40th 16/02/78: Wishing On A Star

Video:

SUMMARY: A genuine all round nice routine.

CHAMPAGNE: Lots of nice posed close ups, but my favorite is Pauline, Rosie and Lulu's emergence.

SPOTTED:
1. Pauline's hair can be seen a few seconds before they are supposed to appear. I wonder if she got a shout off Flick as she quickly ducked down again.

2. The sound man appearing behind Sue.

3. A rogue camara appearing, just before this there is one of Lulu's trademark glances at the monitor.

NEW NO.1
Boosted by being a Legs and Co routine last week it's:
Abba - Take A Chance On Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crgQGdpZR0

Re: 40th 16/02/77: Wishing On A Star

PattiforPM
SUMMARY: A lovely graceful outing for the Troupe

CHAMPAGNE: For me it is the Sue spins again

SPOTTED:  Can still hardly believe this Dance has been the centre of the Flick Wars and the great spurious Battle of the Gurn

Re: 40th 16/02/77: Wishing On A Star

SUMMARY: Legs & Co ramp it up to the beautiful sounds of Gwen Dickie and Rose Royce.

CHAMPAGNE: Everything Sue does in this – she kinda makes this routine her own.

SPOTTED: Rosie makes a spin in the crouching position, and she very slightly looses her balance and she puts her fingers to the floor to steady herself in a way where she’s hoping nobody noticed

Re: 40th 16/02/77: Wishing On A Star

PattiforPM wrote
SPOTTED:  Can still hardly believe this Dance has been the centre of the Flick Wars
Well that little episode was just to ridiculous for words.

Re: 40th 16/02/77: Wishing On A Star

SUMMARY: Legs & Co and Art Deco. A good combination.

CHAMPAGNE: Near the beginning when we see Patti slowly making her way up the rear ramp and Sue slowly going up the front ramp. Another screen-capping treasure trove this routine.

SPOTTED:   Around halfway though, the slight collision between Sue & Pauline when Sue runs towards her.

Re: 40th 16/02/77: Wishing On A Star

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: A dance which works on so many levels (gah!)

CHAMPAGNE: I refer to exhibit A of the header, Your Honour. Lulu looking hauntingly beautiful.

SPOTTED: Nothing not already highlighted.

Re: 40th 16/02/77: Wishing On A Star

SUMMARY:  Stars every one, although the set leave something to be desired.

CHAMPAGNE:  Everything Sue does!

SPOTTED:  With a few minor alterations its another welcome outing for the second 'The Shuffle' outfits.

2ND SPOT:  Doc has got the date in the header out by twelve months!

Re: 40th 16/02/77: Wishing On A Star

Doc
Glad to see you noticed.

Re: 40th 16/02/77: Wishing On A Star

Suefan wrote
SPOTTED:  With a few minor alterations its another welcome outing for the second 'The Shuffle' outfits.
Very welcome!

Re: 40th 16/02/77: Wishing On A Star

The Rubberband Man wrote
SPOTTED: Rosie makes a spin in the crouching position, and she very slightly looses her balance and she puts her fingers to the floor to steady herself in a way where she’s hoping nobody noticed
In her defence both Patti and Pauline make very similar moves with their arms although neither actually touch the floor. What makes it more noticeable is that Rosie was slightly late finishing the turn. If you carry on watching only Patti makes the next movement with her arms, the others all missed it.

Re: 40th 16/02/77: Wishing On A Star

SPOTTED:   Around halfway though, the slight collision between Sue & Pauline when Sue runs towards her.
An interesting one, I suspect that Sue was meant to be fairly close for the move. I've watched it in slowmo and it looks like Pauline intentionally twists to allow Sue past rather than being knocked like that. Just before it watch Pauline, she bends over a lot more then lifts her right leg higher than the rest when making the turn and steps slightly forward, I wonder if she got caught up with the hem of her dress and this made them a little closer than intended.

Re: 40th 16/02/77: Wishing On A Star

Ive also slow-mo'd it and i have that one down as a Sue error. She arrived to close to Pauline who simply held her position, but did had to yield by twisting slightly. Still its no real biggie either way as im sure no one these past 40 years even noticed it.

Re: 40th 16/02/77: Wishing On A Star

Everything'sRosie
Forgot this earlier.

New No.1:  A pure pop classic.

...and nobody did for FORTY years, you bounder!

I watched it frame by frame and now I'm involved in an awkward love-hexagon

Re: 40th 16/02/77: Wishing On A Star

Ive also slow-mo'd it and i have that one down as a Sue error. She arrived to close to Pauline who simply held her position, but did had to yield by twisting slightly. Still its no real biggie either way as im sure no one these past 40 years even noticed it.
Pauline seems to initially get in a little kerfuffle when gathering up her diaphanous skirt... and then Sue gives her a bump as she runs past (lol). So Pauline may be marginally out of line. Since there's a cut to the start of this sequence, I'm surprised they used this take for the final, as the whole sequece (from Sue at the top of the foreground ramp to the top of the background ramp) must have been filmed at least a couple of times. After all, there is another problem with the cut as it includes half of the camera crew in it as well.

Re: 40th 16/02/77: Wishing On A Star

Doc wrote
The Rubberband Man wrote
SPOTTED: Rosie makes a spin in the crouching position, and she very slightly looses her balance and she puts her fingers to the floor to steady herself in a way where she’s hoping nobody noticed
In her defence both Patti and Pauline make very similar moves with their arms although neither actually touch the floor. What makes it more noticeable is that Rosie was slightly late finishing the turn. If you carry on watching only Patti makes the next movement with her arms, the others all missed it.
What drew my attention to it was the way Rosie so quickly touches the floor with her fingers. She does it vey quickly in a way you would if trying to avert a mishap.

Re: 40th 16/02/77: Wishing On A Star

That fine, but i beg to differ. From my view Pauline is perfectly in position but Sue runs to close to her. As for the final take, well for all we know this could be final dress rehearsal footage, or as ive suspected for ages now a lot of these were filmed well before any audience are in the building. The presenter intros and outros were added by production later, hence the two audience girls at the start.

Re: 40th 16/02/77: Wishing On A Star

That fine, but i beg to differ. From my view Pauline is perfectly in position but Sue runs to close to her. As for the final take, well for all we know this could be final dress rehearsal footage, or as ive suspected for ages now a lot of these were filmed well before any audience are in the building. The presenter intros and outros were added by production later, hence the two audience girls at the start.
BIB
Looks like those two have enjoyed a day shopping in London and spent up in Biba