40th 12/10/78: Talking In Your Sleep

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAlVIJ4uANQ

COMMENT: Gill's close ups help make this memorable. Seems a bit too dark, but that may just be the lower quality of what's available. Poor old Crystal, everyone of her appearances is on the banned list!

CHAMPAGNE: At that time of the morning.

OTHER LIKES:

SPOTTED:
Gill's bedroom has no bed.

Re: 40th 12/10/78: Talking In Your Sleep

PattiforPM
COMMENT: A nice enough nocturnal story starring an ethereal Gill

CHAMPAGNE: Ovaltine

OTHER LIKES:  Quite becoming night wear

SPOTTED:   Inviting five friends over at 3am then sulking at the dressing table most of the time probably not he best way to get back to sleep or indeed to maintain five friendships (Sorry not really a spotted but just an idle observation!)

Re: 40th 12/10/78: Talking In Your Sleep

Doc
PattiforPM wrote
SPOTTED:   Inviting five friends over at 3am then sulking at the dressing table most of the time probably not he best way to get back to sleep or indeed to maintain five friendships (Sorry not really a spotted but just an idle observation!)
Today the 5 friends would stay at home and just put on Twitter that it’s ok not to be ok.

Re: 40th 12/10/78: Talking In Your Sleep

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: The dancing is beautiful and elegant, the mood is melancholy, and the camera is out of focus.

CHAMPAGNE: Maybe an Ovaltine is recommended, "to aid better sleep".

SPOTTED: Banksy style art work where the pictures have mysteriously been shredded, leaving us with just the frames.

Re: 40th 12/10/78: Talking In Your Sleep

Doc
The Rubberband Man wrote
CHAMPAGNE: Maybe an Ovaltine is recommended, "to aid better sleep".
1978 was about the last time I drunk any of that!

The camera out of focus was a very 1960's effect to replicate the effect of looking at a beautiful woman. Star Trek was a good example, the picture always blurred the background when they did a close up of the latest pretty girl, usually whilst sickly love music played.

Re: 40th 12/10/78: Talking In Your Sleep

AC/PD
COMMENT: The main (soft) focus of this performance, Gill's dream seems to hark back to Without You as a pointer towards why her mind is interrupting the slumber.

CHAMPAGNE: Perhaps a nip of Cognac to allow Gill to rest easy.

OTHER LIKES:  Empty frames which forgo scenic reminders and self-reflections.

SPOTTED: No problems with Gill's belt for a change.