40th: 12/05/77 Mah Na Mah Na

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89SshocPjc0

SUMMARY: In case you wondered why this got in the charts, here's who to blame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_tupPBtWQ

CHAMPAGNE: Pauline's expressions.

SPOTTED:
Looks like the director got Pauline to look in the wrong place.

At the end all of the girls are sort of smiling, except for Lulu who looks likes she's just been told she's not getting paid.

Re: 40th: 12/05/77 Mah Na Mah Na

SUMMARY--Okay its not the Bees Knees, but anything that Sue turns her hand to give me a buzz !

CHAMPAGNE--Not sure id pop the cork for a particular moment in this, but i do quite all the facial expressions.

SPOTTED--Patti fresh from her two week break spent im presuming on the Med, is showing of her newly acquired sun-tan.

Re: 40th: 12/05/77 Mah Na Mah Na

Legsfan
SUMMARY - Surely the Beeb could have found the girls something nicer to wear.

CHAMPAGNE - Not the most exciting routine out there, so I don't really have a moment.

SPOTTED: Not spotted, but striped instead!

Re: 40th: 12/05/77 Mah Na Mah Na

SUMMARY: A lovely Bouquet terrorised by a pugnacious Queen Bee

CHAMPAGNE: Sue jogging in those feet at 1:36

SPOTTED:  I've got a Garden Bench just like that one.  Is it true of Sets that if you build it they will come?

Re: 40th: 12/05/77 Mah Na Mah Na

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: It's colourful and over quickly, but oh my, this is hard to love.

CHAMPAGNE: Pauline looking charmingly perplexed as her eyes track the bee.

SPOTTED: We have a serious sense of humour failure at 2.10 from flower Number Four!

Re: 40th: 12/05/77 Mah Na Mah Na

SUMMARY: As Ryan said it's not the bees knees, and it's certainly not The Bee Gees, but it's a good bit of silly fun.

CHAMPAGNE: Like most others, it has to be Pauline's expressions.

SPOTTED: Not so much spotted, but just thinking how hard it must have been for the five girls reacting to something that they wouldn't actually be able to see while filming the routine.

Re: 40th: 12/05/77 Mah Na Mah Na

Everything'sRosie wrote
SPOTTED: We have a serious sense of humour failure at 2.10 from flower Number Four!
In flower Number Four's support and defence, and in total and complete sympathy with her, the double whammy of having Jimmy Savile in the studio doing that creepy Percy thing, and having to endure the indignity of this awful routine, I'd be feeling exactly the same.

#L U L U I S M

Re: 40th: 12/05/77 Mah Na Mah Na

CoffeeThing

Champagne: Sue wiggling about and pulling faces. Serious bumble bee shapes pulled by the queen (bee, get it?) herself!

Spotted: I noticed Lulu looking a little forlorn too, bless her little petals.
This week, I are be mostly hanging in there

Re: 40th: 12/05/77 Mah Na Mah Na

Everything'sRosie wrote
SPOTTED: We have a serious sense of humour failure at 2.10 from flower Number Four!
Yeah the more i look at that ending scene the more i think Lulu didn't listen to the instructions which was "okay girls, end on a nice smile". Though if you look at Pauline at the end, even she raised a false smile, which is unusual for her.

Re: 40th: 12/05/77 Mah Na Mah Na

SUMMARY:  One I which FF and I were in agreement.  A dance routine that triumphed despite the handicap of the 'song'.
CHAMPAGNE:  The Bee stamping her foot with those recalcitrant blooms!
SPOTTED:  I believe many years later a similarly large yellow glove was spotted and came in very 'handy' when our bee inadvertently stung herself!

Re: 40th: 12/05/77 Mah Na Mah Na

Dancer
SUMMARY -  Difficult outfits for the song but all round it was eye catching.

CHAMPAGNE - Nothing really.  Made the most out of a bad job.

SPOTTED: Their eyeline was going off slightly - always thought they needed specs to spot Sue but really it is something I could watch again.

Re: 40th: 12/05/77 Mah Na Mah Na

Mikey

Champagne: Lots of unique little moments, Sue's bee is very good, but the flowers look adorable with some excellently goofy expressions

Spotted: Lulu appears to looking left at the end when everyone else was looking ahead