40th 15/12/77: My Way

Doc

(Sue wonders what to have for dinner this evening)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBwvnqMO7ps

SUMMARY: Egyptian Reggae was repeated on the show, so this was almost like a bonus appearance. Who was behind the screen? Ironically the highest rated routine of the year was followed immediately by lowest.

CHAMPAGNE: More like Horlicks.

SPOTTED:  It's taken me 40 years to realise that the dresses have Elvis and King written on them.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 15/12/77: My Way

Doc wrote
Who was behind the screen?
SUMMARY: In the early days of the forum, some of us naive fools (me mostly) offered up the notion that the silhouetted Elvis may have been Patti ! Quite obviously its not.

CHAMPAGNE: I think your Horlicks analogy Doc just about says it all.

SPOTTED: Yes the dresses are adorned with the words Elvis & King. Surely the short amount of time between FC being given the song choice and the performance we see suggests these dresses were made well in advance. Maybe they were ordered around the time of his death knowing full well that they (Legs) would at some stage be required to dance to him once again during 1977.

Re: 40th 15/12/77: My Way

CHAMPAGNE: I think your Horlicks analogy Doc just about says it all.
It just goes to show that even the best have off days, in Flick's defence the dances in the weeks before and following this are right up there with some of the best she did.
One plus I can come up with is I think they look nice in the dresses. I guess they were instructed to look melancholy because of Elvis's passing, unfortunately it just made them look like they were bored.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 15/12/77: My Way

Doc wrote
One plus I can come up with is I think they look nice in the dresses.
Another plus is that at least Patti was spared duty on this, a good one to miss. I guess if there had of been the full contingent of six, the routine may have had to be shot differently. The staggered three dancers on one side and two on the other does allow the girls to be in shot more through the gap created.

Just on Patti, she missed the same weeks show last year too, then it was 16th Dec.

Re: 40th 15/12/77: My Way

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Regrets? Flick had a few, after this…. (probably)

CHAMPAGNE: No Champagne – just a bottle of Blue Nun to whoever insisted L&C perform this.

SPOTTED:  Watching all reasoning, persuasions, excuses, and rationality flying out the production meeting room window.

Re: 40th 15/12/77: My Way

Everything'sRosie

Champagne: Just a Pink Lady please, barman.

Spotted: Only Pauline manages to raise a smile.

Re: 40th 15/12/77: My Way

SUMMARY: Not my way

CHAMPAGNE: Bottle is empty , cork is lost

SPOTTED: Nothing

Re: 40th 15/12/77: My Way

SUMMARY: Nice to see Legs twice in one night.

CHAMPAGNE: X

SPOTTED: Nope.
Don't worry I'm still here!

Re: 40th 15/12/77: My Way

SUMMARY: I have to say i'm neither a fan of the song nor the routine, it just shows that even the best in the business, Elvis, Flick, and the girls can't always get it right.

CHAMPAGNE: Patti was lucky enough to miss this one.

SPOTTED: Nothing this time.