40th 15/06/78: The Smurf Song

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K1gBFFyB64

COMMENT: It's amazing what BBC performmers have to put up with! An entertaining routine despite the outfits.

CHAMPAGNE: Not this time.

OTHER LIKES: The flute smurf's dancing.

SPOTTED:
Rosie appears to have chosen to go without the usual support and I'm certainly not complaining (see other likes).

The bloke at the back reminds me of a young Phil Tufnell, surely not!

The fifth time in a row they share the screen with males.

Re: 40th 15/06/78: The Smurf Song

AC/PD
COMMENT: Criteria fulfilled with regards to the entertainment remit. 100% endevour.

CHAMPAGNE: Blue Nun

OTHER LIKES: Audience member on the left taking a nibble just past the 60 Smurf seconds mark.
                     Thank heavens the noses were prosthetic.

SPOTTED: Only with thanks to a senior OFTD member who coined the "lady bumps" terminology....

Re: 40th 15/06/78: The Smurf Song

COMMENT: No Comment

CHAMPAGNE: No Champagne

OTHER LIKES: Absent lucky friends

SPOTTED:   Flute Smurf's specially adapted pointy-fingered Left Smurf Glove (and yes I did have to look at a whole bunch of Smurf stuff to check that they don't all have different fingers darn it!)

Re: 40th 15/06/78: The Smurf Song

Everything'sRosie
COMMENT: You know how it is, you wait all day to see what Legs & Co are going to do on tonight's show, and then...

CHAMPAGNE: Sue & Lulu snitching on the out of key Pauline.

OTHER LIKES: I think Sue looks rather cute in her smurf glasses.

SPOTTED: Looks like Tufnell and friends had to be bribed with ice creams.

Re: 40th 15/06/78: The Smurf Song

COMMENT:   Great routine to ring in with a sicky.

CHAMPAGNE: Can't really crack open the champagne, but i do like the bit where Sue does that twist dance.

OTHER LIKES: We all know the girls hated doing this, but you gotta admire how they give it their best shot.

SPOTTED:  Not surprisingly, Doc has supplied us with the better visual YouTube link. But the OFTDs blog still carries a UK Gold copy which contains the original presenter intro link. Yes its Jimmy Savile standing next to Father Abraham himself with each talking incoherent gibberish. Watch as FA is rather cut off in his prime as he produces a whistle type object but the camera cuts away to the routine.

http://oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=1828
RYAN