40th 12/07/79: Lady Linda

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkQpqP4fNzY

COMMENT: An orange overload and a song cut short detract from a reasonable dance.

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie's legs!

OTHER LIKES:

SPOTTED:
What looks like someone's O level woodwork project hanging from the ceiling.
The 3 seconds or so where the lighting was perfect.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 12/07/79: Lady Linda

Wracking my brains where i have seen Lulu do that same kind of walk through she does at 1.05mins on Doc's link, the one with one hand behind her head and the other on her hip. After much thinking i reckon it was the same as the ending of `Best Of My Love` when she does similar.

Anyhow, i can't think of much to say about `Lady Lynda` apart from the fact Flick eased the girls back into it all after their 2 week break with a very gentle routine that was hardly taxing. A routine as bland as the set.

Re: 40th 12/07/79: Lady Linda

and following on from the last post of course Lulu does a similar more famous walk in `Play That Funky Music`.

Re: 40th 12/07/79: Lady Linda

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: A bit prosaic – maybe saving themselves for better things to come

CHAMPAGNE: Patti’s trademark high kick

SPOTTED: An Ikea bookcase build gone badly wrong, possibly being moved to the attic
You only need one 'ism' in your life, and that's Luluism

Re: 40th 12/07/79: Lady Linda

Doc's screen-grab is playing tricks. Rosie's moving hand covers Sue's hair and makes her look half blonde, dare i say a bit of a skunk cut style.

Re: 40th 12/07/79: Lady Linda

COMMENT: Low to middling Dance hampered by lighting, soft focus, boring set and music.  Otherwise excellent!  A bit like Iceland in the Summer, dawn was lovely but I kept waiting for the sunset which never came

CHAMPAGNE: The Personnel

OTHER LIKES:  Still searching

SPOTTED:   Surely produced by the same team who shot the Herbie Hancock number and I have solved the woodworking mystery - it's those obstructive Thought it was You pillars drawn up into the roof space by some kind soul not involved in the first dance debacle.  Note to self; get out of bed left side tomorrow.

Re: 40th 12/07/79: Lady Linda

Suefan
COMMENT: Languid, limbs, diaphanous... Perhaps I should watch this more often.

CHAMPAGNE: Not with that focus.

Re: 40th 12/07/79: Lady Linda

COMMENT: A performance that starts off well for the first 30 seconds as far as the lighting is concerned, then it's pretty much all orange for the rest of the routine.

CHAMPAGNE: The high cut costumes showing plenty of leg.

OTHER LIKES: There's a nice part where Rosie appears a little cheeky!

SPOTTED: Nothing this time.