Quantcast

40th 17/02/77: Chanson D'Amour

17/02/77

Legs and Co danced to:
Manhatten Transfer - Chanson D'Amour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkxk5aJWpfw

New No.1:
Leo Sayer - When I Need You.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsMqb9RQWGE
Question: Can you name any other No.1 Leo has had? (No looking it up).

No.1: He was born in the same town as me, so it was nice to see 'one of us' getting to No.1 plus he knocked that other record off the top which delighted me.

SUMMARY: Ooh La La! Something different from Flick.

CHAMPAGNE: I like Sue's looks at the camera at the end of the close ups.

SPOTTED: Patti's beauty spot and Rosie's gorgeous legs filling the screen (No I'm not that good at identifying Rosie, Sue told us).

Comments for the following please
No.1: A comment about it.
SUMMARY: A comment about the dance, anything you want to say.
CHAMPAGNE: Favorite moment from the routine.
SPOTTED: See anything unusual in the routine?
(you don't have to do all sections if you don't want to

Re: 40th 17/02/77: Chanson D'Amour

Legsfan
No.1: Something I would skip over.

SUMMARY: Bonjour! A very french routine.

CHAMPAGNE: Gill's kiss at the beginning

SPOTTED: At the end of the routine the beginning is repeated.

Re: 40th 17/02/77: Chanson D'Amour

The Rubberband Man
No.1: I can’t remember a #1 from Leo as I’m not a fan, but I do remember his moment on Celebrity Big Brother.

SUMMARY: C’est Jambes & Co

CHAMPAGNE: I’ll keep the champagne chilled for now.

SPOTTED: The different floors create optical illusions minimizing the dancers, or making them look larger depending on the size of the squares.

Re: 40th 17/02/77: Chanson D'Amour

Dancer
No.1: Hated the song.  His worst track off the Endless Flight album.  Preferred his sampled song for the noughties club anthem.

SUMMARY: Beautiful dance and outfits.

CHAMPAGNE: All of it.  Girls looked so beautiful.  The leg over the chair was fantastic and I can no longer do that.

SPOTTED:  Lulu still looking a bit nervous but she looked lovely and innocent.
Don't be a party pooper, be a super dooper hula hooper

Re: 40th 17/02/77: Chanson D'Amour

Everything'sRosie
No. 1: Awful dirge. Even worse than last weeks.

SUMMARY: Ooh la la. Slow and seductive. Berets and striped tops. One could almost be on the Rue de Passy.

CHAMPAGNE: When Sue, who is looking exceptionally beautiful, briefly turns to the camera.

SPOTTED: Rosie only just avoids ending up on her derriere as those swinging legs almost turn the chair over.

Re: 40th 17/02/77: Chanson D'Amour

No.1: Awful. Who bought this stuff.

SUMMARY: Six femmes sexy !

CHAMPAGNE: The Patti chair work

SPOTTED: The moment when Patti begins her sprint off-screen at 1.21mins on Doc's clip. Also, Pauline is the only dancer that we dont see sitting down in the routine.

Re: 40th 17/02/77: Chanson D'Amour

Gorgeous Daze
No.1: Soprific. 3/10

SUMMARY: A game of seductive French fancies.

CHAMPAGNE: La Patti's chair work.

SPOTTED: Broad belts.

Re: 40th 17/02/77: Chanson D'Amour

SUMMARY: Always reminds me of my first trip to France back in '68.
CHAMPAGNE: A blown kiss from Sue!
SPOTTED: That chess board has too few squares!

Re: 40th 17/02/77: Chanson D'Amour

No.1: I seem alone in liking this and indeed I bought it at the time

SUMMARY: Deliciously French and perhaps the Tastiest Marmite in the Country

CHAMPAGNE:  Patti and her Furniture Companion

SPOTTED:  The best framed legs in the Universe

Re: 40th 17/02/77: Chanson D'Amour

No 1: I remember his first hit, The Show Must Go On, that he performed dressed as a Pierrot Clown.

SUMMARY: Very French, very very sexy!

CHAMPAGNE: Sue's kiss, Patti's chair work, Rosie's chair work, Rosie's pins, Gill's close up, pretty much the whole routine actually

SPOTTED: Nothing really, pretty much faultless.

Re: 40th 17/02/77: Chanson D'Amour

Mikey
No.1: Ah, another one from the parents car tape, i'm immune to it now, its not too bad
SUMMARY: So good its made me change my mind about the song which i never liked before watching these routines.
CHAMPAGNE: Patti's chair routine in the middle including that backwards high kick
SPOTTED: In the first Sue/Lulu stare off they aren't quite facing each other, but they are in the second (at the end)

Re: 40th 17/02/77: Chanson D'Amour

I think the answer to the Leo Sayer question is 'MECK ft. Leo Sayer - Thunder In My Heart Again' from 2006, i did have to check the year though as i thought it was later than that but it did get to no 1.

Re: 40th 17/02/77: Chanson D'Amour

Doc
Yes, that's right!

Re: 40th 17/02/77: Chanson D'Amour

Old Grey Whistler
No.1: It's not bad at all although probably not his best.
SUMMARY: This was the dance  that really got me in to Legs & Co. After seeing this I had to google them to find out more.
CHAMPAGNE: Patti's solo
SPOTTED:  They have the berets and the striped tops but they obviously decided to leave the string of onions in the dressing room.

Re: 40th 17/02/77: Chanson D'Amour

CoffeeThing
No 1: I love this one, it brings back memories and is a favourite of mine from Leo.

Champagne: Legs galore, particularly Rosie's filling the right if the screen.

Spotted: Sue's lovely smile.