40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wf3c5ZuKRo

SUMMARY: Another one where it's a real shame that we got robbed of the HD performance. Nice routine.

CHAMPAGNE: No stand out moments.

SPOTTED:
The tallest stalagmite seems to be dancing in time to the music and one of the stalactites is wobbling so much I think it's about to fall.

Re: 40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: A petrifying performance from L&C

CHAMPAGNE: Patti’s wave when the line skips round the stalagmite

SPOTTED: New hairstyle for Lulu  πŸ˜

Re: 40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Legs go underground. And it's a troglodelightful performance.

CHAMPAGNE: Yes, Patti for me too, especially those swinging hips. I don't know what that girl was on that day but I want some of it!

SPOTTED: The synchronization is so off in places it must have been intentional.

Re: 40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

SUMMARY: A geologists dream.

CHAMPAGNE: Not really a champagne moment, but i like the bit when a hunched Patti creeps across the screen about halfway through.

SPOTTED:  All the girls have hair adornments of some description, i think everyone of them differs, though its hard to tell.

Re: 40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

The Rubberband Man wrote
SPOTTED: New hairstyle for Lulu  πŸ˜
Lulu and curly hair were made for each other!

Re: 40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

The Rubberband Man
Doc wrote
The Rubberband Man wrote
SPOTTED: New hairstyle for Lulu  πŸ˜
Lulu and curly hair were made for each other!
I'm missing the old style already

Re: 40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

Doc
Didn't work for me.

Re: 40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

Her hair now (Turn To Stone) isn't to bad, though the cutey-pie look is now designated to history. Its her ill fated trip to the hairdressers during the Christmas period when she re-emerged in January with the awful tight perm that ive never been onboard with. Like so many females around that time, that style was considered a good idea. Shame they just didn't leave it to Liverpool footballers. Luckily come April the hair slowly began to regain its lost glory and the whole shaggy look that so captivated Lulu fans begins.

Re: 40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

PattiForPM
I vote;  1. Mature Lulu >>>>  2.  Young Lulu  >>  3.  The Transitional/Curly/Permed Lulu

Re: 40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

Doc
How mature?

Re: 40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

PattiForPM wrote
I vote;  1. Mature Lulu >>>>  2.  Young Lulu  >>  3.  The Transitional/Curly/Permed Lulu

1. Mature style (wild and unkempt)
2. The 'Getting Ready For Love' flat-but-growing-out style
3. Original side-parting art-deco circa '76.
4. The jarring Night Fever perm.

Re: 40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

Doc
I have to disagree, I think she looks gorgeous in Night Fever. She even distracted me from my usual favourites!

Re: 40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

The Rubberband Man
I like all Lulu's hairstyles..... I guess I don't want to split hairs over which is best....
The evolving nature of the different styles is what I like. All a bit different and none boring.
Bring on the changes, although the 1981 long hair look is perfection personified.

Re: 40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

PattiForPM
If I may just put on my Medical hat for a second, when one is delirious from Night Fever even an Alpaca looks darn good

Re: 40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

Doc wrote
I have to disagree, I think she looks gorgeous in Night Fever.
I agree. By `Night Fever` the tight perm look, so evident back in the first quarter of 1978 has been replaced by a much softer perm which is far easier on the eye.

Re: 40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

SUMMARY: Hyperactive Cave Nymphs explore the Papier Mache Cavern

CHAMPAGNE: Shared bottle between whoever suggested bringing the golden boots down here and whoever secured the stalagmite/tites just powerfully enough

SPOTTED: A lot of lovely smiling faces

Re: 40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

SUMMARY: The first of many fantastic Legs & Co performances to ELO numbers.

CHAMPAGNE: No real stand out moments this time.

SPOTTED: Gill seems to be a little cheekier than the other girls at around 0.45 seconds

Re: 40th 17/11/77: Turn To Stone

Old Grey Whistler
SUMMARY: Put Legs & Co and ELO together and you usually get a good result - this is no exception.

CHAMPAGNE: Not Champagne but Patti's little wave to camera stands out.

SPOTTED: Nothing in particular.