40th: 13/04/78 Move Your Body

I've made a slight change to the format, I've added a new section. I've also dropped the new No.1 to help speed up making these posts.
COMMENT: A comment about the dance, anything you want to say.
CHAMPAGNE: Favourite moment from the routine, if any.
OTHER LIKES: Something not good enough for the bubbly but you still like them.
SPOTTED: See anything unusual in the routine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pcvyrWGzFg

COMMENT: A great example of Legs and Co rescuing what would have been a really boring act. 6.38 rating, I know Gene was a bit rubbish, but the girls efforts are worth better.

CHAMPAGNE: Gene hammers the cork in.

OTHER LIKES:
Those dresses with the gold belts do a great job of making you forget about Gene.
The girl's twirls round Gene, unfortunately mostly lost by the camera work.

SPOTTED:
The crowd struggling to 'move their body'.

Review:
AC/PD
ER
TRBM
P4PM
OGW
RYAN
GILURO
Look how sharp my screen grab is!

Re: 40th: 13/04/78 Move Your Body

AC/PD
COMMENT: Generation Game contestant participates in the "Singing Travolta" round.
CHAMPAGNE: Not really.
OTHER LIKES: The overall look of Legs & Co's costumes despite being excessively brief.
SPOTTED: Pauline's neatly-tucked/hidden the knot on her belt.
                The camera seen at the conclusion - lens pointing at a box.

Re: 40th: 13/04/78 Move Your Body

Everything'sRosie
COMMENT: He's big in the States...apparently

CHAMPAGNE: Well, the dresses are a bit Bucks Fizz

OTHER LIKES: It's certainly colourful

SPOTTED:  Sue gives that potentially hazardous mic cable a good look.

Re: 40th: 13/04/78 Move Your Body

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Saturday Night Fever Wannabe jumps on the Disco bandwagon (and falls off it pretty quickly), and relies on Legs & Co and Johnny Pearson’s gang to elevate a wholly uninspiring song to a level beyond its merit.

CHAMPAGNE: The fizz has evaporated

OTHER LIKES: The girls look fab

SPOTTED: Saturday Nite outfits on the Everybody Dance stage

Re: 40th: 13/04/78 Move Your Body

COMMENT:  How to make a silk purse out of sow's ear thanks to seven lovely creative souls

CHAMPAGNE:  Ginger Beer

OTHER LIKES: Definitely the Outfits and the mobile midsections

SPOTTED: Nice to see more of the TOTPs Stage Crew at the end than we usually do (as per ACPD)

Re: 40th: 13/04/78 Move Your Body

Old Grey Whistler
COMMENT: Farrow gets his big break but I don't think he's going to make it.
CHAMPAGNE: Nothing really.
OTHER LIKES: Nice costumes, similar to those worn for Saturday Nite but with the addition of the gold belts.
Dislike the glare from the lights.
SPOTTED: Same as AC/PD.

Re: 40th: 13/04/78 Move Your Body

PattiforPM wrote
How to make a silk purse out of sow's ear
Well, his name is Farrow.

Re: 40th: 13/04/78 Move Your Body

COMMENT: Gene Farrow. A man with no Wikipedia entry ? Maybe thats telling us something.

CHAMPAGNE: Again no actual moment stands out for me, but i do like the bit where all six take turns `moving there body` around Gene.

OTHER LIKES: I like the fact the production obviously took one look at Gene in his Travolta suit and thought it needed a touch of Legs & Co magic.

SPOTTED: No nothing thats not already been mentioned. Ive noticed it pays to get on this thread early to avoid that

By the way, does anyone know what the Disco smash record Gene had the previous year that Tony B referred to ?

Re: 40th: 13/04/78 Move Your Body

COMMENT: Yeah, that's right Gene, Move Your Body, hopefully right off the side of the stage to leave these lovely ladies to do the routine on their own!

CHAMPAGNE: Nothing this time.

OTHER LIKES: Just the outfits their wearing, it's always good to see the girls in short dresses!

SPOTTED: Nothing that hasn't already been mentioned.