40th 14/04/77: Lonely Boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS5csQ6Svwg

SUMMARY: He won't be lonely with those girls around!
(Interestingly Andrew Gold's official You Tube channel has the dance on it).

CHAMPAGNE: A whole crate for one moment, but I'm keeping it to myself.

SPOTTED:
1. The return of the 'My First, My Last, My Everything effect'#.
2. Rosie forgetting a jump at about the 1 minute mark, sorry birthday girl*.

#- For those not fortunate enough to have seen First/Last/Everything then check here http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/ZZ-PP-1970-links-Please-don-t-post-here-tp4070916p4070972.html
*- OK it was 5 days before this was filmed.

Re: 40th 14/07/77: Lonely Boy

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: An only child has difficulty adjusting to the role of big brother

CHAMPAGNE: Patti’s lively entrance from the right

SPOTTED: Not a lot to spot, but Patti is the only girl wearing shoes

Re: 40th 14/07/77: Lonely Boy

SUMMARY: Genius casting from Flick. She rarely got casting wrong and this was no exception.

CHAMPAGNE: I like the scrap between siblings at the end.

SPOTTED: Gill using her right hand to steady herself when she lowers herself down (0.39 mins on Doc's link). Also at the same time, is that just a shadow or has Gill got a dirty right heel !

Re: 40th 14/07/77: Lonely Boy

SUMMARY:  Entertaining sibling rivalry with some rather negligent dancing babysitters

CHAMPAGNE:  Patti and Floids double act gymnastics

SPOTTED:  Nothing new from this correspondent

(Go on Doc, tell us about your favourite scene)

Re: 40th 14/07/77: Lonely Boy

Im still squinting my eyes in vain trying to see if they have tippexed one of Floid's black Adidas stripes off his dancing shoes.

Re: 40th 14/07/77: Lonely Boy

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Bare-footed princesses prepare us for the return of, er...Floid

CHAMPAGNE: Patti's little spat with added comedy violence.

SPOTTED: Nothing which hasn't already been mentioned.

Re: 40th 14/07/77: Lonely Boy

A further Spotted:

Lulu's necklace seems to have worked its way around the back of her neck. Though around this time she wore a small crucifix and maybe thats the fixing clasp of it that has worked its way down.

Re: 40th 14/07/77: Lonely Boy

SUMMARY: A lovely routine, once again i think Floid helps make this a fantastic performance.

CHAMPAGNE: The close up of Rosie while facing Sue.

SPOTTED: Although five of the girls are all wearing black and white skirts, the patterns are in fact different, and when Gill and Lulu are standing in line facing each other, it looks like they're trying to suppress a fit of the giggles.

Re: 40th 14/07/77: Lonely Boy

Mikey
SUMMARY: Floid escapes Arlene's boot camp (possibly) to join Legs for this excellent faux sibling spat

CHAMPAGNE: The Floid lift/Patti spin bit

SPOTTED: The giggling wall (esp Lulu) at about 2 minutes in, focus ladies!

Re: 40th 14/07/77: Lonely Boy

Legsfan
SUMMARY: Patti and Floid, reunited after four months apart!

CHAMPAGNE: When Patti and Floid run around Legs.

SPOTTED: 40th 14/04/77: Lonely Boy

Re: 40th 14/07/77: Lonely Boy

CoffeeThing

Champagne: parptti's mocpves and expressions are just perfection.

Spotted: Floid! Great to see him.
This week, I are be mostly hanging in there

Re: 40th 14/07/77: Lonely Boy

Dancer

Champagne: The whole ensemble and Patti's lovely outfit.  Really memorable.

Spotted: Nothing just fantastic acting in parts.  With the sound dubbed we could have guessed it was this song.  Very clever choreography.

Re: 40th 14/04/77: Lonely Boy

SUMMARY: A missed opportunity.  (Refer to my earlier comments on the casting.)

Re: 40th 14/04/77: Lonely Boy

Suefan wrote
SUMMARY: A missed opportunity.  (Refer to my earlier comments on the casting.)
Never, ever in the history of Legs & Co had Flick got the casting so spot-on as this routine. Sheer genius having the oldest (by some margin i might add) to play the little sis.

I cant resist this but, "if I could think of A Thousand and One other routines then none would be so perfect for the casting as this".

Re: 40th 14/07/77: Lonely Boy

GiLuRo wrote
CHAMPAGNE: The close up of Rosie while facing Sue.