40th 17/08/78: Three Times A Lady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK3bqJd39Nk

COMMENT: Is this Flick being literal again there are after all 3 ladies! Who cares, it's a nice graceful dance to a good No.1

CHAMPAGNE: More like a mellow wine.

OTHER LIKES: The understated nature of the dance which suits the song. Ladies in pure white.

SPOTTED:
Just before the minute mark I think Lulu missed a move whilst off camera. She can just be seen on the edge of the picture standing still waiting to restart.

Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 17/08/78: Three Times A Lady

AC/PD
COMMENT: Ruby Remainers paying due reverence.

CHAMPAGNE: The sudden stepaway which greets the change from first verse to chorus.

OTHER LIKES: The white on black contrast between costumes and background.

SPOTTED:   Nothing.

Re: 40th 17/08/78: Three Times A Lady

Doc wrote
SPOTTED:
Just before the minute mark I think Lulu missed a move whilst off camera. She can just be seen on the edge of the picture standing still waiting to restart.

I'n not so sure about that Doc, and I'm not trying to show any favouritism for the cute one here. The way I see how it works, and it's kinda clever is, the lyrics go :-
"You're Once" - and it's just Sue
"Twice" - and it's now Sue with Patti moving in from the right
"Three times a lady" - and now it's Sue with Patti and Lulu from the left.
The whole point is Lulu doesn't move until it's the "Three times a lady bit" otherwise the sentiment and meaning of the lyrics if all three are dancing at the once/twice bit is lost.
I don't know how others see it but that's my take on it.

#Luluism

Re: 40th 17/08/78: Three Times A Lady

Doc
Giving it a second look I think you're probably right. The camera rather hides what's happening but you can just see Patti not moving before twice.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 17/08/78: Three Times A Lady

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: A captivating, elegant and graceful dance sequence performed on the studio floor.

CHAMPAGNE:
The triple overlay at the start

OTHER LIKES: Monochromatic simplicity

SPOTTED: Nothing

Re: 40th 17/08/78: Three Times A Lady

Suefan
COMMENT: The distaff Flippers score an absolute gem.

CHAMPAGNE: Bubbly all round and lets have another bottle.  Its simple, its straighforward, but it works a treat, just like the plain dresses.  As so often in art less is more.

SPOTTED: Inadequate audience chair budget.

Re: 40th 17/08/78: Three Times A Lady

Doc
It's almost like it's implied that these ladies are so perfect they need no embellishment.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 17/08/78: Three Times A Lady

COMMENT: Three times an Angel

CHAMPAGNE: No bubbles but what depth

OTHER LIKES: As others have stated, the breathtaking purity and simplicity

SPOTTED: Did we miss an incipient Sue solo at the end?

Re: 40th 17/08/78: Three Times A Lady

Doc
PattiforPM wrote
SPOTTED: Did we miss an incipient Sue solo at the end?
Not bad for someone who doesn't normally see much. It does look like the editor robbed us of a bit of the lovely Sue, you can see her moving away from the other two just before Lionel and Co get in the way!
Good to see Lloyd back!