40th 10/08/78: Baby Stop Crying

Another routine where the You Tube copy has been muted. So here's the one off dailymotion:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12a8v4_legs-co-baby-stop-crying-totp-tx-10-08-1978_creation

COMMENT: Gill's chance in the spotlight and she doesn't let us down.

CHAMPAGNE: The first close up bit of Gill.

OTHER LIKES:
The other being 4 dressed to allow the red dress to stand out

SPOTTED:
Not much at all other than Gill looking very good in that dress.

(Only one spotted allowed for the first 3 days.)

Reviewed: (Exp TBA)
TRBM
ER
AC/PD
P4PM

Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 10/08/78: Baby Stop Crying

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: Dylan’s gone electric. Gill’s gone electrifying.

CHAMPAGNE: Gill, for looking so drop dead gorgeous.

OTHER LIKES: Sue, Patti, Pauline and Lulu emerging from behind the screens.

SPOTTED: Gill wears different earrings for the ending part of the routine to the ones she was wearing at the beginning.

Re: 40th 10/08/78: Baby Stop Crying

Doc
Impressive observation! She does appear to have different ear rings on in the final overlay.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 10/08/78: Baby Stop Crying

The Rubberband Man
Doc wrote
Impressive observation! She does appear to have different ear rings on in the final overlay.
It suggests there was an extended break in the filming of this dance sequence, either for lunch or for the following day.
Either way, the girls had changed to go off to where ever they were going, and I'm thinking, when they came back it's possible Gill forgot what earrings she was wearing for the first half of filming and put on a different pair for the final overlay shots.

Re: 40th 10/08/78: Baby Stop Crying

Doc
I doubt that it would be the following day but I think you’re right about it being filmed after a break.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 10/08/78: Baby Stop Crying

The Rubberband Man wrote
SPOTTED: Gill wears different earrings for the ending part of the routine to the ones she was wearing at the beginning.
Hmm, if correct this would be a magnificent spot. But im a bit more dubious on the different earrings angle. There is no way at all they would have cobbled together two parts of a routine over two days or indeed either side of lunch ! They would want to nail it ASAP.

Im not used to being a de-bunker, but here goes.

Re: 40th 10/08/78: Baby Stop Crying

Doc
I only checked it on an ipad, but that does suggest that the angle of her head makes the jewellery look different.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 10/08/78: Baby Stop Crying

PattiforPM
Good debate I must say.  I'm just standing back in admiration at both teams

Re: 40th 10/08/78: Baby Stop Crying

Hmm, if correct this would be a magnificent spot. But im a bit more dubious on the different earrings angle.
Aww, don't put the mockers on my brilliant spot 😣

What convinced me the earrings are different is, in your second pic you can see a couple of redundant hooks around the bottom part of the earring without any tabs hanging from them. In the first pic these hooks aren't there.
So the earrings are similar but there's differences in the detail.

Re: 40th 10/08/78: Baby Stop Crying

The Rubberband Man wrote
So the earrings are similar but there's differences in the detail.
Well if you say so TRBM. Me, i cant really get a good enough shot of the ear adornments towards the end, maybe somebody else can.

But for now i remain a bit of skeptic. Why would she change them ?

Re: 40th 10/08/78: Baby Stop Crying

Everything'sRosie
COMMENT: Legs dance to Bob Dylan. However unlikely that sounds, it happened!

CHAMPAGNE:  Gill looks amazing in that dress.

OTHER LIKES:  Our water nymphs gyrating in the light and in silhouette to that jangly guitar.

SPOTTED:  Gill flashes a little smile in conflict with the rather intense nature of the song.

N.B.
About those lyrics, I'd have thought it ill advisable to encourage a suicidal woman to go down to the river. Just saying.

Re: 40th 10/08/78: Baby Stop Crying

AC/PD
COMMENT: On paper, an even less likely artist to have received the Legs treatment than The Smurfs. Transferred to the dance floor - sheer artistry. Gorgeous Gill feels and transmits so much here.
CHAMPAGNE: The semi-opaque sighting of Gill upon her taller silhouette
OTHER LIKES: When Gill's cohorts appear, Pauline looks absolutely smashing.
SPOTTED:  The last two bones in Gill's ribcage.

Re: 40th 10/08/78: Baby Stop Crying

COMMENT: A potent Clarke-Zimmerman collaboration.  Not his best but very nearly hers.

CHAMPAGNE: Gill in Red

OTHER LIKES:  Her Tribe in Blue

SPOTTED: Nothing sorry

Re: 40th 10/08/78: Baby Stop Crying

Doc
PattiforPM wrote
SPOTTED: Nothing sorry
SPOTTED: The first person to comment on all of the routines in 1978 up to and including this. Thanks for not being too busy to find 5 minutes each week to watch the routines and make a comment.
Good to see Lloyd back!