Quantcast

40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z19bKC5n8A

(Error: not for another two weeks)

SUMMARY: All very blue.

CHAMPAGNE: Sue's back kicks.

SPOTTED: Patti missed a kick about 20 seconds from the end.

No.1: A big favourite of mine when it was released. Great video in the days before most acts had worked the format out. I still enjoy hearing it now, A Ha!

Comments for the following please
SUMMARY: A comment about the dance, anything you want to say.
CHAMPAGNE: Favorite moment from the routine.
SPOTTED: See anything unusual in the routine?
No.1: A comment on the chart topper.
(you don't have to do all sections if you don't want to)

Re: 40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

PattiForPM
SUMMARY: I wish my Blues were always this brief

CHAMPAGNE: The splitting of the Troupe at 1:33

SPOTTED: I like the Infinity Running Track stage

No.1: Really like this one too.  Always wanted to share in Agnetha's Baaad Days

Re: 40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

Doc
PattiForPM wrote
SUMMARY: I wish my Blues were always this brief
or your briefs always this blue.

Re: 40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: L&C look sexy in blue while Elvis sings Moody Blue.

CHAMPAGNE: The Patti, Gill and Pauline trio doing their shimmy together.

SPOTTED: 1) Pauline’s top is particularly eye catching. 2) Lulu’s crucifix necklace is on show again. 3) Sue mugs Lulu’s camera shot around 1:19.

No.1: The world is crying out for pop music to be as good today as this record from 1977 is.

Re: 40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

SUMMARY: Reminds of the Chelsea song.

#Blue is the colour,
Moody is their aim,
they are all together,
and dancing is their game#.

CHAMPAGNE: No question, the Lulu/Sue shimmy early doors.

SPOTTED: Apart from it going slightly awry i the final few moments or so, i reckon Sue peeled away at the beginning about a second to early. Or could that just be me with my `screen-cap head` on wishing she had hung around a bit longer to get a good shot of her and Rosie.

No.1: Alan Partridge.

Re: 40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

Legsfan
SUMMARY: One of the best blue routines I have ever seen!

CHAMPAGNE: All of the dancer close-ups!!

SPOTTED: Sue blocks the view of Lulu in the close-ups for a second.
I also really like the new look 40th Anniversary threads, they're great Doc!

No.1: Not really an Abba fan, but this is okay.

Re: 40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

Howler alert! Abba don't actually go to No.1 for another two weeks!
I've got Paul Gambaccini to thank for the correction. (It's one of the featured years on this weeks Pick of the Pops, which is still available on IPlayer Radio).

Thinking back to 1977 and this song, I can remember it's release being a news item on the lunchtime Newsbeat. I wrote down the title to remind me to look for it in Woolworths, it sticks in my mind because in my excitement I forgot to use the K in Knowing. Strangely I thought it came in at No.4 before going to No.1, on investigation it appears I would make as good a Yewtree witness as Tony Blackburn as it's climb was actually 48, 18, 7, 2, 2, 1. I did buy the record and I think I still have it somewhere. It appears I may have my 7's and 4's confused You Honour!

Re: 40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

PattiForPM
You can tell that Vin and Bucksby are not yet regulars on this Thread Doc

Re: 40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

Doc
Vin's my usual proof reader. This time I was listening to the 1977 POTP in the car and when Chanson D'Amour was still No.1 I thought I might have made a balls up this week.

Re: 40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

PattiForPM
I hope you know that I am not being critical at all Doc.  I really like the structure of these Threads as I've said before and if you hadn't spotted this small gaffe yourself I wouldn't have figured it out in a million years

Re: 40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Nothing moody about these blue ladies.

CHAMPAGNE: The close-up pairings at the beginning.

SPOTTED: At first glance the girls look identically dressed, but on closer inspection each outfit is subtletly different.

Re: 40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

Gorgeous Daze
SUMMARY: A visual freshener chasing away the winter blues.

CHAMPAGNE: Stunning costumes, close-ups, flirty flamenco style, in fact all very enjoyable until it loses steam.

SPOTTED: The 'diamond' floor is a square.

No.1: Familiarity can't devalue Abba Gold. Heartbreaking pop perfection: 10/10

Re: 40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

Doc
Gorgeous Daze wrote
No.1: Familiarity can't devalue Abba Gold. Heartbreaking pop perfection: 10/10
Strangely I've heard Knowing Me Knowing You, Moody Blue and Sunny on the radio in the last 48 hrs.

Re: 40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

Mikey
SUMMARY: Rapidly released 'Suspicion' follow up sees Elvis continue a good run of form, Legs and Co deliver a shiny, exuberant skirt swisher, always a good watch despite its brevity.
CHAMPAGNE: All of it, well it is only short
SPOTTED: Nothing particularly, seems like a fairly even amount of camera time for all.

Re: 40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

SUMMARY: I could never be moody watching these ladies in blue.

CHAMPAGNE: The close ups of all the girls at the beginning, and Rosie throughout.

SPOTTED: Seems to get a bit messy about 30 seconds from the end.

No 1: Another Abba classic, they made so many fantastic records.

Re: 40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

Old Grey Whistler
SUMMARY: It starts off well but the second half of the routine seems weaker so the end result is only average.
CHAMPAGNE: My champagne goes to the costume designer. Amongst the best costumes that 'Legs' ever wore.
SPOTTED: Nothing in particular
No.2: Not all that keen. However the song makes me want to raise my arms and shout out "Ar Harr" in true Alan Partridge style.

Re: 40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

CoffeeThing

Champagne: Sue's smile front centre of the line about half way through.

Spotted: Sue's smile!

No 1: I love Abba and indeed thus sing, but like everyone else, it's a bit Partridge'd these days.

Re: 40th 17/03/77: Moody Blue

Dancer
SUMMARY: A dance that a mute individual would have picked up given the outfits.

CHAMPAGNE: Good dance and the outfits were lovely.

SPOTTED: Nothing major

No.1: The most beautiful song from a lovely album.