40th 15/11/79: No More Tears

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6nEaKKXLRM

COMMENT: Nice use of the double take to cover a song that switches tempo.

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu, not sure which bit though.

OTHER LIKES:
The high tempo red dance.

SPOTTED:
Or rather 2 not spotteds:

1. Lulu falling to the floor exhausted right after the cut to Kid. Yes it really happened as it's survived on film.

2. A disgruntled looking Sue talking to Patti who them smiles at her. (This ones in the Christmas 'Some Girls' clip show).

Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 15/11/79: No More Tears

Doc wrote
1. Lulu falling to the floor exhausted right after the cut to Kid. Yes it really happened as it's survived on film.
The piece of film to which you refer also shows the VT ident board at the beginning. What is striking on it are the words `TAKE 3`. This is further evidence to me that things didn't always go to plan first time with these routines and as we now know, with other surviving outtakes, this is very true.

The `take 3` bit is clearly not the pre-recorded Patti & Sue segment, but the orange dresses fast-paced dance segment. I'd suggest the Lulu floor falling was more a mixture of relief that they have got the job done as well as one of exhaustion.

Re: 40th 15/11/79: No More Tears

Doc
I wonder what routine required the most takes?
I suspect 'Everlasting Love' and 'Boogie Nights', both of which involved getting tangled up with the decorations several times, would have been up there at the top of the list.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 15/11/79: No More Tears

Well we know `An Everlasting Love` had 5 takes. I'd wager that was the most for any routine.

Re: 40th 15/11/79: No More Tears

COMMENT: “It’s raining, It’s pouring”, but the old man’s not snoring…. because Legs & Co are doing another red hot dance sequence

CHAMPAGNE: For the line, “Tell him to just get out”

SPOTTED: The song’s called “No More Tears”, but Lulu’s got a tear on the sleeve of her dress

Re: 40th 15/11/79: No More Tears

Doc
The Rubberband Man wrote
SPOTTED: The song’s called “No More Tears”, but Lulu’ got a tear on the sleeve of her dress
It’s air cooling to lower her hotness!
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 15/11/79: No More Tears

PattiforPM
Futile

Re: 40th 15/11/79: No More Tears

COMMENT: Nice Dance within a Dance which could have gone on much longer for me

CHAMPAGNE:  More a two tone cocktail, one level fruity and the other seriously engaging

OTHER LIKES: Yes Lulu's expressions and the fast red dress dancing are fantastic and the yin and yang are beautiful but I must also mention the beautiful hairstyles on view here.  Every Dancer looks fantastic and I am particularly drawn to Sue and to Gill (who gets little airtime admittedly)  Thumbs up to the ladies for their grooming here

SPOTTED:  In contrast to the debris-riddled Rise floor, Environmental Services have done their job perfectly on those spotless white Hammond and shiny black Menhenick floors

Re: 40th 15/11/79: No More Tears

Dancer
COMMENT: A really difficult song to dance to given the beats etc but the girls did so well on this.

CHAMPAGNE:  Commencement of the routine with Sue and Patti.  Loved the outfits and the way they portrayed a break up of a relationship "totally black and white" and nothing in common.  Enjoyed the fast bits too.  Just felt for them really because it is not an easy song to dance to.  In the disco there was added mixes from Harold Faltermeyer which gave more bass and the backing singers had more to chant too on the 12" version - hence that is why it was a big seller in my opinion.

SPOTTED:  Nothing but if Lulu did drop on the floor to this, no one could blame her.  Must have been awful to have rehearsed this constantly.  At least there would be no more Casablanca Records for them to dance to in the future.