40th 10/01/80: Please Don't Go

Doc

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2fe1dh

COMMENT: Gill stealing the show!

CHAMPAGNE:

OTHER LIKES:
A song I've grown to like partly because of this routine.
Harry's reaction.

SPOTTED:
Surely those two girls standing either side of Kid have to be sisters!
The dressmaker's managed to come up with 6 variations for the top half of the leotards. Lulu's appears to have been cut to the very limit of retaining her decency.

A much more upbeat version of the song was finally taken to No.1 in the 90's by KWS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60fqp2rLUR4

Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 10/01/80: Please Don't Go

Doc wrote
Surely those two girls standing either side of Kid have to be sisters!
SPOTTED: Not so sure on that Doc. One thing i am sure of is the audience girl on the right of picture featured on the outro to the Legs routine `Say When` a full 7 months earlier and her bottom lip reacted when The Kid mentioned the words `Please Don't Go`.

COMMENT:As for the routine, well ive not grown so fond of it as our host. I guess Gill takes full advantage of her star billing and although she is always great to look at, i do at times find her a bit of a `one-trick-pony` with her ever so pretty, but predictable solo style dancing. Actually i think i prefer the song to the routine.

Re: 40th 10/01/80: Please Don't Go

COMMENT: Fabulous, great, beautiful. Not my words but the words of Harry Wayne Casey himself
You only need one 'ism' in your life, and that's Luluism