40th 14/12/78: You Don't Bring Me Flowers

40th 14/12/78: You Don't Bring Me Flowers

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpYsDoE95jM

COMMENT: I'm not surprised he doesn't bring her flowers anymore when she just chucks them on the floor!
I don't often agree with Tony, but he's spot on with the intro.

CHAMPAGNE: More mulled wine.

OTHER LIKES:
The song's a bit of a dirge which puts me off this one, but it's quite a nice performance and there's something about those white dresses. There's some nice moments for the Patti fans.

SPOTTED:
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 14/12/78: You Don't Bring Me Flowers

AC/PD
COMMENT: Handkerchief for Miss Hammond. Mind you, that bunch could keep her in cereal for a day or two.

CHAMPAGNE: Patti tugging at the heartstrings at the conclusion wobbles the bottom lip.

OTHER LIKES: Even though it's broken, the romance. Superb storyboard and direction.

SPOTTED:  The flowers, which unfortunately look an undigested mess from afar, getting randomly trodden on.

Re: 40th 14/12/78: You Don't Bring Me Flowers

COMMENT:  A Supreme Tearjerker

CHAMPAGNE: The Prima Ballerina

OTHER LIKES:  Appropriate lighting and the right setting on the Wind machine

SPOTTED:  My glasses misted up

Re: 40th 14/12/78: You Don't Bring Me Flowers

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: 'You Don't Bring Me Flowers', but thankfully Patti does. A routine where L&C rose to the occasion, and put to rest any question that they don’t do emotional once and floral.

CHAMPAGNE: A Dandelion & Burdock for Patti’s flamboyant Arabeques

OTHER LIKES: The white dresses, the contrast with the black background, the choreography, the drama, the sadness and the simplicity of it all

SPOTTED:
 Nothing in the routine, but off stage, a call for Ms Cartwright to collect a delivery from Interflora at the Reception Desk

Re: 40th 14/12/78: You Don't Bring Me Flowers

Doc
The Rubberband Man wrote
SPOTTED: Nothing in the routine, but off stage, a call for Ms Cartwright to collect a delivery from Interflora at the Reception Desk
Now you've gone and upset Patti!

Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 14/12/78: You Don't Bring Me Flowers

Caracalla
Comment:  Very nicely danced routine. Attractive and evocative

Champagne: The dresses. The girls look great in anything but these really looked nice.

Other Likes:  The simple white against dark look

Spotted: The discarded flowers. Spent a large part of the time worrying that someone would slip on them or trip over them. Then began wondering if they would be trampled symbolically. Finally threw off my florally based obsession just in time for the applause.