40th 17/06/79: Sunday Girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjqeg02X7ac

COMMENT: One of the dances of the year and possibly the whole five year run.

CHAMPAGNE: Patti you tease!

OTHER LIKES:
The little black dresses.
Rosie taking on Patti in the pouting stakes.

The posing line up.

Just before the poses Pauline's moves and expressions.

SPOTTED:
Near the end Gill leaves her arm up whilst the others move their's up and down.

The lights at the back completely not in tune with the song.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 17/06/79: Sunday Girl

Dunno what Peter P is on about in the intro. He's hardly clashing with the audience girl clothes colour-wise.

Re: 40th 17/06/79: Sunday Girl

Everything'sRosie
COMMENT:  Coco Chanel was born for this moment. It's LBD heaven!

CHAMPAGNE: Patti (in the sexiest dress ever) teases us with her key. In my estimation, unlocking that padlock and the dress falls apart.

OTHER LIKES: It's basically a stream of fantastic moments. All those seductive struts and poses. The copious close-ups. The use of the split-level set. The excellent lighting (for once). But I just love Pauline's and Patti's (in the sexiest dress ever) swiveling hips.

SPOTTED: There's a rather obvious edit just after Patti's (in the sexiest dress ever) key moment.

VERDICT: Outstanding. And for purely scientific research, I've forced myself to watch it again and again to see if it stands up to repeat viewings. It does. Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention, Patti is wearing the sexiest dress ever.

Re: 40th 17/06/79: Sunday Girl

COMMENT: Absolutely The Dance Classic

CHAMPAGNE: Moet's whole Cellar.  Patti and Pauline when we have to hurry up and wait.  Patti looks gives-me-the-shivers good

OTHER LIKES:  AG was right Gill is excellent here

SPOTTED: Patti I have the key....and your right earring.... and you can come get them anytime

Re: 40th 17/06/79: Sunday Girl

AC/PD
COMMENT: One of the all-time best performances by Legs & co to a Blondie record. Debbie who? Sheer chic and sophistication from all six stunning Sunday Girls.

CHAMPAGNE: Waiter, keep that champagne tower flowing. Patti's sauntering in her OWN time to get into place followed by her coy "Who me?" moment when she knows she's a winner.

OTHER LIKES:  The knowing nods between the resting Sue and Lulu.

SPOTTED: Never really noticed the subtle diagonal slit across the front of Rosie's dress until today.

Re: 40th 17/06/79: Sunday Girl

COMMENT: It's a classic but no parasol !

CHAMPAGNE: A bottle or three but no bathfull !

OTHER LIKES:  For once black is the colour.

Re: 40th 17/06/79: Sunday Girl

Doc
Spotted: Patti has her shiny 'brooch' on the back of her dress, whilst the rest have it somewhere on the front of their dress.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 17/06/79: Sunday Girl

COMMENT: I absolutely love this routine. Is this my favourite Legs & Co performance? Quite possibly!

CHAMPAGNE: A whole bottle for each girl, maybe a second one for Patti and her key moment.

OTHER LIKES: Gill's backless dress, Rosie's split across the front of hers.

SPOTTED: Patti has another padlock on her right shoulder.

Re: 40th 17/06/79: Sunday Girl

PattiforPM
Well done GiLuRo: this is my favourite Legs Dance too and I have watched it literally hundred of times but I never noticed the other padlock

Re: 40th 17/06/79: Sunday Girl

Doc
I know where you were looking!

I do find that I often get fixed on a particular dancer and end up missing something good elsewhere. Sometimes I try and watch routines and avoid watching the obvious eye catching moments, occasionally it throws up a gem or two that I’ve missed.
Still living in 1979