40th 16/06/77: You're Gonna Get Next To Me

40th 16/06/77: You're Gonna Get Next To Me

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gEPLJRBVUE

New No.1 Kenny Rogers - Lucille
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p-C_DhZEUY

SUMMARY: Despite it's rating I quite like this and I must say I'm rather jealous of those guys.

CHAMPAGNE: Pauline and Rosie looking extra gorgeous!

SPOTTED: The guy with Gill appears to be in shock.

NEW No.1: There's been better.

Re: 40th 16/06/77: You're Gonna Get Next To Me

SUMMARY: A diverse dancing dozen.

CHAMPAGNE: To the six lucky guys. I just hope they realized how fortunate they all were.

SPOTTED: The Foster Brothers (no me neither) are watching on in the background ready to perform next.

NEW No.1: Who bought this stuff back then ?

Re: 40th 16/06/77: You're Gonna Get Next To Me

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Flick: I want to involve members of the audience in this one. Girls: Groan.

CHAMPAGNE: Pauline's (relieved?) smile at the beginning knowing she's bagged Floid, who actually knows what's going on.

SPOTTED: Game of Thrones fans will already have "spotted" Sue skipping the light fantastic with Lord Jon Umber.

NEW No. 1: I don't find it too objectionable. It tells a story if nothing else.

Re: 40th 16/06/77: You're Gonna Get Next To Me

SUMMARY: The failed audition for Trousers & Co

CHAMPAGNE: Pauline and Floid; order in chaos

SPOTTED: Most admirable punter moment is staying relatively calm with a Legs & Co dancer wiggling back to beck behind them

NEW No.1  Not one of my favourite country songs but not terrible

Re: 40th 16/06/77: You're Gonna Get Next To Me

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Britain’s Got Talent. Unfortunately, it wasn’t in the TOTPs studio that night.

CHAMPAGNE: A glass of champagne for the effervescent Pauline who is fabulous in this.

SPOTTED: A bit of Pauline’s skirt comes loose, and she tries to hand it over to Floyd, maybe thinking he could put it in his pocket. Floyd doesn’t take it however, and it ends up discarded on the floor.

NEW No.1: A record that was heavily promoted by Terry Wogan that’s more famous for its mis-heard lyrics :-
You picked a fine time to leave me you seal,
Four hundred children and a crap in the field….

Re: 40th 16/06/77: You're Gonna Get Next To Me

Doc
The Rubberband Man wrote
NEW No.1: A record that was heavily promoted by Terry Wogan that’s more famous for its mis-heard lyrics :-
You picked a fine time to leave me you seal,
Four hundred children and a crap in the field….
I always thought that Kenny must have be very prolific to get 400 children.

Loose wheel was another variant that I believe was used by tidybeard on the breakfast show.

Re: 40th 16/06/77: You're Gonna Get Next To Me

Doc
You've just reminded me that Edmonds used to have a competition where people wrote in with misheard lyrics.
My favourite was:
I get up in the morning, eat baked beans for breakfast, oh, my ears are alight.

Re: 40th 16/06/77: You're Gonna Get Next To Me

The Rubberband Man
Doc wrote
You've just reminded me that Edmonds used to have a competition where people wrote in with misheard lyrics.
My favourite was:
I get up in the morning, eat baked beans for breakfast, oh, my ears are alight.
Lol

There's another :-
"I can see clearly now the rain has gone", sounds like "I can see Deirdre now Lorraine has gone"

Re: 40th 16/06/77: You're Gonna Get Next To Me

Legsfan
SUMMARY: Audience dancing/no credits.

CHAMPAGNE: Not this time.

SPOTTED: Nope.

NEW No.1: If I had to pick a Kenny number one it would be the 1980 one.

Re: 40th 16/06/77: You're Gonna Get Next To Me

SUMMARY: Not the best of the audience participation performances, but looking at the fashion back then is certainly entertaining.

CHAMPAGNE: The close ups of Rosie.

SPOTTED: Nothing this time.

New No. 1: I actually quite like it.

Re: 40th 16/06/77: You're Gonna Get Next To Me

Mikey
SUMMARY: Pauline and Floyd entertain, whilst the others meander in a circle doing what could barely be described as dancing.

CHAMPAGNE: Err next.

SPOTTED: Paulines been given a different outfit.

NEW No.1: Grim, although the 'You Seal' thing made me chuckle .

Re: 40th 16/06/77: You're Gonna Get Next To Me

Yes I remember the misheard lyrics slot.  My favourite was when someone wrote in about the Bee Gees track - You Should be Dancing.

What are you doing on your bloody back is the line.

Listener said it sounded like : - "stick your finger in the lemon dip".

Not sure that would be read out in today's radio.

Re: 40th 16/06/77: You're Gonna Get Next To Me

Dancer
SUMMARY: A lovely song and a really good dance.

CHAMPAGNE: Pauline looked lovely.  Outfits good too.  Was jealous of the men even though some looked uncomfortable.

SPOTTED: Nothing really just uncomfortable men.  I was so jealous when I saw this.

NEW No.1: This was the No.1 that the previous week had gone down to 3 from 2 and this week reached No.1.  Not sure if this was a first or has happened since but I really did not like this song.  Lovely voice and facial hair but the song was just a big fat zero.