40th 13/01/77: Car Wash

Doc
13/01/77

Legs and Co danced to:
Rose Royce - Car Wash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBfBl68urRo

SUMMARY: Good clean fun!
CHAMPAGNE: Sue and Gill's 'tongues at dawn'.
SPOTTED:
1) Right at the start you just catch Sue watching for a cue.
2) At about 1:30 when all the girls are hidden by the brushes, Gill starts to look out a fraction too early, she realises this and then is eventually the last to emerge. Very minor but it does stand out.

Comments for the following please
SUMMARY: One line comment.
CHAMPAGNE: Favorite moment from the routine.
SPOTTED: See anything unusual in the routine?

Re: 40th 13/01/77: Car Wash

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Car Wash workers with no sponge or soapy bucket in sight…. but they’re still able to work up a lather.

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu’s amazing hip wiggle that she does in her short solo at the back of the stage.

SPOTTED: You can easily spot the names of Lulu, Sue, Patti, and Pauline’s on their caps. Gill and Rosie, on the other hand, preferring camouflaged anonymity.

Re: 40th 13/01/77: Car Wash

Doc
The Rubberband Man wrote
SUMMARY: Car Wash workers with no sponge or soapy bucket in sight…. but they’re still able to work up a lather.
Tidy beard would be proud of that comment!

Re: 40th 13/01/77: Car Wash

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Washing the car was far more fun back in the 70s

CHAMPAGNE: Sue and Gill's face-pulling is one of the great Legs moments.

SPOTTED: The back right revolving brush thingy gives up the ghost near the end.

Re: 40th 13/01/77: Car Wash

SUMMARY: I would love to get my car washed there!

CHAMPAGNE: Patti's bit at 1.20

SPOTTED: Nothing

Re: 40th 13/01/77: Car Wash

SUMMARY: These days the car wash is operated by Rumanians !

CHAMPAGNE: I guess the sticking out tongue stuff, always nice to see our gals in close-up having a bit of fun.

SPOTTED: Like Doc spotted, the hesitant Gill thing around 1.30 mins. Yes it was only a minor mishap, but when all six dancers are meant to emerge in unison, if one of them is only half a second late the effect is very much nullified. I think Gill also pulled bit of a face when she retreated back behind the brush as though as to say `hope i got away with it`.

Re: 40th 13/01/77: Car Wash

SUMMARY: No cars in sight, but you can't beat the chassis on these models!

CHAMPAGNE:  Sue and Gill at the start.

SPOTTED: After Patti and Pauline's rear end collision at 2.30, when they both raise a knee straight after it's a bit mistimed.

Re: 40th 13/01/77: Car Wash

PattiForPM
SUMMARY: Spotless fun

CHAMPAGNE: I agree Lulu's Hips are high octane

SPOTTED: Scarves look as if I knitted them

Re: 40th 13/01/77: Car Wash

Mikey
SUMMARY: Amazing what goes on at the car wash after all the customers have left
CHAMPAGNE: Lulu's little shimmy at 1.15
SPOTTED: Has no one mentioned the brush at the back conking out yet?

Re: 40th 13/01/77: Car Wash

Doc
Mikey wrote
SPOTTED: Has no one mentioned the brush at the back conking out yet?
Yes, but I'm not telling you who.

Re: 40th 13/01/77: Car Wash

Mikey
Oops

Oh well heres another

ALTERNATIVE SPOTTED: An unusual end where we get to see a couple more seconds of the performance behind DH before fade out

Re: 40th 13/01/77: Car Wash

Doc
A little bit like the DLT/Tidybeard Christmas show.

Re: 40th 13/01/77: Car Wash

Mikey
Oh yes, thats an even better example. The other one i was thinking of is Shake Your Body Down To The Ground with the girls still dancing at the start of the next link

Re: 40th 13/01/77: Car Wash

CoffeeThing
SUMMARY: Just the sort of 70s music and routine that makes me warm inside.
CHAMPAIGNE: Sue and Gill poking tongues.
SPOTTED: The energy and dynamism that Sue always injects into a routine when she literally pops into view.

Re: 40th 13/01/77: Car Wash

Old Grey Whistler
SUMMARY: A good mid-range dance
CHAMPAGNE: Lulu's hip wiggle
SPOTTED: It looks to me as though Sue has more spots on her cap than the others, although that might just be down to the camera angle.

Re: 40th 13/01/77: Car Wash

Dancer
SUMMARY: A good dance with lovely outfits
CHAMPAGNE: Sue's solo
SPOTTED: The brush breaks down at the back.  They all look like giant sex aids but are very colourful.