40th 14/09/78: Kiss You All Over

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcMlrCKUZGc

COMMENT: Yes this ones a cracker! Probably in the top 3 that I wish had got a BBC 4 repeat.

CHAMPAGNE:
I'll go with Sue biting her lip. Very suggestive!

OTHER LIKES:
Quite a lot actually.
The close up overlays work well, nice expressions.
The rather tight outfits.
The bottom wiggle bit near the end.

SPOTTED:
To echo the comment 'I was too busy having a look'! However did you see anything?

EXTRA GRAB:
OK so nearly all of us only have access to a lower quality version, but how about trying to add a grab of one of your favourite bits as there's quite a few in this one. I suspect I may be able to guess what P4PM could choose.
Here's my choice:
Sue biting her lip (phew!).

Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 14/09/78: Kiss You All Over

AC/PD
COMMENT: Sponsored by Rimmel - Saying so much through a subtle, understated dance routine, it's Legs & Co driving us mad with the brakes on.

CHAMPAGNE:  Red marks on the flute.

OTHER LIKES:
The choice of costumes on figures which put to bed any theory that flesh is more.
When the night closes in around the 2 minute mark.

DISLIKE: It's over too soon.

SPOTTED:   Exploded lipstick kiss marks belonging to the Legs/lips.

EXTRA GRAB:

Re: 40th 14/09/78: Kiss You All Over

Doc
AC/PD wrote
EXTRA GRAB:
Yes, I like that bit as well!

Lucky for Patti that her lips close up wasn't as tough as the one Sheena Easton had a few years later when filming the title sequence for 'For Your Eyes Only':
“The filming of the title sequence may look like it was glamorous but it was a very long process because, of course, the most important element was to get the visuals to work with what the graphics were, and because they were coming in on a slow close up on the lips and the eyes at certain points I had to have my head clamped so it wouldn’t go a millimetre either way and that’s not the most comfortable thing to do,”
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 14/09/78: Kiss You All Over

Doc
Come on screen grabbers, I'm sure you can come up with some more good ones!
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 14/09/78: Kiss You All Over

COMMENT: Hot song, hotter dancing, hottest outfits

CHAMPAGNE:
A veritable Melchizedek but I'll go with the delayed reverse crouching grind at 2:32

OTHER LIKES:
Dual side-on throb at 0:32
All those lips and faces

SPOTTED:
It was tough to fit in all the crouching and footwork for many of the dancers

EXTRA GRAB: I can't disappoint Doc or be untrue to myself so:

Re: 40th 14/09/78: Kiss You All Over

Doc
That crossing the legs whilst walking works for me every time.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 14/09/78: Kiss You All Over

AC/PD wrote
DISLIKE: It's over too soon.
Certainly left wanting more. Although I think we got the whole routine, no rough edits here.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 14/09/78: Kiss You All Over

Doc
As there appears to be no more input to this thread.

Spotted:

1. I've just noticed at the start Sue is distracted by something on her right, her eyes look in that direction for a fraction of a second.

2. The camera lingers on Patti a second too long and she can be seen turning away after the pout!

Here's the pout as it's a better grab than the look away!

3. The kiss film is rather flimsy, it can be seen moving backwards and forwards when the girls are dancing.

4. Pauline getting a rare overlay appearance in the routine.

5. Lulu in unposed overlay.

6. The trousers seem to be extended to halfway along the feet, no doubt to hold them tight, something I think we're all grateful for.

7. Gill is extremely good at the posed look to the camera, but as the Gill fans out there have not been able to provide a screen grab I'll do it instead.

Still living in 1979