emerges from the point they left, whether that be the front or back of the stage.