40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-C0c3oMndQ

SUMMARY: A dance that's easily forgotten, but it's a pleasant one to watch.

CHAMPAGNE: Not today.

SPOTTED: They must have bought a lot of material for the orange and blue outfits as it seems to be used again in 1981 for the I Ain't Gonna Stand For It outfits.

Legs were also seen dancing in the background for the No.1, Floid could also been seen.

Re: 40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

SUMMARY: An easy day out for the dance troupe and choreographer. As they have danced so much in 77, they deserve a cushy number or two.

CHAMPAGNE: Gill on her back !

SPOTTED: On Doc's link. Watch Sue's left leg perform a false start at 0.25 mins, twitching a whole half a second to early. At 2.21 mins watch Lulu start to fall asleep and then struggle to sit up !

Re: 40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

Old Grey Whistler
SUMMARY: Pleasant enough but it is a glorified pilates class really.

CHAMPAGNE: Not exactly champagne but the most memorable moment was the end where Gill stares at the camera while on her back.

SPOTTED: In these days of political correctness, I don't suppose that Kid Jensen would be able to get away with referring to them as 'delightful lizzies' He was obviously feeling very patriotic that day as well.

Re: 40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

SUMMARY: A dance that FF and I agreed on.  Now that's not easily forgotten!

CHAMPAGNE: Pleasantly relaxed little number but not a cork popper.

SPOTTED:  Great recovery at the 0.25 mark!

Re: 40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

SPOTTED:
At 2.21 mins watch Lulu start to fall asleep and then struggle to sit up !
She did appear to be enjoying lying on that hard floor a bit to much.

Re: 40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

SPOTTED: On Doc's link. Watch Sue's left leg perform a false start at 0.25 mins, twitching a whole half a second to early.
It goes to show how precise Sue was with her performances that even a minor twitch like that is noteworthy.

Re: 40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Legs & Co quite literally take to the floor.

SUMMARY: No champagne moment, so Tip #2 in a series of tips for drinking champagne :-
Store champagne in a cool place in your home, away from any light, and where the temperature is consistent. Never store champagne in the fridge.

SPOTTED: Some of the moves immediately before the 0.25 incident were later adopted by those who do the “Oops Upside Your Head” dance.

Re: 40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

Doc
The Rubberband Man wrote
Does that include sitting in puddles of beer?

Re: 40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

The Rubberband Man
I've a spotted for the #1.

There's a guy with a shirt and glasses dancing alongside Sue and Floid. You can see him here :-

He's a cool dude, yes?

About 15 seconds later he's manged to get across the studio and now he's mugged his way into Kid Jensen's piece to camera :-

I bet he also stands behind news reporters when they do an OB report and waves morosely towards the camera.

Re: 40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

Legsfan
SUMMARY: Possibly the best Legs & Co synchronized dancing routine ever.

CHAMPAGNE:

SPOTTED: Nothing today.

Re: 40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

Yeah i once did a couple of picture posts on here that covered that (annoyingly i cant remember which thread). It clearly shows that the end credits section in which they danced to their third version of IFL must have been shot in two takes. From memory that was rebuked by Sue, but the pictures surely prove otherwise.

As i said the other week, its now my belief that lots of jiggery pokery went on in piecing together the show before broadcast to make it appear seamless and the dance routines were very much part of that. I will give you an example.

Take the show from 23/04/81 in which they danced to `Bermuda Triangle` and at the end appeared on the end credits dancing with DLT to Stars on 45. Now would they really be hanging around with soggy bikini bottoms waiting to come back and dance to the end credits. Maybe so, but they would go back to the dressing room and change into something else, not the same water sodden bikini costume. I reckon they danced the end credits clad in bikinis and wispy shawls, then once the everything else was filmed they then performed the Bermuda Triangle routine. DLT before and after the routine just makes out its all part of the continuous show.

Im sure the same may have happened on other end credit performances by Legs & Co, filmed the main routine way before of after the show. Sorry for digressing somewhat Doc on your thread.

Re: 40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

SUMMARY: Graceful floor action to calm the troubled mind

CHAMPAGNE: The piece of material falling gently off Patti's perfect form at 1:15

SPOTTED: I was too busy meditating

Re: 40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

Dancer
SUMMARY: Lovely song but quite dull routine.  Felt it was a rushed job given how high it was in the chart and also slow climbing.  Trying to work out what went down that week unexpectedly.

CHAMPAGNE: More like Bucks Fizz.  Very cheap dance routine.

SPOTTED: Nothing so far.

Re: 40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

Dancer
Just glanced through the Top 40 book and there was not many going down at all in this week's chart in the lower regions.  Possible contenders and I emphasise the word "possible" could have been:-

Real Thing - Love's such a wonderful thing;
Television - Prove it.

But historically they had never danced to the Real Thing before.

If the above is anathema then Flick took a real gamble that week given how high in the charts this was and it was a non-mover.

Re: 40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

VintageVideos
Dancer wrote
Television - Prove it.
Now that would have been something...
Vin

A very wild guess.  They were American but no sign of them at all in the American chart - just ours.  Was thinking was it because Elvis had died but he departed the next week, so that is out.

I love the song, and I own the album. But still I could hardly imagine Legs & Co. dancing to this somewhat unusual track.
Vin

Re: 40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

Dancer
What type of music is it VV?  They were pretty diverse though Legs really - they danced to all types of music.  I remember watching them dancing to some punk rock tunes and thinking "Flick is one genius to come up with a routine for these".

I have never heard of Television and as I say it is a guess.  Not sure what the numbers 41 to 50 looked like that week but I cannot imagine Flick choosing something so low down unless it was a popular song.

Real Thing is a big no no thinking about it as they were always on TOTP with everyone of their songs.

Re: 40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

VintageVideos
It's new wave rock combined with reggae elements. The song's really got an unusual rhythm.

Vin

Re: 40th 11/08/77: We're All Alone

Dancer
Thank you VV - slim chance there then.  We would need to pick other brains on this one.